• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

iYbeiNhzHOHQF.gif

Arnie

Literally had no idea there was an entire round of fixtures (bar us) today.

Absolutely buzzing. Forza Pardew. Forza Chadli.

anyone of you have 14 day trial code for ps plus? my manager account on fifa 15 won't let me do the trial again, i dont want to pay for it all over again.

L1NETT

Our game still goin ahead thankfully. Pitch is ok apparently

We ave been shite at VP recently. Can see County nicking a point or probably all three here

c'mon city

C'mon Bolton

Rikkun

I had a dream where I went out with my ex after 6 months of radio silence and she gifted me two blurays, one was awesome and the other was ugly, and her mom got me almond nougat. After dinner we went to my place, she told me she was seeing this guy but she wanted to be "more open" and "didn't sign any contract within anyone", so I started to tease her then remembered Gone Girl and run the fuck away.

Then woke up and realized it was not a dream.
At least now I have The Wolf of Wall Street and nougat.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I had a dream where I went out with my ex after 6 months of radio silence and she gifted me two blurays, one was awesome and the other was ugly, and her mom got me almond nougat. After dinner we went to my place, she told me she was seeing this guy but she wanted to be "more open" and "didn't sign any contract within anyone", so I started to tease her then remembered Gone Girl and run the fuck away.

Then woke up and realized it was not a dream.
At least now I have The Wolf of Wall Street and nougat.

Fuck her.

WAIT COME BACK! NOT LITERALLY

ricky

hello

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Keeping Up with the Naras:

There were reports before Christmas that the pair (Icardi and Maxi Lopze) clashed again when Maxi Lopez picked his three children up from school, seemingly against the wishes of step-dad Icardi.

and now Wanda is pregnant with Icardi's kid. Lord have mercy

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
#THFC team: Lloris, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Mason, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Dier, Walker, Lamela, Dembele, Paulinho, Soldado

I can't believe Lennon didn't even make the bench for this one.

GAALIANS, my brothers of the sword, I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands, let no man forget how menacing we are, we are dutch lions.

You know what's there, waiting, beyond that pitch, immortality, take it! It's yours!

Ushojax

United have a terrible-looking back 5 but somehow they keep winning. Hard one to call, I thought LVG would make more changes so maybe Townsend coming in will cause their tired legs some problems.

Tc91

Oh David James..

On De Gea:

"The fact is Madrid have the better keeper in Navas"

"Is Navas playing for Madrid at the minute?"

"That's the funny thing Madrid don't need the best goalkeeper in the world"

Wat

Arnie

Who is Stanmbouli and what does he do?

I'm lost.

Also, fine to moan about playing successive games in 48 hours but if you don't rotate anyone it does make you look like a wally.

Especially when you manage an infinitely funded enterprise.

You fucking thumb.

Forza Stambouli.

Go_Ly_Dow

Come on Young. Your Moyesball101 crosses have been killer recently.

Time for Falc and RVP to wise up and start burrying em.

BELIEVE!

Ushojax

Stambouli is a very slow, budget-version of Schneiderlin. He got taken off at HT against Leicester so I don't really know why he's starting this one. Dembele deserves a chance.

bobito

Banned
I still can't believe footballers pretend its hard to play two games in three days, they must believe thriathlons are fairy tales

Arnie

I still can't believe footballers pretend its hard to play two games in three days, they must believe thriathlons are fairy tales
Don't agree with that.

It's about conditioning, isn't it. Not defending them too much, obviously they should be able to run around for 90, but their body might not agree and that's when injuries can occur.

LVG's not arsed though. Seems like a diluted Kia Ora to Dino Dave's full-sugared Robinsons training methods.

WJD

Fed up with not beating Spurs all the time.

Don't feel massively confident.

Going to Frankie and Benny's after the match though so either way, it's gonna be a hell of a day.

Arnie

Fed up with not beating Spurs all the time.

Don't feel massively confident.

Going to Frankie and Benny's after the match though so either way, it's gonna be a hell of a day.
Can't lose there, lad.

I had a calamari salad from there before Skyfall back in the day. Don't know what the fuck I was thinking. Brother had a burger the size of Jolean Lescott's cranium.

I'm watching all of the football today. Might miss half of United. Shame, that's the game I most want to see.

Oh David James..

On De Gea:

"The fact is Madrid have the better keeper in Navas"

"Is Navas playing for Madrid at the minute?"

"That's the funny thing Madrid don't need the best goalkeeper in the world"

Wat

He's got a point imo

Navas is clearly a fantastic keeper (perhaps not better than De Gea) and Madrid don't need a keeper better than Casillas at the moment when the keeper isn't put under any pressure.

But it's Madrid, so they could well blow £30m+ on a keeper they don't need anyway. The point is, they already have 2 keepers who are good enough right now.

Tc91

He's got a point imo

Navas is clearly a fantastic keeper (perhaps not better than De Gea) and Madrid don't need a keeper better than Casillas at the moment when the keeper isn't put under any pressure.

But it's Madrid, so they could well blow £30m+ on a keeper they don't need anyway. The point is, they already have 2 keepers who are good enough right now.

Is Navas better than Neuer?

different sports, different conditioning.

Triathlons athletes are built for endurance, ask them to play a 90 minute football match against someone with even equal skill and they'd be too slow to move effectively against pro footballers.

Is Navas better than Neuer?

No, nobody is. That's not even up for debate.

Though I'd like to see how Neuer would cope behind a shit back line, as his shotstopping isn't called into action nearly as much as the likes of De Gea or even Courtois from what I've seen.

He is utterly dominant though in every other aspect for sure. Though eventually he'll be lobbed, or caught out when sweeping (which he should have been a couple of months ago.)

Ushojax

What happened to Dembéle, a few years ago he was doing pretty well

He has a chronic hip injury and hasn't been 100% fit for a long time. AVB also neutered his game and he can be very sluggish on the ball, but in recent weeks he has tried to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom