• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
gilberto-silva.jpg

Leonardo+Bonucci+Manchester+City+v+Juventus+zzD-9IaZrH0l.jpg

Seen Interstellar innit.

Fun

Stopped taking it seriously like an hour in though.

But yeah, If you're going into a movie like that thinking you need to take it seriously, you're doing it wrong.

right? I mean what's with this "IT AINT SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE" :lol whatever happened to just telling you a good story that's worth the price of admission

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE9olFozEh8

Jesus, Manchester Junited, you need cooler fans. What is this :lol it's like a collection of people who get beat up in school

Footy-gaf. Today I was chatting with this QT3.14 sales clerk at the store while buying a jacket. Afterwards she sends me an email thanking me for making the purchase. Is that standard procedure now?

I know retail workers are supposed to be friendly and all, but I'd feel like a dumbass if she were actually dropping hints and I just dun goofed

she was probably just being friendly, though. :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Footy-gaf. Today I was chatting with this QT3.14 sales clerk at the store while buying a jacket. Afterwards she sends me an email thanking me for making the purchase. Is that standard procedure now?

I know retail workers are supposed to be friendly and all, but I'd feel like a dumbass if she were actually dropping hints and I just dun goofed

she was probably just being friendly, though. :/

did she use the store's email? Because she can't ask you out with that one :p

if you like her just go back, buy a pair of underwear, and ask her for her number so you can thank her for thanking you for your purchase, or something. :lol

Lightning

Banned
I'm talking about on the field. The quality of our game.

We have spent all this money and we still play like shit.

I don't feel like we can win the league under Wenger. He has shown nothing to convince me otherwise.
That's my point though. Very few managers in the pl are capable of winning it. Mourinho can, LvG can, Pellegrini can with City's squad and resources but I don't think he can with the resources of an arsenal or Liverpool. No other manager will be able to win it with Arsenal's squad.

Mourinho would have us challenging with our resources. But aside from Mourinho no other manager would be capable of winning the league for Arsenal. Klopp? Maybe but Dortmund's situation not only this season but last 2 seasons says no. Guardiola? Great manager but can he do it when he doesn't have one of the best squads at his disposal? Hmm dunno, he hasn't proved he can.

Replacing wenger won't be as easy as many think it will be.

did she use the store's email? Because she can't ask you out with that one :p

if you like her just go back, buy a pair of underwear, and ask her for her number so you can thank her for thanking you for your purchase, or something. :lol

lol yeah she did. that's why i know it's wishful thinking on my part.

bb pls ;-;

wedward

That's my point though. Very few managers in the pl are capable of winning it. Mourinho can, LvG can, Pellegrini can with City's squad and resources but I don't think he can with the resources of an arsenal or Liverpool. No other manager will be able to win it with Arsenal's squad.

Mourinho would have us challenging with our resources. But aside from Mourinho no other manager would be capable of winning the league for Arsenal. Klopp? Maybe but Dortmund's situation not only this season but last 2 seasons says no. Guardiola? Great manager but can he do it when he doesn't have one of the best squads at his disposal? Hmm dunno, he hasn't proved he can.

Replacing wenger won't be as easy as many think it will be.

I'm not looking to replace Wenger. I'm looking for the club to bring in someone new with different ideas.

I don't know if these other managers can win the league or not. But I feel pretty confident in saying that Wenger will not win the league in the next three years.

I am just tired of Arsenal fans being afraid of the future. Take a fucking risk. Worse case is we drop out of a tourney we have no chance of winning as it is.

The whole footballing side needs to change after Wenger leaves. It is no good just saying we need coach x,y or z, because we really need a director of football and more people with footballing backgrounds in the higher positions of the club.

Wenger is the only footballing authority at Arsenal and it is why we have struggled so much. Sir Chips said they just let him do as he wants. The board culture needs to change.

I would love to see Tony Adams on the board as an advisor. He was Mr Arsenal and while he might not be a tactical genius or have a footballing philosophy, he will always have the best interest of the club at heart.

I would love to see Dennis Bergkamp as Director of Football. He has the Dutch total football philosophy running through his blood. Or maybe Viera, someone who knows about both attacking and defending and what it takes to win at the highest level. Both also have good youth backgrounds. Ultimately, this doesn't have to be an ex Arsenal player, but I don't want it to be a suit who has never played the game. I think this will be the top priority once Wenger goes rather than who the next coach will be.

The coach needs to be someone who can work within the parameters outlined by the director of football. Ideally someone who is a good man manager and tactically astute.

wedward

The whole footballing side needs to change after Wenger leaves. It is no good just saying we need coach x,y or z, because we really need a director of football and more people with footballing backgrounds in the higher positions of the club.

Wenger is the only footballing authority at Arsenal and it is why we have struggled so much. Sir Chips said they just let him do as he wants. The board culture needs to change.

I would love to see Tony Adams on the board as an advisor. He was Mr Arsenal and while he might not be a tactical genius or have a footballing philosophy, he will always have the best interest of the club at heart.

I would love to see Dennis Bergkamp as Director of Football. He has the Dutch total football philosophy running through his blood. Or maybe Viera, someone who knows about both attacking and defending and what it takes to win at the highest level. Both also have good youth backgrounds. Ultimately, this doesn't have to be an ex Arsenal player, but I don't want it to be a suit who has never played the game. I think this will be the top priority once Wenger goes rather than who the next coach will be.

The coach needs to be someone who can work within the parameters outlined by the director of football. Ideally someone who is a good man manager and tactically astute.

I think a director of football working with a new manager would be ideal. I would want the manager to have final say on all transfers, but it would be nice to not be a one man act in the future.

I feel pretty confident that the board culture will change when Wenger leaves. I don't think Gazidis likes the way things are run currently. I can't imagine Gazidis would hand over complete control to a new manager. I don't think many managers want to have as much control as Wenger has.

Dennis? Yes. Viera? Yes. Adams? Nahhh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger should become Director of Football.
that's like waking up from a nightmare into another nightmare.

tumblr_mh78sc0GTP1rmtenjo1_500.gif

Take a fucking risk. Worse case is we drop out of a tourney we have no chance of winning as it is.
:lol well put :lol
Ultimately, this doesn't have to be an ex Arsenal player, but I don't want it to be a suit who has never played the game

this whole filling the club with ex players business is fucking heartwarmingly rad

avatars-000088953220-ukxk7k-t200x200.jpg

but not always

fcb_2012_07_05_01,property=original.jpg

wedward

I love Wenger but I hope we he retires that he isn't involved in the day to day operations of the club. Don't want him hovering over the new manager.

Also lol at the idea of making Wenger the director of football. The guy fucking hates the transfer market. No way would we make it is full time job.

I feel sorry for Nedved as a director, all he ever does is jump up and down next to Agnelli at games. Whenever he tells the club to sign a player they just seem to tell him to jump and down when Juve score. Hopefully he will replace Marotta soon.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I feel sorry for Nedved as a director, all he ever does is jump up and down next to Agnelli at games. Whenever he tells the club to sign a player they just seem to tell him to jump and down when Juve score. Hopefully he will replace Marotta soon.

No, no, NO :lol he's actually way more involved than that! Not only is he on our board of directors, but he's also very involved in our day-to-day work with Allegri

most importantly, he patched up our relationship with Mino Raiola.

but yeah, I'd love to see him replace Marotta too

I hate it when people who want to point something out on the screen of a laptop actually touch the screen

The screen makes a rainbow effect and I die a bit on the inside

Honestly, United need to find a way to bring Beckham back for a role at the club. Madrid benefits from Zidane.

Who the fuck do United have? Schmeichel? Just look at Wooden for an example of how Danes feel about him.

Honestly, United need to find a way to bring Beckham back for a role at the club. Madrid benefits from Zidane.

Who the fuck do United have? Schmeichel? Just look at Wooden for an example of how Danes feel about him.

We will have Rooneh in a few years time as a retired ambassador manager coach extraordinaire

Blablurn

Well let's see, Nedved came on board in late 2010 so...3 consecutive Scudetti vs 2 German shields and a CL.

Not bad considering!

Fergalicious will not allow it

Congratulations on your 3 titles in the Serie A. Must have been a blast to celebrate them.

Lightning

Banned
I'm not looking to replace Wenger. I'm looking for the club to bring in someone new with different ideas.

I don't know if these other managers can win the league or not. But I feel pretty confident in saying that Wenger will not win the league in the next three years.

I am just tired of Arsenal fans being afraid of the future. Take a fucking risk. Worse case is we drop out of a tourney we have no chance of winning as it is.
I'm not afraid of change, in fact I think.it's needed for us to make the next step but the recruitment process needs to be proper and not take some clown from who done well with what they had.

It's just Wenger gets a lot of hate now, a lot of criticism when you look at our end of season always in top 4, consistent cl football, he has spoilt Arsenal's fans and now they resent him for it.

The main thing is, for all Wenger's failings, his worst his still better than Spurs best and has been for 18 years. Challenging for the cl and pl titles are all he's lacking but those are top end things. It's just Arsenal fans don't realise how lucky they are and how good they've had it. You read some of the anti wenger posts and you'd think we'd been hard done by and that he was destroying our club when the reality is quite the opposite.

Deserves a lot more respect than he gets. A lot more.

According to the Sun Reus declined the Arsenal offer. Because he wants to win titles.

Oh, damn.

Siiiiick Buuuurn, Marco.
Marco 'injured half of every season' Reus should focus on his health. He should not be our priority when we have Alexis at our club.

Before Sanchez joined I wanted him. Now? Who gives a fuck I want Lars Bender.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy shit. What a little tiger.
"he can manage a team like Sunderland or Newcastle" :looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

cute haha
Congratulations on your 3 titles in the Serie A. Must have been a blast to celebrate them.

Yes! It still means something to us, you know, unlike say....Bayern fans last year, when they were celebrating breaking Kloppo's unprecedented record more than the German shield itself :lol

Blablurn

"he can manage a team like Sunderland or Newcastle" :looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

We did! It still means something to us, you know, unlike say....Bayern fans last year, when they were celebrating breaking Kloppo's unprecedented record more than the German shield itself :lol

We broke it for the second time in a row last year. What a time to be alive.

No, no, NO :lol he's actually way more involved than that! Not only is he on our board of directors, but he's also very involved in our day-to-day work with Allegri

most importantly, he patched up our relationship with Mino Raiola.

but yeah, I'd love to see him replace Marotta too

Cool, I was never 100% sure what he actually did. I always read his comments to the press, but with Italian clubs it can get confusing with so many people involved about what they actually do. Inter is the most confusing club around, there always seem to be a different guy with a fancy title doing a lot of talking.

Jack cw

Yes! It still means something to us, you know, unlike say....Bayern fans last year, when they were celebrating breaking Kloppo's unprecedented record more than the German shield itself :lol

Yurt pls. Karma is a bitch and Klopp is now breaking records with flipping the Bundesliga table. Dortmund is done for us, hell half the team is already at Bayern.

Salazar

Fellaini is relishing Van Gaal’s deployment of him. “At the moment the manager is using me as a box-to-box player and I am trying to score a goal,” he said, though he is content to operate elsewhere as in Saturday’s 1-0 win over Crystal Palace. “I played a little bit more up front as a No8. Then for the last 20 minutes I played at No6 alongside Daley Blind. I can play different positions.”

WY12l.gif

Marouane Fellaini was speaking at the screening of ‘HUNGRY TO WIN’, a Japanese animation created by Nissin, Manchester United’s Official Global Noodle Partner.

5YudM.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cool, I was never 100% sure what he actually did. I always read his comments to the press, but with Italian clubs it can get confusing with so many people involved about what they actually do. Inter is the most confusing club around, there always seem to be a different guy with a fancy title doing a lot of talking.

that's true :lol in the Guarin saga they were all blaming each other and no one could really pinpoint whose fuck up it was....it's a brilliant structure when you think about it!

There was technical director Marco Fassone, sporting director Marco Branca, Moratti and his secretary doing their own mercato work and Thohir and his answering machine

I lost it when Guarin locked himself in our HQ

what a time to be alive that was :lol

Jack cw

Pep pls.
Guardiola said in an interview with Mundo Deportivo, that he will never coach Barcelona again. He might return to the city sometime but for his family. Now pls extend with Bayern for another 5 years.

I'm not afraid of change, in fact I think.it's needed for us to make the next step but the recruitment process needs to be proper and not take some clown from who done well with what they had.

It's just Wenger gets a lot of hate now, a lot of criticism when you look at our end of season always in top 4, consistent cl football, he has spoilt Arsenal's fans and now they resent him for it.

The main thing is, for all Wenger's failings, his worst his still better than Spurs best and has been for 18 years. Challenging for the cl and pl titles are all he's lacking but those are top end things. It's just Arsenal fans don't realise how lucky they are and how good they've had it. You read some of the anti wenger posts and you'd think we'd been hard done by and that he was destroying our club when the reality is quite the opposite.

Deserves a lot more respect than he gets. A lot more.

Marco 'injured half of every season' Reus should focus on his health. He should not be our priority when we have Alexis at our club.

Before Sanchez joined I wanted him. Now? Who gives a fuck I want Lars Bender.

Wenger has done a great job over the 18 years, but the problems of us not competing for the last 8 years are on him. The collapse last side, the collapse in 07/08, the 4-4 against Newcastle, the dozens of other instances of throwing away games under the slighest bit of pressure, these all fall on his own failures as a manager to see a weakness and address it. Yes, we have been under financial limitations, but that has never been our problem. We look like a team that has never spent a single day of training how to defend set pieces or counters, and it has been that way for far too long.

I said yesterday but I will say it again, the 06 champions league run was so impressive defensively because the players were solid and knew what to do rather than being world class defenders. Since then we have thrown away so many games because we make too many mistakes. I don't mind Barca ripping us to shreds with their movement and passing, but I want us to at least be able to look solid with a 1-0 lead for the final 15 minutes of a game or with a 3-0 lead at home.

Top Bottom