• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
nJSkBXd.gif

Marc

I dunno, we controlled so much of the game against a team with a strong midfield, I don't really see the same conclusions. We played well vs Man Utd, played well vs Bournemouth and played well vs Arsenal. If we can sort out the finishing we won't be chasing every game desperately and can use our midfielders to reinforce the defense.

Maybe optimistic but the signs are positive despite the results not being ideal

A decent midfield maybe. ;)

Man United, a team of planks.

Bournemouth, a team of wanks.

That is one of the weakest Arsenal sides I can remember, they were awful and you couldn't win against them. You smashed them last year, they haven't exactly improved so you have gone backwards. Backwards in a league of shite. Considering how few chances Arsenal had and yet scored two easy goals, I would be wary of other teams who get more than a few chances.

I hope it is turning around for you guys though, I hope it is for everyone at this point as my god this league is weak right now.

Hixx

It's amazing how smug Pardew looked in his post-match interview.

"We told the players not to overcommit"

His face when he said this... if I was a Mag I'd be livid.

Marc

Sensationally on the money.

Amazing how that movie got made the way it did.

Spidey is my favourite hero and for the last 15 years or so he has been absolutely shat on from a great height, and that includes Marvel. My god he has been misused and abused like no other. They fucking rape his 'history' for gods sake. Went from the most popular hero around to what... like 10th right now? If that. So many bad writers attached to his name.

We're past the stage of comparing our current performances to those of last season. We're clearly worse in every aspect, and are now looking for improvement week-to-week

We're much better than we were even a month ago, and that will have to do for now.

Fucking hell, we need 2 great weekends just to reach 7th. At the point now where it would actually make sense to sell all 3 of those strikers for one good one. They're not even popping up with the odd goal here and there, they've given us nothing

I love Sony's treatment of Spiderman. Shit them out, make some money, annoy Spiderman fans who still pay to watch them, and watch Marvel whinge and wail when it was them who fucking sold the rights in the first place.

I honestly thought the Toby Maguire spiderman movies ranged from alright to pretty good entertainment. It was never going to be amazing movies, cause you know, it's super hero shit, but I had a good time watching all of them, even despite weird emo dance scene.

Amazing Spiderman however... Christ, only watched the first and I never want to touch that reboot again.

bobito

Banned
I love Sony's treatment of Spiderman. Shit them out, make some money, annoy Spiderman fans who still pay to watch them, and watch Marvel whinge and wail when it was them who fucking sold the rights in the first place.

I love how seriously they take it, it's just a movie....

GQman2121

Banned
I love how seriously they take it, it's just a movie....

There's billions of dollars on the line though. Though I do agree that it's rather silly to take so seriously considering the content they're discussing. It's like Adam Sandler examining one of his scripts for Oscar contention.

jts

...hate me...

Marvel sold them the rights when they were in a tough spot.

Doubt that Sony is too ecstatic about the whole thing, although it's better to have Spidey than not to have it. But they hit a stagnant box office while Marvel cries their way to the bank with the Avengers & co. money.

1B for spiderman's rights would be fantastic for them.

Zabojnik

Absolutely

Sensational

B5ZlfeNIAAAg6Jl.jpg

This is so incredible, that ... Yeah, I don't even know.

In a prefect world this statue would become Ronaldo's bane and people would laugh and give him shit about it so damn hard that he (or whoever came up with the idea) would be forced to take it down. And then, after Ronaldo's passing, put it in a museum for future generations to enjoy.

Hixx

You lot were on about the Brooklyn Nine Nine the other day so I started watching it on Netflix. It's alright. Some genuinely funny episodes but seems about the same number of episodes that just sort of pass by without me realising I've just watched a whole episode.

Blablurn

I wonder what kind of standing Thiago will have once he came back. We bought him as Peps motor on the pitch. Yet he was always injured. In the meanwhile we won every game and play even better than last year.

jts

...hate me...
I was going to say that Toffee would be fine.

My cats always escape sometimes.

It would be very unlucky to have them dead by the first time they do.

Beware that now he will be thirsty for more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom