• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

WOOHO

1-1 at half time

could have been 5-1

For first time I can say I don't understand what the fuck Van Gaal is trying to do

Southampton are a team that press really fucking well. Need people composed on the ball out there. Herrera should have started.

Do you guys still think Rojo is any good :lol

I mean in a pathetic team display like that it's like he's going out of his way to look like a retard.

Van Gaal needs to call it a day on this 352. The players aren't right for it and tbh I think in some moments they don't really know where they're even meant to be standing. Jonny Evans in particular, seriously, I don't think he knows what he's supposed to be doing.

K1LLER7

All Southampton.

Gaal needs to be more positive. This 5 at the back isn't working at all. We haven't created a chance since the 1st goal which they created for us.

With the way this is going, I'd be happy with a draw.

Salazar

Forster is our best chance.

Fellaini is burning all that goodwill. Young is hunching over the ball and determinedly passing it backwards. Rojo's head has gone.

Wilbur

Banned

I mean in a pathetic team display like that it's like he's going out of his way to look like a retard.

Van Gaal needs to call it a day on this 352. The players aren't right for it and tbh I think in some moments they don't really know where they're even meant to be standing. Jonny Evans in particular, seriously, I don't think he knows what he's supposed to be doing.

I thought you were the one that liked him

I'm confused

I think he's David Luiz lite

Evans is utterly confused by 3 at the back. Has looked it in every match he's played in.

Jarnet87

It's disgusting that we have to resort to hoof ball to get out of our half. it's been years since we had the players to play a quality counter attacking game. We are woeful in transition.

It's disgusting that we have to resort to hoof ball to get out of our half. it's been years since we had the players to play a quality counter attacking game. We are woeful in transition.

There were a couple of opportunities for the team to counter, but Mata and Rooney were too slow to do anything.

K1LLER7

Who would you guys bring on? We're having trouble keeping possession and creating from an attacking standpoint.
Move to a diamond.

Keep this till 65 and see how things are going, then Sub Mata for Falcao. Put Herrera deeper, Rooney deeper and RVP-Falcao up front.

United probably don't look that bad when they use this system in training because their forwards have no idea what they're supposed to be doing either.

Bold One

its a fucking shambles, the team selection and formation.

3-5-2 is the reason we are on the mess we currently in and fighting for top 4 despite having a pretty easy run at the start.

Jarnet87

Carrick was the only mid playing well and he's pushed him deeper.

Help me understand Gaal :*(

Not shocking. I wouldn't call Carrick "box to box" but he certainly had an ability to get forward and score goals or help set up a goal early in his career. Fergie pushed him back deeper and deeper every year, Moyes basically played him between the two centerbacks, and now Gaal has him playing mainly as a CB lol.

It took Ancelotti about half a season to abandon the diamond. Lets hope van Gaal finally gives up the 3-5-2 around Christmas.

Wilbur

Banned
Pls.

I've been saying he's shit since the moment the rumours started.

He's a calamity, that bit when he kicked the ball out for the sub hahahahah. Just what.

Yeah, no idea. Considering he played very well at the World Cup, i dunno.

Shaw and Rafael can't come back quick enough, never mind Di Maria.

Jarnet87

We have a massive disconnect between the midfield and the back line. Valencia, Young, and Rojo continue to just hoof it past the midfield in hope of finding our forward or Fellaini. Meanwhile we have a midfield who could actually keep possession and move it around between Carrick, Herrera, and Mata provided they actually got the ball. Our 2 forwards are just stuck on an island and cant contribute. Fellaini is counter productive to good football.

Well, it can't be any worse surely.

But whatever happens that is just so disheartening. For a second I believed maybe we were moving away from being a shit team.

God we're so shit.

Wilbur

Banned
To distract from our shit performance...

this cannot be fucking real

548302e5e332e.jpg-large

But whatever happens that is just so disheartening. For a second I believed maybe we were moving away from being a shit team.

God we're so shit.

It's so obviously the formation though. We're just passing ourselves into cul de sacs or simply passing it to them the moment they press.

Jarnet87

God we're so shit.

There wasn't enough of a clear out in the summer. We still have far too many players who can't play football.

Top Bottom