• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Schurrle doesn't give a fuck if you're a Make A Wish kid on your deathbed who only wants to see a German assist before passing on. He ain't passing!

Good win, not necessarily our best performance but we didn't need to ramp it up after the start we had. Clean sheet, a couple of goals so it wasn't tight at the end, pretty good all round.

So much quality in the team, the possibilities for rotation and replacing with players that would make it into most other teams is great for us. Not to mention being relatively injury free as well

I feel like we are getting closer to Fabregas kissing the badge too.

Quiche pls
D5Jy4CR.png

So, I've watched some videos of Kampl. Half of his goals and assists are simply due to the Austrian league being shit :lol

But considering those riduculous cups in January, I guess signing him makes sense. He looks decent and is easily miles better than Großkreutz in his current shape.

For the Leverkusen match, we'd look at:
Bender-Sahin/Gündogan
Kampl-Gündogan/Kuba-Reus
Immobile

Let's do this!

GQman2121

Banned
Definitely not a marquee performance, but three points from a Monday Night in Stoke is really important given the time of the year and upcoming cramped schedule.

I wonder if the feeling of seeing their ex players win lots of trophies with other teams they should be rivalling has lost its effect for Arsenal fans by now.

I think they're numb to it at this point.

Wilbur

Banned
@BeardedGenius: Player of the half season so far out of Sanchez, Matic, De Gea and Nasri?

Nasri? Eh?

Anyway, the other three are all contenders, along with a few more I could name (Downing, Fabregas, Costa, Aguero, Schneiderlin, Azpilicueta off the top of my head)

Wilbur

Banned
Awful about Carlisle.

Makes me feel bad retrospectively for disliking his commentary.

What if it was Michael Owen

------

Didn't realise Carlisle was so young, only 35! Thought he'd be a lot older than that. Really hoping he pulls through.

Arnie

Carlisle stuff puts things into perspective. Have a happy healthy Christmas, all. Smile a lot and enjoy time with loved ones. Drink lots of Apple juice. Wear pyjamas.

Marc

Awful about Carlisle.

Makes me feel bad retrospectively for disliking his commentary.

Don't, I am sure he wouldn't mind, must know he was shit at it.

He is good at PFA work and highlighting issues within the game plus being an intelligent footballer.

Player of the season for me thus far is Matic.

Just outright incredible. Makes everything look piss easy and he controls the tempo of a game really well. Points winner in a totally different way.

Arnie

You getting to go home for Xmas?
Christmas Eve. Train to Preston. Mum's making sausage and mash. Then to the local for two pints and to dribble on about what living in London's like.

Then to the cousin's on Christmas Day for some Everton #banter.

Then Boxing Day. Away with the Reds. Four cans of Stella in a car to Burnley. Red smoke. Fists. Scarves. Kolo Toure as I live and breathe.

Home in time for shit telly and slippers.

Rinse and repeat.

Wilbur

Banned
That sounds absolutely sensational.

My nan and grandad are coming this year, which will feel odd because it's usually just immediate family.

Toby Carvery on Christmas Eve, home in my jammies Christmas Day, and round the girlfriend's Boxing Day. Her mum's a Newcastle fan as well, so if we lose she'll fucking rub it in like last year.

Carragher's explanation on the issue with Chambers in Arsenal's zonal marking is bizarre. Telling him to leave zone and go towards the man. That's man marking then surely?

Carragher's explanation on the issue with Chambers in Arsenal's zonal marking is bizarre. Telling him to leave zone and go towards the man. That's man marking then surely?

I'd never in a million years use Zonal even on FM. It puts too much down to judgment of where a player thinks their zone is when really... they should just be marking a player.

Plus I personally think it leads to a lot of lazy defending. Thats not to say managers/teams don't make it work if you have good leadership, organisation and communication but Arsenal for example clearly have none of those things (being the example shown on MNF).

Crouch did us a big favour for the opening goal though by moving, not sure what he was doing really. I also completely disagree with not having a player firmly rooted on each post for corners but none of the 20 teams have players on them, so fair enough, I guess.

I'd never in a million years use Zonal even on FM. It puts too much down to judgment of where a player thinks their zone is when really... they should just be marking a player.

Plus I personally think it leads to a lot of lazy defending. Thats not to say managers/teams don't make it work if you have good leadership, organisation and communication but Arsenal for example clearly have none of those things (being the example shown on MNF).

Crouch did us a big favour for the opening goal though by moving, not sure what he was doing really. I also completely disagree with not having a player firmly rooted on each post for corners but none of the 20 teams have players on them, so fair enough, I guess.

This is sort of what Gary Neville was saying when Carragher said Chambers should be responsible and move closer to Skrtel. But then you're just asking for someone to run into the space he's left. I can't imagine if that had happened, and someone attacked the far post and scored, Chambers then explaining in the dressing room why he decided to leave the space they'd told him to defend. The moment people start making decisions like that is when it all falls apart.

Arnie

I prefer zonal to man marking.

None of them are fool proof, and zonal looks terrible when it fails. Think that's a big psychological factor to its detractors. Losing an aerial duel is seen as good offensive play, rather than an inherent flaw with the man marking system, in that defenders are always a step behind.

dc89

I was out shopping earlier. I had a mooch in GAME and saw one Marth amiibo on the shelf. It's out of print and is highly sought after so I thought why not.
I have no real interest in Amiibo's, well not this one anyway, so I may sell it to someone on here at face value or something equally as kind.

What do you guys think about Gündogan moving next summer?

Obviously all the big clubs were in for him before the injury but I'm not so sure now. He hasn't really improved much since returning. That isn't really surprising or shocking to be honest but a fact. The way I see it, he would completely flop at any top club currently. Maybe not at Bayern but I doubt Pep would want Gündogan at this point. So, are there any Gündogan rumors in England or Spain? Because I haven't heard about it but I haven't been able to follow football that well in the last few months.

Elchele

What do you guys think about Gündogan moving next summer?

Obviously all the big clubs were in for him before the injury but I'm not so sure now. He hasn't really improved much since returning. That isn't really surprising or shocking to be honest but a fact. The way I see it, he would completely flop at any top club currently. Maybe not at Bayern but I doubt Pep would want Gündogan at this point. So, are there any Gündogan rumors in England or Spain? Because I haven't heard about it but I haven't been able to follow football that well in the last few months.

I'm sure RB Leipzig will be happy to take him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom