• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume every time someone uses the word 'Hodgson' in the context of this discussion they actually mean England's physio team. Unless you're saying they're somehow not employed nor responsible for a player's physical fitness and monitoring fatigue.

GorillaJu

I presume every time someone uses the word 'Hodgson' in the context of this discussion they actually mean England's physio team. Unless you're saying they're somehow not employed nor responsible for a player's physical fitness and monitoring fatigue.

"It was important for me to test his resolve a little bit. I might have been guilty of putting that resolve to the test, but I don't apologise for it."

You aren't wrong but he only has himself to blame if he feels hard done by that oversight.

Raymond Verheijen has been criticising Hodgson over Twitter over Sterling comments:

Verheijen seems to go off at nearly everyone, but I think he has a point here (I may be a little biased though).

This isn't Hodgson's fault (in terms of Sterling being tired or not). And there is no way he wants his England tenure to be affected because Rodgers can't rest Sterling, not that I am a fan of Woy but in Sterling's case Rodgers is at fault.

Liverpool played on:
Sep 23rd - Sterling played for 120 minutes
Sep 27th - Sterling played for 90 minutes
Oct 1st - Sterling played for 90 minutes
Oct4th - Sterling played for 90 minutes

England played on:
9th Oct - Sterling played for 45 minutes
12th Oct - Sterling played for 25 odd minutes

Liverpool will again play on 19th Oct - Sterling will probably play 90 minutes again.

If Rodgers believes Sterling needs more rest, HE SHOULD REST HIM. Not ask Hodgson to rest him.

Clegg

We're playing Germany tonight. Germany who will want a backlash after losing to Poland. The same Germany who beat us 1-6 in Dublin juat two years ago.

Will watch from behind the sofa.

El Topo

We're playing Germany tonight. Germany who will want a backlash after losing to Poland. The same Germany who beat us 1-6 in Dublin juat two years ago.

Germany is still drunk from their WC victory, you can beat them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham face an anxious wait over the fitness of Hugo Lloris and Nacer Chadli as they prepare to face champions Manchester City.

Oh good, our two most in form players are injured.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
United next play on my birthday, what a time to be alive :D

United next play on my birthday, what a time to be alive :D

cqFTCRM.gif

GorillaJu

This isn't Hodgson's fault (in terms of Sterling being tired or not). And there is no way he wants his England tenure to be affected because Rodgers can't rest Sterling, not that I am a fan of Woy but in Sterling's case Rodgers is at fault.

Liverpool played on:

England played on:

Liverpool will again play on 19th Oct - Sterling will probably play 90 minutes again.

If Rodgers believes Sterling needs more rest, HE SHOULD REST HIM. Not ask Hodgson to rest him.

Fu

Cking

He

Ll

Razor554

Neymar scored 2 so far vs Japan, he is on fire this season.

"Neymar has now scored 38 goals and given 23 assists in 58 international matches for Brazil"

Will pass Pele as most goals scored for Brazil before he hit age of 27.

Liverpool played on:

England played on:

Rogers needs to learn from Fergie. If you want your player to rest during the international break then get him to feign injury.

Wilbur

Banned
Not his fault that current gen of Brazilian players are avarage at best. Thiago Silva and Neymar are the only world class players there.

They also had a fucking weird selection policy at the World Cup. Miranda and Luis being omitted was madness.

Seen so much of people saying Thiago Silva being world class without ever having seen it for myself.

Not for Milan, PSG or Brazil. Seen him get shat on by Rooney and generally be not that amazing at the World Cup though.

bud23

Neymar scored 2 so far vs Japan, he is on fire this season.

"Neymar has now scored 38 goals and given 23 assists in 58 international matches for Brazil"

Will pass Pele as most goals scored for Brazil before he hit age of 27.

ronaldld1cot7.png

Ronaldo outscores 104 European teams; En-route to 73 goals. In total, 116 teams make up Europe's most important leagues. Tallying up their goals and ranking them in a table, only 12 teams, including Real Madrid, have scored more goals than Ronaldo.

He has scored 13 goals in six league games. Only the very best gamers can boast stats like that. If he maintains his average of 2.16 goals per game for the rest of the season and plays the same number of average games he has over the past few seasons, about 34, he would finish the campaign on 73 goals.

Seen so much of people saying Thiago Silva being world class without ever having seen it for myself.

Not for Milan, PSG or Brazil. Seen him get shat on by Rooney and generally be not that amazing at the World Cup though.

Well he is world class because there is just a lack of general great defenders and he is the best of a bad bunch

Because of the general lack of great defenders Ronaldo can score so much. If he was playing in the 90s he would not be so prolific.

Jamie OD

I was there that night. When Germany scored the 3rd goal I just couldn't stay angry anymore and spent the rest of the match enjoying the sight of them ripping us apart. With that said, it's going to be a rough night tonight.

Carbonox

This Gotham show is a bit poop, young Bruce Wayne can't act for shit.

Yeah the amount of forced references and whatnot made me re-live my injury on Sunday all over again, it was that hard hitting.

btw how are you finding The Evil Within? I know you're one of the few here who got it IIRC.

Only half an hour in but I'm impressed so far in terms of the challenge and atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom