• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Pennywise

Maybe just something better than the Xbone lineup.

But Sony has been winning over MS anyway, purely by not being complete arrogant assholes. So I guess they haven't had much reason to push hard for quality games yet.

Works for me.

It's usually just the drought within the first year, there aren't many consoles that had a killer app on launch or within the first year.
That takes some time, and the next year looks promising for some great games so far.
The Sony event and the VGX Awards may have something good for 2015 as well, so I doubt it's gonna take that long anymore until the first really stunning games arrive.

I expect quality original content, sure.

I'm not adverse to a port or two but it shouldn't be your tentpole title of the year on a new console.

The Order: 1886 looks well guff too.

It was just one hell of a critical acclaimed title that really improved with the remaster.
I get your criticsm, but as I said above, it takes some time until the games arrive.
Gamescom already had some promising stuff with Wild and Tomorrow Children.

dc89

I got my cup right here

Nothing's doing

KwpU05q.gif

Hixx

If Nintendo dropped the Wii U to a competitive price (£150) then it'd be the console to own.

But they still want £250+ for it...

Linius

Too lazy for that shit. But the gif there works fine.

If Nintendo dropped the Wii U to a competitive price (£150) then it'd be the console to own.

A big toys retailer in The Netherlands is selling them for 200 euros this week. The peasant edition with 8GB though.

Salvadora

Yeah it's a bit crazy, isn't it.

I'd love one but I know that there will be about 10 games I want over it's lifespan so can't justify spending an arm and a leg
PC breh. Pillars of Eternity and The Witcher 3, Bloodborne on PS4. All you need. All anyone needs.
I do really want a PC :/

Might wait until a year or two when they outclass the next gen consoles considerably though.

L1NETT

That new AC trailer christ.....mega spoiler like so be careful (as if people give a fuck about AC story though)

what a waste that franchise is becoming though. Enjoyed AC4 despite itself. A rip roaring adventure but for a series which is made or broken on it's setting they haven't had a really absorbing one since probably the first.

And they go and do the bleeding French Revolution. Holy mackrel.

Oh well. At least Far Cry 4 is out soon. Gimme dat glorious Elephant based buffoonery. Looks like it's FC3 turned up to 11, which should be smashing

That new AC trailer christ.....mega spoiler like so be careful (as if people give a fuck about AC story though)

what a waste that franchise is becoming though. Enjoyed AC4 despite itself. A rip roaring adventure but for a series which is made or broken on it's setting they haven't had a really absorbing one since probably the first.

Oh well. At least Far Cry 4 is out soon. Gimme dat glorious Elephant based buffoonery. Looks like it's FC3 turned up to 11, which should be smashing

I like how the time periods changes is just darker textures.

Randdalf

I'm actually the opposite, French Revolution is actually more exciting to me (the history is fascinating) than that Pirate stuff. As fun as sailing ships may be, it's not what I play that series for. Unity will probably be the first one I play since Revelations (which was just dull).

jts

...hate me...
Massive early adoption of the PS4 and PS+ betrayed the buyers' best interest.

Sony could lax.

PSN doesn't work half the time.
PS+ offers are crap. DC went from launch game free on PS+ to just delayed game, fuck PS+, and it's not even a fantastic one.

Sony didn't get EA Access.

Destiny is crap.

I don't feel completely salty because I didn't buy mine at launch price. It was 400 euro with FIFA. And I certainly squeezed the worth out of FIFA
CNB1W6d.png

Very good Netflix player too. Where's my fucking remote tho, Sony.

jtb

Banned
what's wrong with the French revolution? AC is pretty boring but 2 had best setting, by far. the one game in the series where the atmosphere of the environments + the music + a half-decent story made up for how dull and repetitive the gameplay was.

Hixx

I thought PS+ on PS4 was actually pretty good?

That might be because on Xbox One I have to deal with MS only throwing me one bone a month, though

:(

An awful lot of PS4 PS+ games are just ports of old indie games. Some of them are new but it's honestly no better than Games with Gold if you're only on PS4.

kharma45

Yeah it's a bit crazy, isn't it.

I'd love one but I know that there will be about 10 games I want over it's lifespan so can't justify spending an arm and a leg

I do really want a PC :/

Might wait until a year or two when they outclass the next gen consoles considerably though.

PC's already do.

They're absurd because they're flat out wrong. It'll be the same when CoD launches and whatever else is coming, they're massively overinflated.

Most of that is just e-peen marketing, and requirements are usually just a rough guide anyway. Especially if the game is from Ubisoft.

Top Bottom