• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Abidal was absolutely brilliant, why the hell did Barca let him go again?

The truth is they should all be playing at the same time. Llorente, Tevez and Morata. You can't really expect to put Morata in a formation / team that was set up to play with an offensive pivot (Matri, Llorente ...) and hope that things will magically work themselves out.
apparently our (1st half) plan was closer to a 4-3-3 with Vidal-Tevez-Morata rotating or something? We clearly underestimated the LVGenius of Allegri
Juve are shit

I want my Vidal back. :(
I think for the FIRST TIME THIS SEASON I actually liked what I saw from him. He was harrying and hassling like the Abysswalker of old, and same for Asamoah too, I don't know why some Juventini are bitching about their performance

Artorias did miss like....3 sitters and a penalty (that could prove crucial) though :lol

and guys, we need to talk about our defense, or rather our set piece (non)defending :lol

Zabojnik

Cunts are always welcome.

safe_image.php

Zabojnik

I think for the FIRST TIME THIS SEASON I actually liked what I saw from him. He was harrying and hassling like the Abysswalker of old, and same for Asamoah too, I don't know why some Juventini are bitching about their performance

Artorias did miss like....3 sitters and a penalty (that could prove crucial) though :lol

and guys, we need to talk about our defense, or rather our set piece defending :lol

I thought Vidal and Asamoah were both pretty disappointing yesterday tbf. Asamoah is not a winger, we know this, everybody does, except Marotta, who refuses to find us a proper flank devouring player. When Asa is in top shape, he manages to somehow compensate, because he's just that awesome. When he isn't, like lately, he just hovers around the 3/4, giving us no end product. Never jumps his man, rarely crosses, passes the ball back more often than not. Vidal gave everything he has right now, so I can't blame him for not trying, but he's losing balls left and right with Matri-like control / first touches. Hopefully he's on his way to full recovery.

Blablurn

Please appreciate him while you have him :(

I do.

But it's obvious. The idea of Pep will be heavily integrated in the mindset of the players. The greater part is already inside their head as you can see this year. Last year we still had problems. Onces he leaves the synapses will break apart. Starting with those rondos in training, up to all the tactical lego pieces which created wonders like the 7:1 in Rome. The media said the 7:1 didnt show the difference between the teams but the differences between the coaches. and after the game every bayern player was raving about the tactical setup pep went with. oh my, unless we get klopp i have no idea who will lead us to glory again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
funny quotes!

Andrea Mandorlini “Young players are like popsicles, they need to be eaten slowly.”

Raymond Domenech “Thierry Henry sacrificed his image for the benefit of the France team (he's referring to the handball vs Ireland), whereas Zinedine Zidane sacrificed the team’s chances for the benefit of his pride.”

Sampdoria's president Ferrero (he's quickly becoming my fav in Serie A) “The Coach is like a beautiful woman, desired by everyone, but at the moment he’s mine and I’ll hold on to him. Then it depends on what they decide, but for now he’s with me.”

Zamparini comments on Franco Vazquez, who reacted to being substituted 12 minutes from time by taking off his shirt and throwing it on the ground: “If it were me I’d have thrown a bomb at the feet of the Coach”

I thought Vidal and Asamoah were both pretty disappointing yesterday tbf. Asamoah is not a winger, we know this, everybody does, except Marotta, who refuses to find us a proper flank devouring player. When Asa is in top shape, he manages to somehow compensate, because he's just that awesome. When he isn't, like lately, he just hovers around the 3/4, giving us no end product. Never jumps his man, rarely crosses, passes the ball back more often than not. Vidal gave everything he has right now, so I can't blame him for not trying, but he's losing balls left and right with Matri-like control / first touches. Hopefully he's on his way to full recovery.

He did quite well defensively (LB), we almost collapsed again after he got injured ;_; he did make that one golden cross that Marchisio fucked up

it's hard to blame Marry for not buying wingers anymore, as they all suck when they come to Italy.

but I'm gonna blame him anyway, fuck you Marotta.

I do.

But it's obvious. The idea of Pep will be heavily integrated in the mindset of the players. The greater part is already inside their head as you can see this year. Last year we still had problems. Onces he leaves the synapses will break apart. Starting with those rondos in training, up to all the tactical lego pieces which created wonders like the 7:1 in Rome. The media said the 7:1 didnt show the difference between the teams but the differences between the coaches. and after the game every bayern player was raving about the tactical setup pep went with. oh my, unless we get klopp i have no idea who will lead us to glory again.

Brendan Rodgers will probably be available

DBT85

So is it safe to say that Brendan is content with Liverpool "making up the numbers" in CL?

Looks like Liverpool are doing in the CL what Burnley are doing in the PL, just riding the wave for the money and focusing on getting back as soon as possible with what that money will bring.

Phlebas

Banned
GTA V on PC looks really nice.

Now if only I could get the driving physics of GTA IV nodded in somehow and I'm all over it.

Do I need a mic to play dota2? Is the community really as shitty as people make out?

Ha, I was gonna send you a message earlier to ask if you'd ever played it before

You don't need a mic in the lower level games, though it's handy since there's so much going on, it can't be communicated accurately and at speed with pings, text and wheel-chat

I'll team up if you want and help you with the basics :)

The community is bizarre. Most people at the low level just don't communicate aside from very basic teamwork stuff, some people are a lot of fun to play with and are just there to have a good time, some take it very seriously but are fine, some take it seriously and are abusive towards people who to them are playing badly, and some are just cunts whose entire ethos is to flame their teammates/opposition.

With nothing at stake aside from time, it's worth just muting those last 2 types of people. What you lose in teamwork is a worthy sacrifice to not have to listen to their bullshit.

At the lower levels (where I still am btw) the good players have a tendency to only play well individually, and do nothing to help their teammates with advice, so there's often no reason not to mute them if they're being twats. If you're playing badly and someone says 'report Mastadon', mute them and don't worry about it, as long as you're not being shit on purpose, most players accept that there's a steep learning curve and its easy to have a bad game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just trying to help out with your search :(

Pellegrini might be available too!
Hiddink?
Maybe Van Gaal becomes available too for a return

Question then is who can you tempt away. Simeone?

Who are the up and coming good managers?

they only hire managers who speak German, so that should narrow it down.

I don't know if it's gonna be Kloppo (no chance in hell), but it'll definitely be a coach they'll steal from a(n upcoming) rival. Kinda like Jupp when his Leverkusen finished higher than them.

dc89

Why has The Walking Dead got really good all of a sudden?! Randy - pls explain this. This weeks episode was really good.

German huh

Klinnsmann it is...again

Bayern getting Klopp would be ultimate betrayal though

I remember someone once mentioned a Lucien Favre, how about him?

Gambit

I don't know if it's gonna be Kloppo (no chance in hell), but it'll definitely be a coach they'll steal from a(n upcoming) rival. Kinda like Jupp when his Leverkusen finished higher than them.

Please, in Jupp's case we were the rich kid who gave one of his toys to a poor friend. Once we saw how much fun the poor kid had with it, we took the toy back. Just because.

...ugh

pls dont say that

I hate
Michael and Walt's flashbacks/story

Are you at the point yet where you wish Kate wasn't in it?

Am I a phillistine for not giving a shit about most games/films/music/media being archived so it can live forever? 99.99999999% of work deserves to die along with it's era imo. Borderlands will have nothing to offer future generations, it doesn't matter if it doesn't exist any more in 10 years' time, let alone 100.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Please, in Jupp's case we were the rich kid who gave one of his toys to a poor friend. Once we saw how much fun the poor kid had with it, we took the toy back. Just because.
THAT'S EVEN WORSE GAMBIT

I wish we were like Bayern.

Well, we kinda are, but only in Italy. There's genuinely nothing better than being hated by inferior weaklings.

KNEEL
Bail out.
really? It was so much fun from start to finish.

but yeah, binge watching LOST is really not the same as watching it on weekly basis and talking about it with friends, so might as well stop watching it really.
Am I a phillistine for not giving a shit about most games/films/music/media being archived so it can live forever? 99.99999999% of work deserves to die along with it's era imo. Borderlands will have nothing to offer future generations, it doesn't matter if it doesn't exist any more in 10 years' time, let alone 100.

games :lol

films, music and books SHOULD be archived, don't be silly.

bud23

MisterChip (English) ‏@MisterChiping
RMA 1-0 LIV (FT) - Madrid have advanced mathematically. They've advanced in every Champions League Group Stage they have played (23 for 23)
MisterChip (English) ‏@MisterChiping
Iker Casillas has 49 clean sheets in Champions League. He is only 2 away from Van Der Sar's record

Not bad.

Top Bottom