• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Pennywise

My dad was always a big football fan but never really followed a team. Once I started following Arsenal he started also. He always calls me after the match to complain.

I've been to Germany. Went to Berlin and Munich. I'd like to go to Dortmund.

Dortmund still isn't the most beatiful city, allthough it changed quite a bit over the last 10 years.
As Dortmund was mostly an industrial town until mines where abandoned and the big field services where growing.
The appearance changed quite a bit lately, still it's not really comparable to other cities.

It's still worth a trip, especially the christmas market is quite nice and beatiful cities like Cologne or Düsseldorf are nearby.

Pennywise

You still chose the wrong club Penny. Your heart should be blue.
So just because some relative you don't even see or hear that often supports Schalke, I should do the same ? Pls.
I won't support cunts like that :)

Düsseldorf > Köln.

All the way, innit?

Depends.
Düsseldorf is pretty ace, got alot of kickass shops and alot of diversity.
The japanese shops with all the fresh food are so damn good.

Cologne isn't bad either, but people there are way to happy.

Blablurn

So just because some relative you don't even see or hear that often supports Schalke, I should do the same ? Pls.
I won't support cunts like that :)

Depends.
Düsseldorf is pretty ace, got alot of kickass shops and alot of diversity.
The japanese shops with all the fresh food are so damn good.

Cologne isn't bad either, but people there are way to happy.

yup. i love dem japanese shops. dat immermannstraße. you know naniwa? that sushi/ramen place?

Pennywise

yup. i love dem japanese shops. dat immermannstraße. you know naniwa? that sushi/ramen place?

Yeah, sadly I have never eaten there...
I should do that sometime.
Last time it was so packed and I barely had time (gf was on a shopping spree -.- ).
She is always looking for good art shops, because she is drawing quite a bit and shops in our town are limited.
At least I got my pack of mochis.

Only seen the Lanxess Arena in Cologne. Love Düsseldorf. Oberhausen is great too, dat centro.

Centro is great, that's really something alot of former industrial places need.

Blablurn

from schweinsteigers first game lol

10532706_674515079335700_1129442377010342898_o.jpg

and lahm

10636076_674515086002366_5634136686106207395_n.jpg

Hopefully Federer vs Djokovic is the final. Along with a fully fit Nadal, injured at the moment, clearly the best players in the world by some distance. Both those players are destroying their opponents in this competition.

I can't see Djokovic losing to Nishikori or Federer losing to Warwinka so I would say that's a good bet. Fedex all the way though.

Pennywise

Dat quality on the German U21 on the GK position.

Ter Stegen (Barca) and two Bundesliga keepers as subs.

And fucking hell the names from the dutch U21 keepers.

"van der Hart"

"de Fockert"

No need for a moonface :>

Linius

Dat quality on the German U21 on the GK position.

Ter Stegen (Barca) and two Bundesliga keepers as subs.

And fucking hell the names from the dutch U21 keepers.

"van der Hart"

"de Fockert"

No need for a moonface :>

No bad words about Van der Hart, pls

We only used players young enough to participate with the under 17 euro cup today btw :p

Pennywise

No bad words about Van der Hart, pls

We only used players young enough to participate with the under 17 euro cup today btw :p

I just like the name, you know that it sounds funny when you'll hear it as German.

By the way for anyone interested in Reus.
Madrid cautiously asked his managment, if he could see himself playing at Madrid.
Nothing more so far.

3Sixty

When Fabio turns 18, he’ll join Man Utd, along with twin brother Rafael. Fabio is a left-back who can also play left wing (he’s the one in the red shirt, btw). Rafael is, you’ve guessed it, a right-back who can also play on the right wing. Fabio is supposedly the better player of the twins, and could turn out to be the natural heir to Roberto Carlos, but I can’t wait to see how they both get on at Old Trafford. Watch them in action

Clegg

In fairness to Ando he had a good debut season for United. He never developed into a good player. Lost his athleticism and regressed. Sure that may not be his fault but there were other areas where he could've improved but didn't. He is an absolutely atrocious passer for example. Hasn't progressed one iota in the regard in the last 6 years.

kharma45

In fairness to Ando he had a good debut season for United. He never developed into a good player. Lost his athleticism and regressed. Sure that may not be his fault but there were other areas where he could've improved but didn't. He is an absolutely atrocious passer for example. Hasn't progressed one iota in the regard in the last 6 years.

Being converted into a CM probably didn't help.

Top Bottom