• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Ibra is one of the top 5 players at the moment. Being a Swede locks him out of Balloon d'Or and from being remembered in the years. Should've been from fucking Argentina, or Spain, or Germany, he would already be a God among men, forever remembered.

Also, about Rafa... the problem is the team itself and the city. Napoli lives to be Juventus' rival. Their only goal (and they're not alone, half of Serie A does that) is to beat Juventus in that single game.
They had some rough days with Roma (a person killed, and other minor things, you know) but they don't have the anger they show against us every time. Napoli can lose against every small club (see EL matches and other Serie A poor teams) because Naples does-not-care if you're not playing against Juventus. Just go and see their attendance at San Paolo, last match-day they barely had 15k viewers.
They're sinking, big time. Half of the team wants to leave, it's not a place where you can focus on playing, because the whole city just lives for those 2 matches. Rafa clearly wants to leave, every time he can he flies back to Liverpool, and they won't have another Cavani to sell this year to make profit.

That's it. I'm livid about losing the trophy that way, but I don't blame our team. Buffon was godly and we were tired, shit happens, we lost FIVE CL FINALS, this is nothing.

And at least we didn't cry and leave the stadium like they are used to, we stayed. Fino alla fine.

EDIT:

0MFSSEJA--473x264.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibra is one of the top 5 players at the moment. Being a Swede locks him out of Balloon d'Or and from being remembered in the years. Should've been from fucking Argentina, or Spain, or Germany, he would already be a God among men, forever remembered.

Also, about Rafa... the problem is the team itself and the city. Napoli lives to be Juventus' rival. Their only goal (and they're not alone, half of Serie A does that) is to beat Juventus in that single game.
They had some rough days with Roma (a person killed, and other minor things, you know) but they don't have the anger they show against us every time. Napoli can lose against every small club (see EL matches and other Serie A poor teams) because Naples does-not-care if you're not playing against Juventus. Just go and see their attendance at San Paolo, last match-day they barely had 15k viewers.
They're sinking, big time. Half of the team wants to leave, it's not a place where you can focus on playing, because the whole city just lives for those 2 matches. Rafa clearly wants to leave, every time he can he flies back to Liverpool, and they won't have another Cavani to sell this year to make profit.

That's it. I'm livid about losing the trophy that way, but I don't blame our team. Buffon was godly and we were tired, shit happens, we lost FIVE CL FINALS, this is nothing.

And at least we didn't cry and leave the stadium like they are used to, we stayed. Fino alla fine.

EDIT:

0MFSSEJA--473x264.jpg
The players and fans are a bit down because they know they're out of every relevant competition already (Scudetto and CL)

It's an awful situation, they're just waiting for the season to be over already and pray they finish 3rd (which is not likely when you look at their league form)

Case in point -> read our resident Napoli fan post a few pages ago

Rikkun

The players and fans are a bit down because they know they're out of every relevant competition already (Scudetto and CL)

It's an awful situation, they're just waiting for the season to be over already and pray they finish 3rd (which is not likely when you look at their league form)

Case in point -> read our resident Napoli fan post a few pages ago

I don't think next year would be better than this one, and also next year is dependant on this year. End up 4th and you end up losing money and players. Milan and Inter already know this.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think next year would be better than this one, and also next year is dependant on this year. End up 4th and you end up losing money and players. Milan and Inter already know this.
Yeah if they finish outside of the top 3 their project is all but over. ADL might cash in and make a mockumentary about it.

It's a downward spiral that we know very well too :lol

It all started with selling demigod Cavani

Michael Krohn Dehli rumored to Copenhagen. Please God no, I'm going to burn down our stadium before that happens.

Also interested in Eikrem, Tan please.

Zabojnik

Ah, that little taste of success, it does wonders to some fans. The Napoli fans that are (were?) calling for De Laurentiis and Benitez's head should remember where the fuck they were before De Laurentiis bought them and brought them back to life.

Zabojnik

Why would it be happening

It just makes sense. United could do with a classy winger, right? Valencia seems to be doing alright at the moment, but it probably won't last and Cuadrado is better anyway. The price is about right - with the shitty post-mundial season he's having they probably won't dare ask for much more than 30M€. Which is peanuts to Wooderz & LVGenius.

Mostly though I'm basing my assumption on Twitter. Cuadrado seems very close to Falcao.

Oh, it's happening.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Arsenal are weighing up £16m move for Newcastle United's 25-year-old midfielder Moussa Sissoko in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)
West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino has set his sights on a January move away from The Hawthorns, with Liverpool and Tottenham set to go head-to-head for the 21-year-old's signature. (Talksport)
Crystal Palace are lining up a double swoop for Swansea forward Bafetimbi Gomis, 29, and Lille's 23-year-old defender Pape Souare. (Daily Star)
QPR boss Harry Redknapp is ready to offer Ravel Morrison a contract if West Ham decide to get rid of the 21-year-old midfielder. (Talksport)
Tottenham have been left disappointed after Danny Ings, 22, made it clear that he will not leave Burnley until the end of his contract next summer. (Times - subscription)
Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race for Borussia Dortmund's 26-year-old centre-back Mats Hummels. (Daily Express)
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 25, will snub a move to Spurs because he wants to join London rivals Arsenal. (Sun - subscription)

OTHER GOSSIP
The futures of five Manchester United youngsters, including defenders Paddy McNair, 19, Tyler Blackett, 20, and Reece James, 21, who won promotion to the first team under manager Louis van Gaal this season, are in doubt. (Times - subscription)
Data analysis shows Arsenal have suffered more injuries than their Premier League rivals, raising questions over manager Arsene Wenger's methods. (Daily Telegraph)
Former Wigan manager Uwe Rosler, 46, is favourite to take over at struggling Championship club Brighton after Sami Hyypia handed in his resignation. (Daily Mail)
But ex-Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood, 45, is also in the running to take over at Brighton, who are four points from safety in the Championship table. (Sun - subscription)
Everton manager Roberto Martinez, 41, says he is "worried" by his team's inconsistent league form. (Liverpool Echo)
Crystal Palace will lose captain Mile Jedinak, 30, for the New Year's Day trip to Aston Villa after Australia demanded he joined up with them for the Asian Cup. (Croydon Advertiser)
Manchester City keeper Joe Hart, 27, says he is sharper for the experience of being dropped by manager Manuel Pellegrini last season. (Daily Express)
QPR have opened talks with striker Charlie Austin, 25, over a new contract worth £50,000 a week. (Sky Sports)
West Brom defender Joleon Lescott, 32, has set his sights on a long-term move into management. (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel, 30, says the Reds have turned the corner this season after improvements in their past three games (Guardian)
Former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville, 39, says the Premier League is falling behind the rest of Europe. (Daily Mail)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Brondby's former Liverpool defender Daniel Agger tweeted a photograph of inking his first tattoos for 10 years. The 30-year-old is a qualified tattoo artist.
Peter Odemwingie marked the three-month anniversary of his cruciate ligament operation by having a run on the pitch. The 33-year-old Stoke City forward, who is unlikely to play again this season, tweeted: "Big day for me today as I got to the three months mark and had my first run on the pitch since the op."
Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 27, tweeted this after his side's 2-0 home defeat to Chelsea on Monday: "Tough loss tonight. But we gave it a good go against a top side! On to the next one."
Newcastle defender Jonas Gutierrez, tweeted his appreciation for the messages of support after he played for the first time following his battle with testicular cancer: "Thanks to all the fans for the support that you give through my illness, I am proud to be back. Good game and I am really happy. Thanks"

AND FINALLY...
Former Coronation Street actress Helen Flanagan is expecting her first child with Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair, 25, this summer. (Daily Mail)

Just for you, Yurt-chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom