• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

City's next two games in the league are West Brom and Burnley -- should be able to run it to 8 in a row in the league you'd think (and 10 overall). Sunderland and Wednesday after that which probably should mean 12 in a row.

Then Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea. A lot can change in that stretch.

can someone translate that into brentan for me?

I thought we did okay actually. The finishing needs to be better, but we've lost 2 world class players and it was always going to be a difficult season because of that. If a tree falls in the woods and there's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound? pls don't sack me

pulga

Banned
10429262_10150748352484953_1696160866008388071_n.jpg

HALA MADRID

To me every trophy is special. And I have never seen my club win the World Cup for Clubs so it's at least something I wanna watch tonight. :)

It's just jealousy m8. To be in the CWC you gotta win the CL, which makes this trophy undoubtedly valuable to me. I can't wait!

TeddyBoy

When are we going to start hearing about an Everton crisis? They are the only European challenger from last season that seem to be playing like shit in the league without anyone noticing.

Everton traditionally had bad starts under Moyes and made a strong second half to their seasons to make up for it.

If Everton were the only club under performing then they'd have articles written about them, right now we have Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal articles that generate far more hits than Everton.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It's just jealousy m8. To be in the CWC you gotta win the CL, which makes this trophy undoubtedly valuable to me. I can't wait!

m8 the real trophy is the CL one
the CWC is more post-victory lap

scently

We drew precisely because of the system we played. We simply don't have the personnel to play this formation (on a side note, more and more teams are using it, or atleast a derivative of it). On top of that, this formation neuters some of our most influential players; Carrick, our best and most important midfielder, gets dropped into defense. Rooney, who is not a midfielder, atleast not such a deep lying one, is forced to play there. We lose control and creativity in the middle of the park. As a result of which our attack don't get proper service.

Quite simply, this has been coming for the past few games. We have been getting away with dreadful performance because LVG feels we need the protection a back 3 provides. Given the players we have, a 442 diamond is our best formation and its the formation with which we have played the best football. 352 doesn't work, neither does 433 as it shunts ADM wide. We don't have the players for a proper 433. I feel we can start with a 442 diamond and then switch as the situation demands.

rodvik

Ashley Young is a cunt.

Sorry to state the obvious.

Anyway, decent game. Ref had a shocker. Hopefully the card will be recinded on appeal.

Bob Buckle

What a name

If they're actually damaging seats (I doubt they're damaging the barriers, but that is a safety issue,) keeping an eye on them is fair enough

Well who knows what the truth is, the person who received the letter claims it was just normal celebrations for a goal. Moving to the front and standing on the barrier as a goal is scored sounds pretty reasonable to me and not something that calls for letters out to the fans. Going to football in the premier league sounds incredible boring.

Well who knows what the truth is, the person who received the letter claims it was just normal celebrations for a goal. Moving to the front and standing on the barrier as a goal is scored sounds pretty reasonable to me and not something that calls for letters out to the fans. Going to football in the premier league sounds incredible boring.

We live in a culture now where people will try taking legal action for anything. Obviously if you stand on a barrier, slip and smash your skull in, that's just Darwinism in action, but the club and stewards could really do without the aggro :p

Blablurn

pls. Bremen should be in 2.Bundesliga
fuck that shit club

fuck them both haha

i was in a pizzeria and they were showing all afternoon games. i was screaming so loud when bremen scored the 2nd goal. dortmund on a relgation place during the winter break. what a time, elsk.

This is Ashley Young we are talking about here. Ex Villa player, famous diver, I can call him a cunt any time I damn well please :)

But I agree the ref is to blame. Terrible performance.

Kinda wish he didn't get sent off. Think we would have won playing you with 11 men. You seemed more motivated after.

There's always a strange air around the CWC. If you win, everyone passes it off as a meaningless trophy. If you lose, you'll be reminded of it for the rest of your life.

rodvik

Kinda wish he didn't get sent off. Think we would have won playing you with 11 men. You seemed more motivated after.

It was strange. Usually we collapse down to 10 men, today we got better. No idea why. Anyway I will take a point I suppose. To be honest though you lot really are our bogey team going by records. Sure would be nice to get 3 points off you this century, some how :)

K1LLER7

Good to see LVG agrees that we were crap with the possession. Without Carrick in midfield, we did nothing with the ball except look for the wingers.

Also LVG should have kept Young on the left, he was playing very well up against Lowton(?).

Blablurn

Its official. The Allianz Arena will expand to 75,000 seats, become second largest stadium in Germany. Maybe we buy another stand from Dortmund
qBsuB5s.png

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Good for Auckland, bet they feel great.

Now let's see Real expand that winning streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom