• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Missed the games last night as we had a fucking powercut until about 6am.

Sounds like Liverpool did well last night and Arsenal... well yeh, its just standard these days.

EmiPrime

I'm on the Eurostar now and in the lounge was the Anderlecht players and staff. I said to one of their directors that I was at the game and that his team did a good comeback. And he replied that he didn't play and that the players were over there. No shit you middle aged cunt.

I'm on #teamlightning now.

Got a few photos of their players.

Portugeezer

Missed the games last night as we had a fucking powercut until about 6am.

Sounds like Liverpool did well last night and Arsenal... well yeh, its just standard these days.

I would say it's more to do with Madrid not being on the top of their game... they still forced a lot of saves from the keeper.

Liverpool were shit.

Carbonox

I'm on the Eurostar now and in the lounge was the Anderlecht players and staff. I said to one of their directors that I was at the game and that his team did a good comeback. And he replied that he didn't play and that the players were over there. No shit you middle aged cunt.

Did you ask the players if they eat Guylian chocolates? I want to know if Belgians like it like I do.

We threw away a 3 goal lead to a team that can't even afford to fly.

Linius

You're talking to a Belgian guy, did you expect something smart to come out of his mouth? Come on!

We threw away a 3 goal lead to a team that can't even afford to fly.

Flying is cheaper than the Eurostar m8

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol, I got my Apple ID locked because I didn't know my security question. Tryed to unlock trough customer service. They need to do two verifications with me, of which one is generating a pin trough the website. That was easy. But for all the other verification methods they need me to either have an iPad/iPhone/Mac(book) or a creditcard. I have none of that crap so now I still need to wait eight hours. Even for the text message verification Apple demands you have an iPhone, bunch of dicks.

A

P

P

L

E

The hero we didn't deserve

Someone link me to his post pls

What's this about Just Cause 3 possibly being F2P? Square pls

he's with you guys on Whatsapp, right? Please say hi to him!

and please don't ruin JC3 you wankers

Sorry fellas, I forgot not everyone can afford to fly first class or BA's Club Europe. kinda like Immbobile, Insigne and De Sciglio at the world cup

eOFn5Bb.jpg

taPQB05.jpg

7Pn6e1l.jpg

x9fdLIw.jpg

nUHjhhg.jpg

QBnUqGa.jpg

hMCH4Bq.jpg

BA First Class meal I had flying from US to London

Was pretty damn good too

Unfortunately, meal from London to India wasn't as good.

I would say it's more to do with Madrid not being on the top of their game... they still forced a lot of saves from the keeper.

Liverpool were shit.

Ah fair enough, big game on Saturday for us and them.

Cech supposedly starting tonight along with Azpili, Happy and Ramires. I expect Drogba to play as well

KidJr

Emirates have the best first class food imo, best first class anything actually. Think BA is over priced for what it is.

The only way you could consider Liverpool as being shit last night is if you look at it through glasses tinted by being an elite club. In the context of the way we've been this season, the personnel we had on the pitch, the team we were up against and the stadium we were playing in, we did fine.

Obviously disappointing in attack, but we were 1 phase of play away from getting a draw.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Flying first class is so silly

Just fucking sleep

If I pay for first class I'm gonna stay awake for the whole flight and press every fucking button I feel like pressing

The only way you could consider Liverpool as being shit last night is if you look at it through glasses tinted by being an elite club. In the context of the way we've been this season, the personnel we had on the pitch, the team we were up against and the stadium we were playing in, we did fine.

Obviously disappointing in attack, but we were 1 phase of play away from getting a draw.

"1 phase of play"

:lol

Hitch pls

Linius

Flying first class is so silly

Just fucking sleep

If I pay for first class I'm gonna stay awake for the whole flight and press every fucking button I feel like pressing

I'm a small guy so the extra space you get for first class is something I won't need anyways. But the meals do look good.

But a real baller books one of those bedroom like suites they have with a couple of those luxury arab/asian airlines.

Zabojnik

Why has The Walking Dead got really good all of a sudden?! Randy - pls explain this. This weeks episode was really good.

It got solid / good right after Wooden stopped watching it. Coincidence? I don't know, but I'm leaning towards no.

"1 phase of play"

:lol

Hitch pls

Well we were

Basics innit. I imagine that if they hadn't scored then, they'd have scored eventually. We lost by a single goal though, and doing that at the Bernebeuaueauae to this Madrid team is not shit, no matter how little attacking quality we showed.

Well we were

Basics innit. I imagine that if they hadn't scored then, they'd have scored eventually. We lost by a single goal though, and doing that at the Bernebeuaueauae to this Madrid team is not shit, no matter how little attacking quality we showed.

Neither here not there for me but I can see why Madrid fans might think that.

Liverpool didn't even have a half chance really...game's about scoring, you don't even get close to doing so...could say that's pretty shit.

There's also business class for more comfort. But without all the luxurious extra stuff like chef meals and expensive wine.

Ah yeah. Well yeah anything that gave me more space and gave me free food and wifi in the waiting lounge.

Not looking forwards to my 16 hour trip to Brazil..need to invest in a super comfy hoody.

If I had the money I'd absolutely pay first class for any long distance flight.

Economy is so uncomfortable.

There's also business class for more comfort. But without all the luxurious extra stuff like chef meals and expensive wine.

I would not go first class again on BA.

I could have used half my points for Business Class, which still has good food and good seating + full reclining seats. It's a happy medium + you can always ask for a free upgrade to first class during check in.

Carbonox

I would not go first class again on BA.

I could have used half my points for Business Class, which still has good food and good seating + full reclining seats. It's a happy medium + you can always ask for a free upgrade to first class during check in.

Does this ever work? I need to do this for my trips to San Francisco.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Exactly. Or buy some sleeping pills, it's cheaper :lol

I can't justify first class, it's not about affording it, it's about the ludicrous price for a one time thing.

Even when my company sends me out on courses abroad, I always go Economy and tell'em to give me the rest of the money as an allowance :lol

Hotels though, 5 stars or bust.

How many phases of play would Liverpool require to win a game?

At the moment, millions. Every attack is petering out well before we get to even take a shot, most of them before we even get within 30 yards of goal. Need to do a lot of serious work in that area. And get Sturridge back.

Wouldn't be surprised if we played for a draw against Chelsea. We either play Balotelli in a 2, and risk losing all stability in midfield, leading to us losing easily, or we play Borini up front and offer very little threat.

edit: I'd say if you expect to lose 5-0, play for a draw and end up losing by just one, you've done okay. If we'd showed proper attacking intent, we'd have been absolutely hammered. We're just nowhere near as good as them in any area.

Top Bottom