• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

That Anderlecht manager is a right idiot. 2nd game now where he basically says we don't respect our opposition. His team are basically out of the cl so he should just shut the hell up and fuck off. His team failed to progress through, that's all that really matters.

They are a shit team and are treated like a second rate team because that's what they are.

I'm an Arsenal fan and I can still feel the salt in this post.

That Anderlecht manager is a right idiot. 2nd game now where he basically says we don't respect our opposition. His team are basically out of the cl so he should just shut the hell up and fuck off. His team failed to progress through, that's all that really matters.

They are a shit team and are treated like a second rate team because that's what they are.

He maybe right?

Esch

Banned
I don't think Welbeck had a good game at all either. He looked very tentative and unconfident in the penalty box at times. there were a lot of points where he could have taken a shot or attempted a dribble but looked back/around for a pass.

You're slightly pathetic at times

I don't think he is. MK Dons gets a result against United doesn't make them better than they really are.

What does that have to do with his point?

They are after all Anderlecht, and have at best 1/10 of your budget. Of course they are a second rate team in Europe, but still enough to not take them seriously.

kharma45

This is so sad.

EDxGQjd.png

Pennywise

What does that have to do with his point?

They are after all Anderlecht, and have at best 1/10 of your budget. Of course they are a second rate team in Europe, but still enough to not take them seriously.

Plus it's just not this game, the first game in Anderlecht was pretty close as well.

Clegg

why are u so bitter penaldo didnt get an easy goal for a change.
Ok let's break this down.

You called Ronaldo "Penaldo" implying that penalties comprise a lot of his goal scoring stats. I reply that Messi has actually scored more penalties in the Champions League. You then say he's played less games than Ronaldo (which had nothing to do with the argument but let's roll with it). Surely the fact that he's scored more penalties in less games than Ronaldo means that said moniker is pointless and a bit silly. Then you call me bitter because I find this foolish.

Have you been drinking bleach?

You called Ronaldo "Penaldo" implying that penalties comprise a lot of his goal scoring stats. I reply that Messi has actually scored more penalties in the Champions League. You then say he's played less games than Ronaldo (which had nothing to do with the argument but let's roll with it). Surely the fact that he's scored more penalties in less games than Ronaldo means that said moniker is pointless and a bit silly. Than you call me bitter because I find this foolish.

He just has the brain capacity of a jellyfish. You might as well argue with Wilburs fart fluids.

Lightning

Banned
You're slightly pathetic at times
I'm not being pathetic. Being pathetic is them talking like we treated them disrespectfully just because they get for them what is a good result. Could've taken the result and moved on but no... Had to run his mouth.

What did we do that was disrespectful to Anderlecht? Surrender a lead? We've done that many times. Be dodgy at the back? Again common. What did we do that provoked that guy to say we didn't respect our opposition?

Messi

You called Ronaldo "Penaldo" implying that penalties comprise a lot of his goal scoring stats. I reply that Messi has actually scored more penalties in the Champions League. You then say he's played less games than Ronaldo (which had nothing to do with the argument but let's roll with it). Surely the fact that he's scored more penalties in less games than Ronaldo means that said moniker is pointless and a bit silly. Than you call me bitter because I find this foolish.

He got the Penaldo name from the terrible reffing in La Liga and his diving early on in his Madrid career. Not the champions league. Its a shit name.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

What a shit post. You just proved his point

Debate time

Was Rodgers' decision to play so few of our first 11 vindicated?

We were very toothless again, and pushed our luck, but could have quite feasibly have drawn. I personally doubt that we'd have done better with the first 11, so I think it was vindicated regardless of the Chelsea result.

Clegg

Looks like LVG has doubts over Falcao's ability to handle the speed and physicality of the PL. Apparently a deal is in place to bring him in permanently but United will only commit to it if they see a big improvement in his performances.

Yen

balepsycho6ko2e.gif

Looks like LVG has doubts over Falcao's ability to handle the speed and physicality of the PL. Apparently a deal is in place to bring him in permanently but United will only commit to it if they see a big improvement in his performances.

Hmm.

I think he's been fine in the very small number of games he's played so far, but the price is a massive sticking point. Especially if he's unavailable often.

Scum

Debate time

We were very toothless again, and pushed our luck, but could have quite feasibly have drawn. I personally doubt that we'd have done better with the first 11, so I think it was vindicated regardless of the Chelsea result.

Your first 11 would have lost by more. Just face it, Hitch. Gerrard is dead. Balo disrupts. Sterling is missing his best mate. Allen is a fraud.

Time for Can and Kolo to shine.

OneTwoTee

Banned
Debate time

Imagine if we had played Balo instead of Borini, Gerrard instead of Can/Lucas and more importantly Lovren instead of Kolo.

There's your answer.

Clegg

Hmm.

I think he's been fine in the very small number of games he's played so far, but the price is a massive sticking point. Especially if he's unavailable often.
Ladyman says we're looking for a world class goal scorer for next season. Falcao would be the obvious player since he's already here on loan, but, like you say, it's too risky to commit to a player whose fitness is in doubt.

K1LLER7

Still a bit early to say. Ladyman needs to chill.

I think he'll come good. I hate that there has been no news on his injury or how long he'll be out for. LVG really should have started him vs WBA. He was great after coming on and was comfortable holding the ball when marked by 2 or 3 players. I doubt he'll struggle in the PL. It would have been ideal to just play him after he scored his first vs Everton.

Hopefully if he's fit for the weekend, his return could see us move back to a 442 diamond and it'll get ADM back in his main position. Shame our defence is broken though.

G-Unit

You called Ronaldo "Penaldo" implying that penalties comprise a lot of his goal scoring stats. I reply that Messi has actually scored more penalties in the Champions League. You then say he's played less games than Ronaldo (which had nothing to do with the argument but let's roll with it). Surely the fact that he's scored more penalties in less games than Ronaldo means that said moniker is pointless and a bit silly. Then you call me bitter because I find this foolish.

link?

No dinner again? Stop playing smut games and go get something to eat.

I slept on average about 3 hours the last two days, so when I got home today I pretty much died and slept until the second half of the CL matches. Please understand. You finally missed a good morning at a weird time.
1l60FCa.png

Top Bottom