• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

miserable

Pity.

20 teenage footballers who will rule the world. Guess who's at #1,
KuGsj.gif

man, what happened to Bojan?

Clegg

Being converted into a CM probably didn't help.
I honestly don't buy that. To me he just didn't have the desire to improve and adapt. Injuries didn't help ofc but there's minimum levels of performance expected and he never met them after his debut season.

kharma45

Fergies desperation to make a centre mid was depressing.

Anderson
Smith
Rooney.

Just buy Liam Miller again PLS

Yeah it was bizarre. I don't know what he was playing at trying to convert rather than buy.

I honestly don't buy that. To me he just didn't have the desire to improve and adapt. Injuries didn't help ofc but there's minimum levels of performance expected and he never met them after his debut season.

To quote a Porto fan

Anderson was fantastic at Porto. He was quick, he moved well and his dribbling ability and creativity made him a fantastic attacking player. Sadly, Sir Alex Ferguson thought he would work well in another position other than the position he was meant to play (number 10). He gave him a ton of defensive responsibility and that sent his career down the drain. Imagine if someone did that to Deco, Silva, Coutinho, Pjanic, among others, I doubt they would turn up as good as they were/are. Anderson was a played with similar attributes to those I mentioned (he could be as good as some of them as well), he isn't Fabregas, Isco, Oscar, etc, or are great workers as well as creative players.

Can't say I disagree.

Clegg

Yeah it was bizarre. I don't know what he was playing at trying to convert rather than buy.

To quote a Porto fan

Can't say I disagree.
I just can't agree that added defensive responsibility could've tanked his career to that extent. Maybe it would've hindered him slightly but it was also down to him to make it work and I think it could've. Injuries and an apparent lack of application stopped it.

wedward

I just can't agree that added defensive responsibility could've tanked his career to that extent. Maybe it would've hindered him slightly but it was also down to him to make it work and I think it could've. Injuries and an apparent lack of application stopped it.

One look at him and you know immediately what stopped him.

It wasn't just that though as you said. He was also injured for large parts of his early years. Combine the two and we get the current Anderfat.

I've watched that Moyes vine about 100 times now.

I don't even know what he's saying. Nether does he. That chuckle at the end.

Imagine if he starts doing well there.

3Sixty

We've got a deal in place to sign Alderweireld for £8m and United are going to spunk 33m on a player who can't get in the French team behind football luminaries such as Sakho, Koschienley and that bloke Barca bought.

Sensational.

wedward

Just saw the rumors on twitter that Hummels is going to chose Arsenal over Man U.

Must not buy into the philosophy.

They wanted him in the summer but didn't want to pay the release clause or something. Good old Zubi.

I really can't wait to see Vermaelen shank a clearance.

GorillaJu

To quote a Porto fan

Can't say I disagree.

He's got two of the players wrong: Coutinho is a hard worker with a lot of defensive responsibilities, and Fabregas is the opposite—someone who relies on their technique much more than graft.

Fuck, I hate working. I really want to just be at home playing PES.

Started Master League with Juve and it seems every player is in decline except Pogba. Gonna need to overhaul that squad.

Top Bottom