• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Hixx

@OptaJoe 6m6 minutes ago
34 - @aguerosergiokun has fired in the same number of shots on target as Aston Villa, but scored six more goals. Machine.

p0QHO.gif

bud

is there an unwritten rule which states that all tweets relating to statistics must end in a one-word sentence containing a noun?

Marc

Hitch, every game has to have an online component thrown in now. It's like a law or something.

Ugh

"Console Master Race." Marc, pls.

Look at this foo', Wooden. 😒

You're right, guess I'll miss out on Red dead, the last of us and all the other GOAT games... oh wait.

Enjoy your minesweeper!

Pokemon Black/White are still full price here.

As are the Mario games on wiiu.

If I want a Nintendo game I get them as close to day one as possible to feel like I'm not overspending

This has made me stop buying games when they've been a year or so out, like Kid Icarus

It's totally worth it, especially since it also includes the best version of Bayonetta 1.

Mario Kart 7 on the DS is still 30 quid on Amazon. Bayo2 is worth it though.

I want to get it but don't have time for it right now, it would have been nice if it was cheaper when I want to get it a month from now

Meier

I don't believe anyone could watch that Terminator trailer and think it looks good. It's fucking awful.

I actually saw a few folks on Twitter that I don't think are total idiots saying it looked good. Haven't seen it yet. Skipped the last one and probably will skip this one.

Sounds like Liverpool are probably going to get Martin Odegaard. He's undoubtedly very talented but it'll be interesting to see how many years it'll take for him to play in the top flight in England. Would a team just loan him back to Godset for a few years?

Who's this cunt on BT?

'Liverpool are expanding the stadium, that'll be 10,000 more prawn sandwiches. Its all about getting more corporate seats, there'll be no more Kop, its all money now'

The fact of the matter is that the size of our stadium is very low compared to the number of fans who want to go to our games. Not expanding/moving would be idiotic.

bud

the worst thing about that terminator trailer is that it looks so boring--it looks like any other hollywood action film released in the past few years. same thing applies to the jurassic world trailer.

it's like all of these big budget films are made by the same people.

Esch

Banned
the worst thing about that terminator trailer is that it looks so boring--it looks like any other hollywood action film released in the past few years. same thing applies to the jurassic world trailer.

it's like all of these big budget films are made by the same people.

Arent they screenwritten by a very small pool of people or something as well?

Can't wait for Christmas this year

Brother/his fiancee/nephews coming down for a few days, huge dinner, 4 days off work which is more than usual at Sainsburys.

Watch a few comedies, play a couple of boardgames, watch Mrs Brown's Boys Da Movie on Bluray on the home theatre setup downstairs, play some Dota.

Boss.

edit: my avatar is freaking me out, he looks like me when seen in the corner of my eye

L1NETT

it could be, i dunno, but i'm talking more about the aesthetics.

same/similar cgi companies?

Not all blockbusters are terrible (most merge together into a sort of exploding gloop in my mind) Dawn of the oldey Apes was pretty damn good. X men was cheesy campy good fun. Edge of Tomorrow was decent.

That Mad Max trailer was pretty hot too. Do agree the majority appear to be treading familiar paths and look frustrating copy and paste.

why us hipster faces seek out pastures new.

Esch

Banned
i went ahead and did the snowpiercer netflix thing recently. was surprisingly gud. the ending was a little dumb though

Khrno

Imagine being the person who made his.

Must be absolutely miserable.

At least Suarez is being paid lots of money just to say on interviews that Messi is the best player in the world and that Neymar is the future best player of the world, and also to take Rakitic's place.

Marc

There was an online component in Redemption, and it was fucking horrendous.

still wasted hours on it for the Platinum trophy :(

Well yeah, I meant the 'always' online part that seems to have infected every game. Wannabe MMO's with microtransactions, GTAV did it, its just that their online was so broken nobody bothered when they finally fixed it. We don't know the details obviously on RDR but wouldn't be shocked if they made it a requirement.

That's the thing too, all these online parts are broken as shit, require a ton of dev time and all for some whale out there prepared to buy everything they sell. Gaming man, continues like this it will die out. How many Unity's/Battlefields/Crews/Driveclubs etc. does it take before people finally give up. I was really looking forward to the space sim Elite game (yeah PC master race, I know) but then at the last minute say it has to be played online. Same bullshit they did with Sim City, winds me up, all chasing this imaginary WoW money.

Same with football, milking people for all their worth will make them say 'fuck this' one day. FA did it with England IMO, for me anyway and it seems many others have picked up on this now.

Just watched the Terminator trailer from you guys talking about it, dear god it is so bad. But Emilia Clarke man... that's just not fair to use her like that.

All these remakes and relaunches, hollywood needs WJD to save us.

On a brighter note, TV is staying fucking awesome. There has been an order place for a pilot of a Preacher TV show, the world is not ready for such a thing but I want it!

Top Bottom