• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

arkon

Hmm. Unbeaten run was bound to come to an end. Was expecting it last Saturday. Did not expect to get anything at Derby. Need to bounce back and make sure we take points off Fulham.

---

Nice to see Juve keep the CL dream alive. Also surprised at the Real Madrid - Liverpool scoreline. Not the arseholing that was expected. Just a case of Real being wasteful or Liverpool doing better than expected?

Scum

I slept on average about 3 hours the last two days, so when I got home today I pretty much died and slept until the second half of the CL matches. Please understand. You finally missed a good morning at a weird time.
1l60FCa.png

3hrs?

nCUoKLR.png

sohois

I didn't wake up to watch the RM-Liverpool game last night, and maybe if I had I would have been surprised by the selection.

But I'm still going to take the opportunity to say it's goddamn hilarious reading the pre match comments on here and elsewhere having seen the result. Kind of pathetic from some of the Liverpool fans on here though.

What I find particularly strange is everyone acting like dropping a few first teamers is some massive downgrade, considering those same first teamers just lost to Newcastle. Sterling was the only player who in terms of form and quality should be starting the big games and was left out

Wilbur

Banned
Six episodes into GOT now. Liking it, although some of the acting is a bit dodge and it isn't as good as the book.

Around 100 pages into ACOK as well.

wedward

So is it safe to say that Brendan is content with Liverpool "making up the numbers" in CL?

Can Arsenal fans start asking Liverpool fans "what's the point of being in CL if you aren't going to win it" like they did for the past 5 years?

Wilbur

Banned
So is it safe to say that Brendan is content with Liverpool "making up the numbers" in CL?

Can Arsenal fans start asking Liverpool fans "what's the point of being in CL if you aren't going to win it" like they did for the past 5 years?

yes please

(although if liverpool were consistently in it without troubling for as long as you have it might hold more water, considering they have at least won one in the modern era)

Lightning

Banned

Still can't believe we didn't win against Anderlecht.

GorillaJu

It's liverpool's first year in the CL in half a decade and you're already accusing them of "making up the numbers". The point is to continuously grow and improve. Something Arsenal haven't done for years.

Esch

Banned

Are you though? They basically just gave us a taste of our own medicine. Lose 70 minutes of the game, come back in the last 20.

TBH, the whole game whenever we weren't passing around in their half. they were looking like they might nab one on the break like teams always seem to. I'm not really that surprised.

As long as Wenger continues to run this 4-1-4-1 with the DM's we have (look at how much space we give even bad teams), you can expect more implosions like this.

wedward

It's liverpool's first year in the CL in half a decade and you're already accusing them of "making up the numbers". The point is to continuously grow and improve. Something Arsenal haven't done for years.

But Arsenal have never thrown in the towel before the game even kicked off.

Liverpool are regressing this year and will most likely miss out on CL.

My original comment was pretty tongue in cheek. I don't think Liverpool's squad is deep enough to fight in both and it's smart to focus on the league.

I'm more surprised when we win honestly. Our back line is shit. I am starting to think this is Per's last season in the first 11.

jtb

Banned

you say that, but....

anyways, this game has pretty minimal influence on anything. it's pretty embarrassing, probably won't be good for squad morale (and all the starters logged more minutes, so that's something I'm worried about), but we were always finishing 2nd in the group.

blowing that City lead was far more frustrating; fuck, I really wish we could have gotten a win out of that game... haven't gotten a win against a really good side in a long time, especially after the Community Shield gave me some false hope

also, Joey Barton you fucking cunt

Just finished The Knick.

Sensational first season, there seriously aren't many shows airing next year that I'm looking forward to more.

Lightning

Banned
you say that, but....

anyways, this game has pretty minimal influence on anything. it's pretty embarrassing, probably won't be good for squad morale (and all the starters logged more minutes, so that's something I'm worried about), but we were always finishing 2nd in the group.

blowing that City lead was far more frustrating; fuck, I really wish we could have gotten a win out of that game... haven't gotten a win against a really good side in a long time, especially after the Community Shield gave me some false hope

also, Joey Barton you fucking cunt
Several league performances have been more annoying. We weren't finishing top of the group even if we won against Anderlecht as you said but to not win leading 3-0 after 60 minutes is a blow below the belt.

