• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Maybe its just the fact that you lot are so used to winning over the years, but I never expect to twat anyone aside in an away game, unless its like Derby in 07/08 (which we barely won) or a cup tie against League 1 or lower opposition.

We almost always beat Villa though. Even Moyes managed it. It was tradition.

Got 13 days off work.

About to start the last episode of TWAU.

Gonna watch Die Hard later.

Liverpool - Arsenal tomorrow.

What a time to be alive.

BwNL0oP.png

Hixx

Ooooooh just remembered we are at home on Boxing Day. I'd take a draw tomorrow right now. Fuck derbys. You can't even enjoy it after three in a row because you know, law of averages and all that.

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe its just the fact that you lot are so used to winning over the years, but I never expect to twat anyone aside in an away game, unless its like Derby in 07/08 (which we barely won) or a cup tie against League 1 or lower opposition.

Doesn't matter if it's home or away. We should be doing Aston Villa whatever the occasion.

L1NETT is mean

arkon never laughs at Bradford

Wait, FW you jammy cunt. How did you get 13 days off over Christmas? We're not allowed holiday in December except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Wonder if kharma and Sal will pretend that their pre-match arrogance was facetious.
Lets see...

its Villa, he has to make an impression, you couldn't ask for a better cannon fodder,

sorry to Villa fans

cannon fodder implies they actually leave their trench.

Villa are anaemic. No excuses if we don't get three points, whether we dominate or not.

Dear Wes

I am sorry for gaping your team tomorrow.

Signed

LabouredCharlesSubterfuge

Fletcher

I am scared

someone hold me

It's Aston Villa, get a grip.

Perhaps it's better that he starts, and can be hooked if he's utterly dire. It's nightmarish when he comes on and doesn't know where he is.

Also, this

It's Aston Villa, get a grip.

phRbX43.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Needed a win today as we've two tricky fixture coming up.

At least one of them is Spurs though.

Pls, you haven't beaten us for 2 years.

Vital win today, we had a very poor second half but we still did enough to wrap up the game. Kane missed two absolute sitters. Slightly alarming how our midfield fell apart without Mason though.

inky

Evans was shit, Fletcher can't start a game anymore, or come as a sub. I'm really sorry for him and what he went through, but he's truly done. Mata and Rooney did nothing out there, they just disappear sometimes looking for the easy pass to the WBs instead of a killer ball or something. RVP doesn't feel like he's used to having someone like Falcao with him. A couple of times he ran into when looking for the first post, instead of moving to the back post. I don't think he was poor or anything, but hard to judge when a team creates so few chances. He is still as selfish as ever though. Never looks for the easy pass and move.

I'm glad Falcon scored tho. He needs the confidence and he needs to start more. He works hard all game and moves like a god.

I really don't get it

Scraped it against Stoke
Easily the second-best team against Arsenal and Southampton
Could easily have lost against us if we could finish a Calippo

How many of those performances in the 6-game winning run have you looked so good that you can take a win at Villa Park for granted?

Wilbur

Banned
L1NETT is mean

arkon never laughs at Bradford

Wait, FW you jammy cunt. How did you get 13 days off over Christmas? We're not allowed holiday in December except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

because they don't actually need him lol

He works Wednesday to Saturday, 12 to 4. He even gets little water breaks.

He is everything that is wrong with Cameron's Britain

arkon

I really don't get it

Scraped it against Stoke

How many of those performances in the 6-game winning run have you looked so good that you can take a win at Villa Park for granted?

Don't they normally win at Villa? Their record against Villa is bonkers. Even Moyes did it, I think?

Pls, you haven't beaten us for 2 years.

Vital win today, we had a very poor second half but we still did enough to wrap up the game. Kane missed two absolute sitters. Slightly alarming how our midfield fell apart without Mason though.

Only Aguero has scored more goals than Harry Kane this season in all competitions

Sensational.

Wilbur

Banned
such entitlement

such privilege

you dont even know

cis scum

I just giggled at the last line in front of my girlfriend

how do i explain

I really don't get it

Scraped it against Stoke

Because it's Villa

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I really don't get it

Scraped it against Stoke

bt sport had an infallible twitter poll, united are 3% more likely to challenge for the title than city.

wonder what money i could've got on us being top four at xmas back when we were on our A-league tour of shame back in the summer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Only Aguero has scored more goals than Harry Kane this season in all competitions

Sensational.

He looked tired today, he will be kicking himself that he didn't score on that ball from Lamela. We have to be careful we don't burn him out, we will need Adebayor during this period. Soldado is not an effective substitute for Kane.

When are we going to start hearing about an Everton crisis? They are the only European challenger from last season that seem to be playing like shit in the league without anyone noticing.

Clegg

Think that might have been Fletcher's Neville at West Brom moment. May not retire straight after like Gary, but has probably plummeted even further down the pecking order.

Think that might have been Fletcher's Neville at West Brom moment. May not retire straight after like Gary, but has probably plummeted even further down the pecking order.

I really don't know what the club is thinking. He's not going to suddenly become a Prem-standard DM again, he's had it taken from him

Keep him around by all means if he brings a lot to the dressing room, and as a very last resort in case like 4 players are injured in that position. But starting games in the league? Nah.

Wilbur

Banned
You're mean and I hope Dean stabs you with a fork, like he did to Lloyd (rrip)

i remember once we were playing a board game and you had to say like... Six different trees in half a minute, or four different makes of car or whatever

Dean got a card that was "different words for women"

"Girls
Females
Err
Dykes
Whores"

ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

i remember once we were playing a board game and you had to say like... Six different trees in half a minute, or four different makes of car or whatever

Dean got a card that was "different words for women"

"Girls
Females
Err
Dykes
Whores"

ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

Whores came to mind before ladies

The GTA generation, everyone. We are the corrupted.

He looked tired today, he will be kicking himself that he didn't score on that ball from Lamela. We have to be careful we don't burn him out, we will need Adebayor during this period. Soldado is not an effective substitute for Kane.

When are we going to start hearing about an Everton crisis? They are the only European challenger from last season that seem to be playing like shit in the league without anyone noticing.

Soldado will probably play. At least Poch knows what he's going to get from him.

Only Leicester and QPR have conceded more goals than Everton this season in the Premier League. What you saying Yenrot?

For all of Arsenal's attacking quality, the thing that frightens me most is Sanchez and Welback closing down our defenders. They can't handle it, especially since long balls aren't an option

Pachimari

To me every trophy is special. And I have never seen my club win the World Cup for Clubs so it's at least something I wanna watch tonight. :)

And let's be honest, having a lot of the ball againt Villa is a given

They don't give a shit what you're doing with it until you get within 30 yards of goal. The tactical work needs to be dedicated to breaking them down on the assumption that you'll dominate possession.

Did they plant Agbonlahor on Fletcher btw, as they did Gerrard earlier in the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom