• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to action:

Raid 2 > Dredd > Raid

When it comes to story:

Dredd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raid 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raid

Yen

Robert Rodriguez has his own TV channel now.... It's amazing. It's basically Kung-Fu and Godzilla movies one after the other.

I've seen so many new amazing Kung-Fu flicks over these last couple months.
The only film I've seen of his is Spy Kids 3

jtb

Banned
what's serial?

it's a podcast. http://serialpodcast.org

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

it's really accessible, well done and incredibly addicting; it helps that you can listen to it whenever. it's already one of the most popular podcasts on iTunes ever I think.

jts

...hate me...
I have a problem m8s, u have to help me.

I am addicted to FIFA 15 Seasons.

I'm probably approaching 700 matches.

It feels great to get better and better but it doesn't achieve me anything and I waste all my time with it.

I always want to play one more match.

It just became compulsive.

It's an addiction.

I think I should sell it and not look back
l1x61OA.png

But maybe only after I become Div 1 champion
ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

Or even better, get the Platinum trophy
ieBViOIubAlm1.png

jts

...hate me...
Since this is sucking the life out of me, might as well share some of my moments in Seasons.

This is probably the best I'll ever achieve, in terms of W/D/L and general accomplishes. 8 seasons, 8 division titles, 46/5/7. On my second account:
8k3pOfz.jpg

The way Div 2 is going, all this is getting ruined
iQL2bfbIseR4S.png

Got to Div 1 on main account though.

When Division 4 match making goes wrong (not for me!)
2DkqVoQ.jpg

Love putting an L on these guys:

4lORCVS.jpg

gaJzV7C.jpg

Absolutely insane match, (I was Porto). Check the goal timeline:

hQMw72Z.jpg

tNny1kC.jpg

Also a neat match:

RLakYgA.jpg

Bonus a fresh backheel 83' 3-2 NeyGOD goal against RM.

fVOY6j4.gif

(the app I used to make this creates that stupid rewind loop)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm in the mood for a Wes Anderson movie. I love the dreamlike mood of his movies, it's utterly fun. I've yet to watch Rushmoore, Bottle Rocket and Moonrise Kingdom.

Loved The Grand Budapest Hotel to bits, The Darjeeling Limited (dunno why, it just clicked with me), The Royal Tenenbaums. I genuinely don't remember a single thing about The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, so I probably need to rewatch that at some point :lol

Personally think seasons 3 and 4 are way better than 1 and 2.

in retrospect, I think 3 was only slightly better than 2.

and HOLY FUCKING SENSATIONAL SHIT at Vidal's finish. THE ABYSSWALKER IS BACK

TeddyBoy

Having a family meal later, my aunt and uncle who support Arsenal will be there. Not sure how the conversation will pan out, if Liverpool win we'll be talking about how Wenger has to go (they feel he should have left years ago) but should Arsenal win I'm sure we'll be talking about how Rodgers has to go.

A draw will be fairly anticlimactic :p

Rumoured team:

Jones Toure Skrtel Sakho Henderson Lucas Gerrard Markovic Lallana Sterling Coutinho

LTWheels

Having a family meal later, my aunt and uncle who support Arsenal will be there. Not sure how the conversation will pan out, if Liverpool win we'll be talking about how Wenger has to go (they feel he should have left years ago) but should Arsenal win I'm sure we'll be talking about how Rodgers has to go.

A draw will be fairly anticlimactic :p

Rumoured team:

Jones Toure Skrtel Sakho Henderson Lucas Gerrard Markovic Lallana Sterling Coutinho

That team sounds about right. Slight worry about Markovic defensively as a wingback. I definitely want him on the pitch though, maybe as another position. Worried about Gerrard being a passenger as he was in the last two games in this position. I would have Moreno as lwb, and play Coutinho deep instead of Gerrard. Markovic in Coutinho's position.

TeddyBoy

That team sounds about right. Slight worry about Markovic defensively as a wingback. I definitely want him on the pitch though, maybe as another position. Worried about Gerrard being a passenger as he was in the last two games in this position. I would have Moreno as lwb, and play Coutinho deep instead of Gerrard. Markovic in Coutinho's position.

Agreed, Gerrard needs to be dropped.

What are your thoughts on Henderson this season? He's been moved about quite a bit and doesn't play as badly as others in our team but isn't one of our best performers either.

Linius

I want to say sorry if I've ever offended anyone in here. It was not my intention, if I have, I hope you accept my apology.

Offending someone in this thread? Highly unlikely. Unless you were having a go at Plug. He's not used to the banter culture.

Can you post your Schalke LineUp for FIFA, linus?

Fjkb.png

Pretty standard. Farfan and Huntelaar are the key players providing most of the danger. Neustädter is brilliant with corner kicks, made quite a few goals with him.

LTWheels

Agreed, Gerrard needs to be dropped.

What are your thoughts on Henderson this season? He's been moved about quite a bit and doesn't play as badly as others in our team but isn't one of our best performers either.

Henderson is suffering for being too versatile. He's basically being used to plug holes and that Rodgers knows that he is reliable. To get the best out of Henderson he needs to be played in a position where he is allowed to run from deep, past the striker or link up play around the edge of the box. I would also argue that his long range passing is more accurate/consistent than Gerrard is now.

I think he is sort of wasted as a wingback, as he is not going to dribble past his opposite man. That's not in his skill set.

Blablurn

Offending someone in this thread? Highly unlikely. Unless you were having a go at Plug. He's not used to the banter culture.

Fjkb.png

Pretty standard. Farfan and Huntelaar are the key players providing most of the danger. Neustädter is brilliant with corner kicks, made quite a few goals with him.

Thanks m8!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cristina is being a baby again I see

Who cares what Platini thinks, it's not his award to give and at ghe end of the day it's just his opinion

Hixx

I woke up early and have been trying to sleep all morning to bypass the nerves. Had a dream we were winning 2-0 at half time and we'd missed a penalty then ki hit the post but he was playing for Newcastle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom