• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Bit harsh :lol

He's got lots of goals, lots of trophies, is his country's top goalscorer and best player ever, named footballer of the year in a few places

Are you comparing him to Aguero in terms of outstanding things done?
I mean I dont think he's had a season like some of these other players have had where hes risen to the occasion whenever his team have needed him. He's an amazing player but he's never, IMO, been amongst the very best at any stage.

Yet you seem to be an expert on Cavani.
EuvEO5Z.png
If saying spending £50m on him is a risk Liverpool can't afford, yeah I'm an expert.

Lightning

Banned
England don't play again until he would be fit

Perfect timing.
His season is over. This is wilshere so there will be a setback in there, then the getting back to fitness, then the confidence building. This season he's done, next season will be him getting form back before his next injury.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I mean I dont think he's had a season like some of these other players have had where hes risen to the occasion whenever his team have needed him. He's an amazing player but he's never, IMO, been amongst the very best at any stage.
Only in France maybe

Where Joe Cole reings supreme

Edit: oh he's back at West Ham :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilshere needs another type of dope to fix himself

Uhm another type of fixing himself

Fuck what a mess of a sentence, nvm.

Zabojnik

B3Yv0EyCQAAFSbF.jpg

Not sure how I feel about Vidal in that position. Pereyra is perfect for it. I'd rather have Pogba play there, with Vidal in the midfield three.

Evra is Padoin's sub now. What a time to be Pado.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Club announcement

Posted on 26 November 2014 - 18:00
We are delighted to announce that Paul Mitchell has joined the Club as Head of Recruitment and Analysis.

Let's hope this makes a difference.

Zabojnik

Yurtbo, does Evra even play

He's been out for a month with an injury, just got back. I guess Allegri doesn't think he's ready yet. He's been playing pretty regularly before that. And that was in our 3-5-2, so I can only assume that he'll be in our starting XI now that we switched to 4-3-1-2 (or 4-3-2-1, whatever you wanna call it).

Suarez was the best player in the Premier League last year. Same with Gareth Bale the year before. Because they're not just pure strikers. You can build an attack through him and him alone. Aguero is often lost without the plethora of creative players around him.

Don't really agree with this. He lacks the creativity of players like Silva and often runs the balls into positions where nothing comes from them but he has the ability to get goals out of nothing by himself and must be a nightmare to mark especially when he can take on two to three defenders at once and is comfortable playing with them on his heels. What he does lack is consistency (partly due to frequent injury) and play from deep but is the latter more about how the managers like to utilise him as he is basically sitting on the opponents defensive line most games. This season has pretty much shown that Aguero can do it without the creative players as Toure is away with the faeries most games and Silva has been out with injury for what seems like ages.

FootballFan

Don't really agree with this. He lacks the creativity of players like Silva and often runs the balls into positions where nothing comes from them but he has the ability to get goals out of nothing by himself and must be a nightmare to mark especially when he can take on two to three defenders at once and is comfortable playing with them on his heels. What he does lack is consistency (partly due to frequent injury) and play from deep but is the latter more about how the managers like to utilise him as he is basically sitting on the opponents defensive line most games. This season has pretty much shown that Aguero can do it without the creative players as Toure is away with the faeries most games and Silva has been out with injury for what seems like ages.

Welcome

Who do you support

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurtbo, does Evra even play
I'm not even sure if he's still alive

Smells like a cover up job

But it's for the best, of the four goals we've conceded so far, Evra was at fault in at least five of them
B3Yv0EyCQAAFSbF.jpg

Not sure how I feel about Vidal in that position. Pereyra is perfect for it. I'd rather have Pogba play there, with Vidal in the midfield three.

Evra is Padoin's sub now. What a time to be Pado.
Vidal is an absolute Abysswalker there, he'll be the first to annoy the fuck outta their defenders and steal balls left and right, but luckily it won't matter that much since we'll be controlling the ball most of the time

Suarez elevated the performances of those around him far more than Aguero does imo. Somehow Suarez manages to merge being a selfish fucker with knitting together an attacking unit to become greater than the sum of it's parts.

I miss that crazy cunt.

Aguero comes without the baggage though, and is a more reliable finisher. Suarez made matches worth watching just to see what he'd come up with. What a player :(

Zabojnik

Vidal is an absolute Abysswalker there, he'll be the first to annoy the fuck outta their defenders and steal balls left and right, but luckily it won't matter that much since we'll be controlling the ball most of the time

I guess I'm just not sure about Vidal these days, period. It does look like he's well on his way to top form though, so whatever. YES ABYSSWALKER!

YES BLA!

YES LGG2!

The Hitcher is breaking down guys

TAKE AWAY HIS PHONE! HES GONNA DRUNK-DIAL SUAREZ

Imagine if you'd replaced Zidane with Aquilani. You'd have missed him even more. That's essentially what we've done.

@Scum, nah, he took it pretty well. Guess he's gotten used to it, any mug could see it coming :p

Shagwell

Pretty disappointing Liverpool lineup, imo.

Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Lambert.

Top Bottom