• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacuna and Benteke.
T0DmWMf.png
T0DmWMf.png
T0DmWMf.png

lol Benteke. U mad bro.

Seriously though Villa should've scored at the death there.

Thank god United' shitty run has ended. Seriously thought they were our 2nd challengers after City.

They fucked up. The red was given. At that point 3 minutes is bullshit.

The 4th official probably told him that he'd made a balls-up sending Agbonlahor off, so he tried to negate it as much as he could

I haven't seen the red, he could have double footed the ref in the cranium and I'd call it harsh given the opposition :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
very poor, especially the last 15 minutes where we passed it back to Guzan several times.

Cant say this is an off result though, second half was better but we played as we have been playing, with minimal creativity, just didnt have the clinicality we had the last few games today.

K1LLER7

Good point Villa Gaf.

We were shite. Didn't deserve 3 points. Way too many sideways passes, Rooney and Mata did nothing at all. Carrick the only player with the balls to try and play it forward from the middle. Need more from the middle of the pitch. Herrera/Fellaini big misses.

Good to see Falcao get a goal.

Taking off RVP was a mistake imo. We really missed Herrera and Fellaini in the center as Rooney had to drop bad real deep. A winning streak ends so another can begin.

Meier

Villa looked really dangerous those final 25 minutes or so after the red. I was impressed with their urgency -- didn't look a man down. Well done.

DominoKid

That really isn't why. You can't just keep blaming the system. The players have to step up and perform against Aston Villa.

lvg picked a trash starting lineup that didn't look interested in playing today and then his subs took us ruined the little flow we had developed. this is on him.

the only positive is that falcao scored

We should be winning games like these. Felt like our mentality and urgency dropped when they went to 10 men. Switched off.

I think ADM was neutered by being pushed wide left.

Would've kept Young left and ADM right.

Jarnet87

Taking off RVP was a mistake imo. We really missed Herrera and Fellaini in the center as Rooney had to drop bad real deep. A winning streak ends so another can begin.

When Rooney plays deep I think he forgets he can still do things like pass the ball forward, shoot, etc. his touch was barbaric today. The only thing he does in these deep positions is kick it out to Valencia which the commentators just love to talk about. Rooney with a sideways ball to Valencia how amazing!

Clegg

Van Gaal plays 3-5-2 because he doesn't trust our cb's to pass the ball. Problem is that we then lack a midfielder to dictate the game through the middle. We're at least three quality players away from where we need to be.

doicare

United the better side but didn't play particularly well, too many injuries again causing too many players to have to play out of position is totally screwing things up. Sadly it will be the same thing over Christmas as well from the looks of things.

Maybe its just the fact that you lot are so used to winning over the years, but I never expect to twat anyone aside in an away game, unless its like Derby in 07/08 (which we barely won) or a cup tie against League 1 or lower opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom