• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybore

Sure is refreshing to see Scotland go for it these days instead of hiding in our half for 80 minutes, the last 10 years having been painful to watch.

RIP Boilesen

ibmddb.gif

xaolsn.gif

faridmon

To those of you who said long distance relationships don't work were right.

Fuck :(

I am sorry to hear that :(

Also that Anime thread is just misleading. Most of those reconsiderations are absolutely trash.

pls guys don't watch [C] or X'amd. They are just aweful.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
"Serbia and Albania game halted as a drone (with an Albanian flag) entered the field of play. A player brings the drone down and a full out brawl erupt"
That wasn't just Albanian flag it was 'big Albania, small Serbia' one. Serbian player took it down and they had a brawl :)

El Topo

There are good ones :(

pls Linius, don't be like this!

There's a lot of weird stuff though, which can be really off-putting. There's also good stuff though, like Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo, as well as some amazing movies (Ghost in the Shell, Ghibli movies).

That said, there's *a lot* of stuff I just can't accept. I tried some anime on Netflix about a guy that gets sent to prison, forgot the name. Such a crappy anime, really awful.

Linius

There's a lot of weird stuff though, which can be really off-putting. There's also good stuff though, like Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo, as well as some amazing movies (Ghost in the Shell, Ghibli movies).

Correct me if I'm confusing you with someone else Farid.

I think I talked to Farid about Ghibli but he hadn't seen a single one of them. It's the only thing close to anime I'm familiar with :p

FootballFan

You just gotta find that good anime m8s.

It is like watching Big Bang Theory and According to Jim then saying "American comedy shows suck"

There are gems like Curb, Sunny in Philly, Arrested Development etc. which are completely different. Same thing applies in Anime imo.

imo.

Linius

You just gotta find that good anime m8s.

It is like watching Big Bang Theory and According to Jim then saying "American comedy shows suck"

There are gems like Curb, Sunny in Philly, Arrested Development etc. which are completely different. Same thing applies in Anime imo.

imo.

That applies to anything in life. After listening to Nickelback you'd probably think American music sucks.

El Topo

I think I talked to Farid about Ghibli but he hadn't seen a single one of them. It's the only thing close to anime I'm familiar with :p

I'm not really too versed when it comes to anime. Paprika is also pretty good, the first Ghost in the Shell is absolutely incredible (and has one of the best movie soundtracks of all time). Can't think of too many other movies, except for maybe the Lupin the 3rd movies, which are at least enjoyable. Grave of the Fireflies is also really good (with an amazing credits theme), although pretty damn depressing.

But I'm surprised faridmon hasn't seen Ghibli movies.

faridmon

That said, there's *a lot* of stuff I just can't accept. I tried some anime on Netflix about a guy that gets sent to prison, forgot the name. Such a crappy anime, really awful.

There are alot of good Anime, every season you have at least 3 r 4 shows who are amazingly good or have the potential to be something great.

The problem is that is the industry don't make a lot of money so they have to cater to the lowest common denominators: Smelly geeks who have fetishes!

If I could recommend one that is on Netflix that would be Eden of the East. pls watch it! Its bloody amazingly realised and guess who is director: The one who made Ghost in the Shell shows!

FootballFan

I'm not really too versed when it comes to anime. Paprika is also pretty good, the first Ghost in the Shell is absolutely incredible (and has one of the best movie soundtracks of all time). Can't think of too many other movies, except for maybe the Lupin the 3rd movies, which are at least enjoyable.

Ghibli? Farid?

Pls. Ghibli is too mainstream for Farid. We should know this by the music he likes.

Linius

I'm not really too versed when it comes to anime. Paprika is also pretty good, the first Ghost in the Shell is absolutely incredible (and has one of the best movie soundtracks of all time). Can't think of too many other movies, except for maybe the Lupin the 3rd movies, which are at least enjoyable. Grave of the Fireflies is also really good (with an amazing credits theme), although pretty damn depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owddukdxFv4

This is one of my favourite pieces of music in films.

Yen

Can anyone remember the name for the subreddit where the likes of the 'Acquiring Business' video came from?

faridmon

I have seen some of them and quite recently. The only one I have seen when it came out was Spirited Away but I couldn't remember anything about. So I have watched at a special screening along with Kiki's delivery Service and ended up loving both.

Will have to buy the DVDs but atm I am quite broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom