• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Kiki?

I guess I have a huge backlog to catch!

Haven't seen it yet. There are 21 Ghibli films mate. But Kiki, Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. Buddy of mine recently got a few of them on blu so we'll probably do another film meet at some point down the line.

After seeing Princess Kaguya I'm also really interesed in The Neighbours Yamada actually. These two really stick out because they have a very different style from all the other Ghibli films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDrkokymLQ

Check out this trailer, it's so beautifully animated. Like watching moving paintings.

faridmon

Haven't seen it yet. There are 21 Ghibli films mate. But Kiki, Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. Buddy of mine recently got a few of them on blu so we'll probably do another film meet at some point down the line.

After seeing Princess Kaguya I'm also really interesed in The Neighbours Yamada actually. These two really stick out because they have a very different style from all the other Ghibli films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDrkokymLQ

Check out this trailer, it's so beautifully animated. Like watching moving paintings.

That trailer was great, but had to stop midway since I don't want any spoiler. I shall get all of the DVDs at once and Marathon them. Can't wait for that day to come!

spidye

There are good ones :(

pls Linius, don't be like this!

maybe you can help me mate

I'm in search of a good anime with great and awesome fighting sequences and humor.

I enjoyed animes like dragon ball z, great teacher onizuka, gurren lagann and FMA fumoffu,...

I highly disliked Neon Genesis

can you help a brother out and recommend me a new anime?

Batongen

Banned

I'm in search of a good anime with great and awesome fighting sequences and humor.

I enjoyed animes like dragon ball z, great teacher onizuka, gurren lagann and FMA fumoffu,...

Cyborg 009

Linius

That trailer was great, but had to stop midway since I don't want any spoiler. I shall get all of the DVDs at once and Marathon them. Can't wait for that day to come!

Kaguya is actually in theaters now man, saw it a few weeks back at the film museum in Amsterdam. A building you might like as an architect.

GNeOFrV.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I'd love to see all the home nations at the Euros.

Odds of Scotland and Ireland going through is obviously very high, but superb starts for both of them.

LTWheels

I suppose the best thing about the expanded Euros is that we will see Wales, Scotland and NI qualify.

Feel good factor seeing all the home nations do well.

Fintan

I'd love to see all the home nations at the Euros.

Odds of Scotland and Ireland going through is obviously very high, but superb starts for both of them.
The fact that 3rd place puts you in a playoff means Germany, Ireland, and Scotland qualifying from the group is a real possibility. Obviously Poland will be a factor too.

Wilbur

Banned
I suppose the best thing about the expanded Euros is that we will see Wales, Scotland and NI qualify.

Feel good factor seeing all the home nations do well.

How exactly does it work?

23 spaces up for grabs with France through. How do they decide what makes it up?

edit: ah? Third place play offs.

Pennywise

Samurai Champloo
Katanagatari
Seirei no Moribito (not really comedy though)
Gintama (never seen it, but people praise it and it should be exactly what you're looking for).

CentroXer

Banned
lol france mocking the swedes when they make it 1-3 (at this moment they are through)

74JLVAn76VMAMNaQzWEL2fPuYg3.jpg

sweden mocking the french right back when they make it 4-1. (sweden goes through)

3uCyBnENxck6P6Ph3ypV2x39ZNT-1.jpg

faridmon

I dislike Neon Genesis as well. Psuedu-intellectual bullshit with horrible writing and big self-wankery is not something I enjoy. Thank you!

Hmm, there is a lot to recommend, can you be more specific; Nothing much comes to mind that combines Humour and Action with nice animation except for Hunter x Hunter 2011 (Fucking watch that if you can)

But one with great action sequences with great cool fights and even cooler villains is Darker than Black. Its probably one of my favourite Action Anime and its only 24 eps.

Fintan

How exactly does it work?

23 spaces up for grabs with France through. How do they decide what makes it up?

edit: ah? Third place play offs.
As far as I know, the eight best third place teams (out of 9) will go into playoffs, with their results against the bottom team in their group taken out.

El Topo

Crap, the nearest airing of 20,000 Days on Earth is more than two hours away. Still hoping the local arthouse cinema airs it at some point.

Bold One

Nice ranking, haven't seen all of them, but from the ones I've seen I'd agree.

Spirited Away and GotFF would be even, depending on mood, I'd pick one over the other lol.

The way his friends tricked him into wearing it made me lose it.

''OK each and every one of us is gonna wear this.'' two of them leave the room

fucking hilarious!

yeah the last funny anime I watched was Ouran Host club, didnt think I would like but I was pleasantly surprised.

Whatever you do, dont watch Grave of the Fireflies, you will be depressed for days

Fintan

As someone who doesn't really watch Northern Ireland, how have they managed this? It feels like they could always have been doing better than they did. They'd always manage the odd good result, but this consistency is unprecedented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom