• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Physioroom said Costa, maybe they were wrong

Yeah they did. That exact quote is about Fabregas, not Costa, just a brain fart from them. Fear not, he will stay in England and eat horses.
AkpmCMU.png

"Sociedad then used the tactic of mentioning other names—Pepe Mel and Quique Sanchez Flores in particular—in the hope it would push Moyes into making a decision.

Mel has been waiting and waiting for an answer from Sociedad, but he realised on Monday night that Moyes was the chosen one."

ffs Balague lol, i forgot about #chosenone

I don't have time to get excited about a game I've played for hundreds of hours, a decade ago.

Halo 5 was more interesting to me. Until it introduced ADS, unlimited sprint and customisable weapons.

ADS thats seemingly optional, unlimited spring that Frankie suggested might have a penalty for using and customisable weapons *shrug* I don't have a problem with that as long as they do it in a way thats suitable for Halo

Arnie

ADS thats seemingly optional, unlimited spring that Frankie suggested might have a penalty for using and customisable weapons *shrug* I don't have a problem with that as long as they do it in a way thats suitable for Halo

Believe what you want to believe but 343i don't understand how to make a sequel to classic Halo.

Customisable weapons are not in any way "suitable" to classic Halo. Teams should start with identical equipment. ADS, however "optional" they and subsequently you spin it is still a pungent attempt at diluting Halo to attract the COD crowd, a criticism that ultimately consumed Halo 4. And lastly, whilst I think Frankie's a great guy and genuinely hilarious, he has consistently tried to suppress the attitude-shift within Halo since 343 adopted the franchise with similarly ambiguous posts.

I'm just not falling for it and I'll thoroughly enjoy watching a good number of you eat crow.

Purdy

How customisable are the weapons exactly, doesn't sound good?

The ADS on the rifle doesn't bother me, different animation, no movement penalty etc all still there.

Don't like sprint but can live with it.

Also Andy Tate is the greatest thing alive, provided much humour back in march or so and he's taken off again, perfect.

Pennywise

You should hear when he says "jesus christ". It sounds exactly like mr slave. Kyoufu please record yourself saying jesus christ.

You should just give me the mumble ip and password.
We should have our own footygaf channel anyway.

You could hear dean while Lloyd storms in and demands something.

You should just give me the mumble ip and password.
We should have our own footygaf channel anyway.

You could hear dean while Lloyd storms in and demands something.

Those fuckers has been in our mumble before, when we played TLOU online and PSN was too shit to communicate through. There's no password. Quote for mumble details in email tags, you are welcome, we're not playing now though.
frU10tR.png

Pennywise

Those fuckers has been in our mumble before, when we played TLOU online and PSN was too shit to communicate through. There's no password. Quote for mumble details in email tags, you are welcome, we're not playing now though.
frU10tR.png

Uus4Plt.png

Thanks.
I might join next time, when I'm lonely while playing FM.
For now, I'm just sad that I lost to City in the CL.
What a sad day....loosing against City in Europe.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Moyes is now Real Sociedad manager? The Chosen One is back, praise the sun.

Since it's all but guaranteed that Bielsa won't stay for longer than two years, I'd hate it if Arsenal gets him.

Then they would be competitive. :(

...but at the same time he'd probably kill the players from overworking them. Premier League divas

Lightning

Banned
Zero chance.

Rather have Martinez. If we are going to be midtable I would prefer we at least be entertaining.
At the end of this season you will realise we are best to stick with Wenger then get the wrong manager, and Martinez or most of the pl managers would be the wrong ones. The few right ones are unattainable.

Stick with Wenger for 3 years and try and get Klopp is our best bet for me. In order for that to happen we need to keep progressing and not lose our cl status.

wedward

At the end of this season you will realise we are best to stick with Wenger then get the wrong manager, and Martinez or most of the pl managers would be the wrong ones. The few right ones are unattainable.

Stick with Wenger for 3 years and try and get Klopp is our best bet for me. In order for that to happen we need to keep progressing and not lose our cl status.

We aren't progressing. We haven't for years.

valeo

Fact is, we've done well to stay top 4 while our finances were locked up elsewhere. I don't think Wenger's achievement in keeping us afloat should ever be understated and anyone that doesn't understand how hard it was/how much pressure he was under is a complete idiot.

However, now we're getting into the period where Wenger no longer has that excuse and can afford to buy top players like Ozil and Sanchez. He is struggling; but is still keeping us up there (just). It's definitely time for change. In saying that - we need to find the right person to take over; if we don't, we will just do a Moyes/Man U and regress rapidly.

Would you rather a season of mediocrity (see: 4th place) or a regression to 7th/8th with a new manager? Because that is what will happen. Wenger has had such a huge effect on Arsenal and has his hands in basically everything - it's not going to be easy to find someone to take that on.

FuturusX

Would you rather a season of mediocrity (see: 4th place) or a regression to 7th/8th with a new manager? Because that is what will happen. Wenger has had such a huge effect on Arsenal and has his hands in basically everything - it's not going to be easy to find someone to take that on.

No man lives for ever. Wenger should become Director of Football or a technical role - might be hard for him given his level of involvement. The plan should be in place now to transition away from Wenger - Just look at at UTD.

Pennywise

There are some interesting coaches that would fit a new beginning at Arsenal.

Bundesliga :
Lucien Favre (currently at Gladbach).
Thomas Tuchel (former Mainz coach, like a young Klopp)

National teams :
Marc Wilmots (Belgium)
Didier Deschamps (France)

other :
Unai Emery (Sevilla)
Slaven Bilic (Besiktas).

All of them got their own philosophy, allthough not everyone might fit into the premier league, as I don't know how good the english from Unai Emery is, for example.
With a good investment (2-3 proper defenders and 2-3 midfield players) should be necessary.
Everyone of them knows a specific country and their talents pretty well.
Obviously fans shouldn't expect a development after just a few weeks, it takes time to get a philosphy working, especially with a team that played so long together under the same manager.
And maybe they could still integrate Wenger as manager, which should be a great addition for a new coach.

wedward

Fact is, we've done well to stay top 4 while our finances were locked up elsewhere. I don't think Wenger's achievement in keeping us afloat should ever be understated and anyone that doesn't understand how hard it was/how much pressure he was under is a complete idiot.

However, now we're getting into the period where Wenger no longer has that excuse and can afford to buy top players like Ozil and Sanchez. He is struggling; but is still keeping us up there (just). It's definitely time for change. In saying that - we need to find the right person to take over; if we don't, we will just do a Moyes/Man U and regress rapidly.

I'm willing to take a risk. I think there are probably quite a few managers who could maintain 4th with this squad. I think there are a few who could improve upon that.

I've never discounted Wenger's achievements. Look through my post history and you will see I have always defended Wenger and think he was instrumental in getting us where we are now financially.

I don't think he can motivate these players and I don't think he has a plan for building a squad. Because of that I think the club needs a change. I started to believe that last season and the start to this season has confirmed it.

I'd rather we take a risk and get a new manager and finish 7th than continue finishing 4th with Wenger. I don't think we should be afraid. Let's show a little bravery. Let's take a chance. I'm tired of the status quo and mediocrity being accepted because we are too scared of what might happen.

We don't even play attractive football and haven't for years. That's the minimum I expect if we aren't going to challenge for trophies.

wedward

Sanchez, Özil and Chambers is progress. Won the FA cup recently and our income increases.

That's progression.

I'm talking about on the field. The quality of our game.

We have spent all this money and we still play like shit.

I don't feel like we can win the league under Wenger. He has shown nothing to convince me otherwise.

Top Bottom