Games against Leicester, Hull, Spurs and City we should have won them all and all had more importance than the Anderlecht result. It's rather how the Anderlecht result happened then the actual result itself.

Ramsey has no discipline in his game anymore. He just wants to score goals and nothing else.

wedward

Ramsey has no discipline in his game anymore. He just wants to score goals and nothing else.

Yup. Another player that wants to play wherever he wants and has forgotten what made him so great last season. The goals were just the cherry on top last season. Nobody is thinking "man, i really wish Ramsey would score more goals" He needs to get back to dominating the midfield.

he also needs to cut his hair and stop modeling.

Hi Wilbur

Lightning

Banned
It's been a long time since a result infuriated me like that one did though.

Mertesacker needs a real good kick up his ass. He's starting to really piss me off now. He cost us the points against Hull as well. Fuck him.

Wilbur

Banned
Yup. Another player that wants to play wherever he wants and has forgotten what made him so great last season. The goals were just the cherry on top last season. Nobody is thinking "man, i really wish Ramsey would score more goals" He needs to get back to dominating the midfield.

he also needs to cut his hair and stop modeling.

Hi Wilbur

I missed you baby

wedward

It's been a long time since a result infuriated me like that one did though.

Mertesacker needs a real good kick up his ass. He's starting to really piss me off now. He cost us the points against Hull as well. Fuck him.

His interview where he said he was struggling with motivation was pretty bad. Arsenal are paying you a fuckton of money to play football and you are stuggling with motivation?

I missed you baby

I missed you too.

And the legit normal banter.

Esch

Banned
I think you all are being a bit harsh on Ramsey, he seems more frustrated with himself/current form rebounding from injury and trying to make up for it than being selfish or undisciplined per se. That free kick today was stupid though, and his long passes and shot attempts are genuinely bad.

I really do hope him and Cazorla can put it together. The latter is taking a decent amount of shots too.

Esch

Banned
Wilshere would be a better player if he tried to emulate Barry Ferguson (heh) instead of struggle dribbling himself into trouble. Just get the ball and dead it away.

wedward

Wilshere would be a better player if he tried to emulate Barry Ferguson (heh) instead of struggle dribbling himself into trouble. Just get the ball and dead it away.

Both Wilshere and Ramsey are trying to do much. Wilshere dribbles into dead ends and Ramsey refuses to make the easy pass.

Blablurn

Watching game of thrones and playing football manager

maybe ill never get a job and just die doing what I love

Managing hull City

you and me, bro.

i keep sending job applications, only to receive negative feedback.

im talking to a korean friend these days. she is in the same situation over there in korea. no luck at the job hunt. we are not alone, wilbur.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WOOEDWARD LIVES!! Welcome back wedward!

Reporter:...it looked like Llorente played better than Morata
Allegri : "You guys make me LAUGH...everyone said I should play Morata a few days ago"

Allegri

Allegri

Allegri

are we taking tactical suggestions from the media now?

Ok let's break this down.

You called Ronaldo "Penaldo" implying that penalties comprise a lot of his goal scoring stats. I reply that Messi has actually scored more penalties in the Champions League. You then say he's played less games than Ronaldo (which had nothing to do with the argument but let's roll with it). Surely the fact that he's scored more penalties in less games than Ronaldo means that said moniker is pointless and a bit silly. Then you call me bitter because I find this foolish.

Have you been drinking bleach?

He just has the brain capacity of a jellyfish. You might as well argue with Wilburs fart fluids.

I

CANT

Zabojnik

WOOEDWARD LIVES!! Welcome back wedward!

Allegri

Allegri

Allegri

are we taking tactical suggestions from the media now?

I

CANT

The truth is they should all be playing at the same time. Llorente, Tevez and Morata. You can't really expect to put Morata in a formation / team that was set up to play with an offensive pivot (Matri, Llorente ...) and hope that things will magically work themselves out.

Arsenal are shit

Juve are shit

Totti is dead on a shit team.

When is the next international break? I want to see Italy struggle to complete my misery.

At least Sanchez is good. We might be able to sell him to a good team like Bayern for a profit next season.

Top Bottom