• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

MajorGrayAidi.gif

That is an obscene pass.

FootballFan

Fabio Capello: "I tried to sign Messi on loan for Juventus"

Out of context this is pretty amusing. Was Marrotta around at that time? I'm guessing not.

Capello loves messi. Dat friendly vs juve back when Messi was a young fella showed him all he needed to see.

Then messi scored a hat trick vs his Madrid.

Zabojnik

So we had Henry, but fucked up, and could've had C. Ronaldo (Salas refused to move to Portugal and the deal fell through) and Messi.

Sell the club.

Zabojnik

Did you ever even try playing Henry as a striker?

I don't even remember. I don't think so. Fucking Ancelotti. Apparently he didn't want us to sell him though, so it was mostly on Moggi / Triade. What a colossal fuck up that was. Every club has their own though. We signed Davids from Milan for peanuts. Cannavaro from Inter too.

At least Juve got Vidal lol.

Had. He's done.

Not that you'll read this, since I'm on your ignore list. We had a good run, Bla, a good run.

3-0 after 12 minutes. We're going to win the league cup. Solbakken finally tried something else than a 442. A diamond, with Christian Poulsen in it, what a time to be alive.

L1NETT

I'm actually the opposite, French Revolution is actually more exciting to me (the history is fascinating) than that Pirate stuff. As fun as sailing ships may be, it's not what I play that series for. Unity will probably be the first one I play since Revelations (which was just dull).

I mean that's fair enough, but for me the French Revolution is the coldplay of possible historical settings

Overplayed, over analysed and nowhere near as interesting as folk make out. It's really bland history.

FootballFan

I mean that's fair enough, but for me the French Revolution is the coldplay of possible historical settings

Overplayed, over analysed and nowhere near as interesting as folk make out. It's really bland history.

History is always interesting imo m8.

In b4 "ff you were there "

Zabojnik

Agreed. I had little to no interest in playing another AC before they announced Unity, interest went below zero when I found out it would be set in the midst of the French revolution. Fuck the French.

L1NETT

History is always interesting imo m8.

In b4 "ff you were there "

Yeah, that's why I'm studying it haha. But some parts of history are far more interesting, or under appreciated and worth discussion.

Not denying it's importance, obviously it's a crucial event in terms of the modernity of the western world but it's so over saturated as a topic.

---

in better news Parkinson has confirmed Ebanks Blake is training with us

gettin

dc89

No decent football tonight, imo. So I'm watching Good Food :lol
There's this lady, Madhur Jaffrey (I think she's credited with introducing a lot of Indian cuisine to the UK) and she's here eating a curry and sipping a pint in a Weatherspoons on Curry night.

Amazing. Now I want curry.

Carbonox

Surgery was a success. They pushed the nose back in to place without needing to do any cutting or re-breaking and they hoovered up my polyps too. The feels of breathing properly again once I'm fully healed will be glorious.

Then I received the news I was expecting but still dreading - my grandfather died earlier today.

Mixed emotions this day has been.

Surgery was a success. They pushed the nose back in to place without needing to do any cutting or re-breaking and they hoovered up my polyps too. The feels of breathing properly again once I'm fully healed will be glorious.

Then I received the news I was expecting but still dreading - my grandfather died earlier today.

Condolences :(

dc89

:(

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm sorry Carbo :(

Linius

That sucks man. My condolences.

Sorry to hear that. Condolences.

Wilbur

Banned

Sorry to hear that man. Hope he was a grand old age.

Top Bottom