• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Shagwell

I wonder if Rodgers really can't see how poor Gerrard's been, or if he still doesn't feel that his position at the club is concrete enough to deal with the fallout when Gerrard becomes a squad player.

Either is very worrying.

Ste is his landlord. I would play my landlord too. He could cut the water and the electric!

LTWheels

Lololol

While he was at it, Bruce Grobbelaar also had a pop at current Liverpool number one Simon Mignolet.

"I've likened Mignolet to worse than Dracula because at least Dracula comes out of his coffin now and then," he says. "He seems to stay on his line and that's it. That whole area, not just the six-yard area, is the goalkeeper's."

Lololol

While he was at it, Bruce Grobbelaar also had a pop at current Liverpool number one Simon Mignolet.

"I've likened Mignolet to worse than Dracula because at least Dracula comes out of his coffin now and then," he says. "He seems to stay on his line and that's it. That whole area, not just the six-yard area, is the goalkeeper's."

DCWheels

3Sixty

Ugh, our line up.

Where's Morneo, Can, Coutinho.

I've been told there is a blog post by a Reading fan about when Rodgers got sacked from Reading. The way they were playing and how they would be beaten, sounds identical to what is happening with this Liverpool team. Worse part is that instead of making changes, apparently he got more stubborn and kept sticking with the same players and tactics...

That what happens when you have the worlds biggest ego/

Lightning

Banned
Lololol

Coming off your line can backfire though. Both Lloris and Szczesny have a bad habit of coming off their line and ending up with air and looking stupid. Szcz even manages to get himself the odd red card doing it. Not to mention the risk of the penalty.

Esch

Banned
Yep. Alpha Centauri is my favorite PC game ever so the concept of Civ in space is right up my alley but I've held out thus far. Only 30% off currently.. I always get boned on Civ games with the Steam sales and wonder why I bought any individual DLC on top of the games and/or expansions at anything close to retail.

It's got some good ideas but not enough of them yet, and overall needs some serious work with respect to pacing a game. It's got an interesting foundation. I realize that I'm super harsh on it because I can't help but compare it to BNW (a game with 3-4 years of systems work going into it / 2 expansions) but I can't fully recommend a purchase yet.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why did Rodgers pay £18m for Moreno only to play Glen Johnson in his position?

Salazar

When you are a player like Ross Barkley and you are getting so many knocks and kicks during the game, the only thing he did was anticipate a tackle that didn’t arrive.

cLtNe5c.gif

Our striking options are pretty damning of our youth team's strikers as well tbh. None of them have even been mentioned as training with the first team occasionally which is what we normally do when we have a view to bring a young player into the fold at some point.

Keylor, Arbeloa, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao, Kroos, Isco, James, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Resting Pepe, Marcelo and Carvajal.. Good rotation that, the LB/RB's needed a break. I would of wanted to see Illara to rest kroos or Iso but ohh well, next game I suppose.

HALA MADRID! Dont care who scores or how we win, I just want everyone to stay fit.

Dark Rider

Liverpool in luck Cristiano want to score as many goals as possible
he might do it or just be so intense that he ends up with nothing

either way I say carlo field our toddlers we don't need this game >:|

Pennywise

Weidenfeller - Piszczek , Subotic , Ginter , Schmelzer - S. Bender , Gündogan -
H. Mkhitaryan , Aubameyang , Großkreutz - Immobile

Hahaha Bayern wants 6m for Kirchhoff.
What a time to be Horst Heldt and Schalke.

Top Bottom