• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Herrera cost 5 million(?) more than Lallana and he's got similar stats. Only a year younger too. That tells you everything. You stick to PL proven players where possible.

FootballFan

Just heard from my Chinese school. They found someone else
D5Jy4CR.png

Unlucky man, keep applying. Don't let something like that put you down.

It's tough but you gotta keep at it Bla. <3

Wilbur

Banned
Young's really settled in that wingback role, to be fair to the lad. McNair was alright again too.

Just heard from my Chinese school. They found someone else
D5Jy4CR.png

Sorry to hear that, man.

I applied at head office again at nando's, nada.

There's also some games company looking for story writers. Mediatonic?

CCS

Banned
If LVG picks up an experienced CM to rotate with Carrick and 2 experienced defender's (because lets be honest, they're gonna get injured) I'll be happy. Enough kids though, we need some old crusty ass guys who've been there and done that, grab the game by its haunches and hump it into submission.

Like defence is a lot better than say a few weeks ago, but its still a bit unsettled at times. Also whilst young as gotten a lot (a lot) better, Valencia's only improved a bit. He's okay, but when the ball is constantly being sent down the left, rather than the right, its kind of telling who the team has more faith in.

I agree there. I think the left hand side is fine, and the front men are mostly doing well. A solid centre back, preferably one with no injury history, a right back/wing back (i.e. someone like Young) and a solid centre midfielder, which is what Blind would be if he wasn't injured, and the team actually looks pretty strong.

Arnie

I'm about to buy egg fried rice, curry sauce, a jumbo sausage and a can of coke. If that doesn't excite you then nothing will.

Salvadora

There is a takeaway place near me that advertises a jumbo sausage as the bigfoot, with a picture.

I can't help but think that they are referencing his penis.

Linius

Sometimes I wish I had proper/normal work like you guys.

As a teacher a holiday isn't actually a holiday. It consists of days you can work at home instead of school (grading papers, preparing for the new period etc.).

It's all a big lie.

You have the most vacation days of all, pls

Arnie

Sounds sublime. Little better than a fuck off tub of egg fried rice.

Enjoy the match (not too much though m8)
I can't wait. Although right now my head feels likes it's about to explode.

Chinese is shut. Fucking livid. Cunts. Not having this. What will I eat?

Blablurn

Thanks guys. I mean, I have something else right now but going abroad would have been my thing. I'm still looking for that big one, you know. A really good job.

You keep sending out CVs but you either dont hear back or only negative answers. Meh.

Wabba

If LVG picks up an experienced CM to rotate with Carrick and 2 experienced defender's (because lets be honest, they're gonna get injured) I'll be happy. Enough kids though, we need some old crusty ass guys who've been there and done that, grab the game by its haunches and hump it into submission.

Like defence is a lot better than say a few weeks ago, but its still a bit unsettled at times. Also whilst young as gotten a lot (a lot) better, Valencia's only improved a bit. He's okay, but when the ball is constantly being sent down the left, rather than the right, its kind of telling who the team has more faith in.

Strootman in and Fletcher out would help a lot. And then maybe Coleman or Clyne to fill the right side and a experienced MS (maybe Vlaar). If we get this players our squad is complete. Maybe a winger aswell but it would make the spot more difficult for Januzaj (just send him out on loan in January and receive the next Zidane in the summer) .

Salazar

Thanks guys. I mean, I have something else right now but going abroad would have been my thing. I'm still looking for that big one, you know. A really good job.

You keep sending out CVs but you either dont hear back or only negative answers. Meh.

Try Australia, champ

CCS

Banned
Strootman in and Fletcher out would help a lot. And then maybe Coleman or Clyne to fill the right side and a experienced MS (maybe Vlaar). If we get this players our squad is complete. Maybe a winger aswell but it would make the spot more difficult for Januzaj (just send him out on loan in January and receive the next Zidane in the summer) .

Strootman Vlaar Clyne is all the squad really needs to be pretty much sorted. I mean just look at this team:

----------------------De Gea---------------------

--------Jones ------ Vlaar------- Rojo--------

Clyne -----Strootman -----Di Maria----Young

---------------------Mata/Rooney-------------

----------Van Persie -------- Falcao---------

And that's with Blind, Mata/Rooney, Shaw, Carrick etc. on the bench.

Wabba

Strootman Vlaar Clyne is all the squad really needs to be pretty much sorted. I mean just look at this team:

And the best thing is that Vlaar, Clyne and Strootman is cheap (maybe not stroot) and realistic targets. IN VAN GAAL WE TRUST!

Herrera cost 5 million(?) more than Lallana and he's got similar stats. Only a year younger too. That tells you everything. You stick to PL proven players where possible.

I'm bored so I'll entertain this and direct it to the others.

Herrera played about 500 less minutes than Lallana and has 1 more assist despite playing in a less advanced position and putting in far more defensive work.

No idea how Carrick can be considered to be having a better season than Herrera as well Wilbur. Both have played well, but both have missed a significant amount of time from injury. The same goes for Shaw, Rafael, Di Maria, etc...

Football opinions revolve from a what have you done for me lately mentality, so it's no surprise to see Herrera being underrated.

Carbonox

Looking out the back door and I see a pigeon strutting up to it and just staring at me with its beady little cunt eyes. It's just standing there. Staring.

Do I deck him? Do I get a deodorant can and a lighter and cook me something to eat until I next get some groceries?

It's a quiet day and I need me some entertainment.

Hixx

Today will be a dark day if Pardew leaves the North East. It would have been great to change the chant to "you sing 5-1, we sing five in a row"
D5Jy4CR.png

Arnie

Looking out the back door and I see a pigeon strutting up to it and just staring at me with its beady little cunt eyes. It's just standing there. Staring.

Do I deck him? Do I get a deodorant can and a lighter and cook me something to eat until I next get some groceries?

It's a quiet day and I need me some entertainment.

He's fucking having you off mate.

Do him.

Elchele

are you getting free money from the government?

jts

...hate me...
There's a sushi place near home that sells 2 15-piece boxes for €7,50.

I think I'll get on that today. Still haven't got sushi since I came home for xmas.

Will probably die from salmonella m8s
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

P44

That is a pretty strong looking squad.

3-5-2 has slowly come into its own here, the system is beginning to make more sense to the players, mostly the defenders obviously. We really should loan out Januzaj and see what happens. Fletcher is pretty much only playing because Blind's out and Fellaini's ill, but its still distressing as hell for me when Carrick gets subbed off for him. Scary.

I'm doubting whether we could snag Clyne admittedly. Definitely not in January, but summer? I don't know. To be honest, any good right-back would do, just need to be good at crossing.

I'm liking how you've put Di Maria a bit more central there, I think LVG has a tendency to just stick him where Young is, and its like, his mobility is sort of wasted there, yeah he's fast, but he also dribbles like a demon, have him going through the middle.

Also, Falcao's tweet. God, can we just buy him. Just for that.

CCS

Banned
That is a pretty strong looking squad.

3-5-2 has slowly come into its own here, the system is beginning to make more sense to the players, mostly the defenders obviously. We really should loan out Januzaj and see what happens.

I'm doubting whether we could snag Clyne admittedly. Definitely not in January, but summer? I don't know. To be honest, any good right-back would do, just need to be good at crossing.

I'm liking how you've put Di Maria a bit more central there, I think LVG has a tendency to just stick him where Young is, and its like, his mobility is sort of wasted there, yeah he's fast, but he also dribbles like a demon, have him going through the middle.

Also, Falcao's tweet. God, can we just buy him. Just for that.

Yeah, the defence definitely seem like they're starting to get to grips with it. If Januzaj's not playing he really needs to out on loan.

True about Clyne, but as you say any decent defender would do. Di Maria could go more central, that was just a kind of rough outline.

Which tweet? I haven't seen any of his :p

P44

What tweet?

Yeah, the defence definitely seem like they're starting to get to grips with it. If Januzaj's not playing he really needs to out on loan.

True about Clyne, but as you say any decent defender would do. Di Maria could go more central, that was just a kind of rough outline.

Which tweet? I haven't seen any of his :p

https://twitter.com/FALCAO/status/549323257728753664

He's already got the United spirit. Can't we just have him for that.

And eh, if Young's playing so well on the wings, I don't think Young has the flexibility that Di Maria does, who can play in multiple positions really well. Best to have DM central.

Guglielmo Cannavale @GugliCannavale · 1h 1 hour ago
Today Chelsea's offer for #Kramaric: €7/8M to Rijeka, agreement for a contract until 2019. Then, possible loan to Vitesse (@DiMarzio) #CFC

Buy 23 year old, loan him out to Vitesse.
LhwRz7R.png

Salazar

Think we can do a sight better than Young. He's put in enough that he's no longer a priority sale, and could in fact be handy as squad-filla, but christ. He still can't really cross a ball.

confuziz

Banned
What about Wijnaldum united GAF? Seems like the kind of player you could use (also box-to-box like Strootman). He is more attack minded though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Falcao other than at the moment hes having huge trouble finishing, which given prior evidence is a strange problem, he clearly can finish, hes clearly deadly, but not currently for us.

It would surprise me greatly if he didnt turn this around, some of his shots have been baffling though.

P44

Maybe it's the alcohol but I'm fucking wetting myself at you wanting to sign him for that tweet.

I think I woke up in a good mood.

It's quite disorientating.

(I just want to sign him anyway and am just looking for any excuse.)

arkon

Pigeons are a lot more brazen these days I've noticed. When I used to get the train regularly from Sheffield, you'd see the fuckers walking in and out of the waiting areas like they owned the place.

P44

What about Wijnaldum united GAF? Seems like the kind of player you could use (also box-to-box like Strootman). He is more attack minded though.

Honestly, attack minded CM's are what we need really. I still get shivers from sideways passes.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Falcao other than at the moment hes having huge trouble finishing, which given prior evidence is a strange problem, he clearly can finish, hes clearly deadly, but not currently for us.

It would surprise me greatly if he didnt turn this around, some of his shots have been baffling though.

I think now he's getting some playtime, things will pick up as he works his way back into things.

CCS

Banned
Falcao's worth signing, he'll come good in the end. He's like that one not particularly attractive bird who's all over you and eventually you say what the hell and get with her and it turns out she's a freak in bed and gives the best blowjobs you've ever had.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United are considering a £25m bid for Everton right-back Seamus Coleman, 26, who is also wanted by Chelsea. (Daily Star)
Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk is ready to reject interest from Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United in January, with the Premier League clubs readying £10m bids for the 23-year-old centre-back. (Daily Express)
Arsenal are planning a cut-price £4m January move for West Ham defender Winston Reid. (Daily Mail)
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is preparing to meet Sporting Lisbon's £20m asking price to bring midfielder William Carvalho, 22, to the Emirates in January. (Independent)
Diego Simeone is set to disappoint Liverpool and Manchester City by committing his managerial future to Atletico Madrid. (Daily Star)
Crystal Palace are ready to challenge QPR to sign Manchester City midfielder Scott Sinclair, 25. (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool are close to signing West Brom striker Saido Berahino, 21, in a deal worth £23.5m. (Metro)
But the Reds are set to miss out on Bayern Munich playmaker Xherdan Shaqiri, 23 with the Swiss star on the verge of a loan move to Juventus who will have an option to buy him at the end of the season. (Sun - subscription required)
Liverpool's German midfielder Emre Can, 20, is wanted by Real Sociedad's new manager David Moyes. (Daily Mirror)
Chelsea are preparing to make a £7.8m bid for Croatian side HNK Rijeka's forward Andrej Kramaric, 23, in January. (Metro)
QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt, 25, has turned down a move to Serie A side Atalanta in the hope that AC Milan make a bid. (Daily Mail)
Aston Villa are to make a move for Fulham midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen, 20, as a potential replacement for 25-year-old Fabian Delph who is wanted by Liverpool and Tottenham. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Crystal Palace officials are preparing to make a formal approach for Newcastle boss Alan Pardew - but will have to pay hefty compensation with the Londoner having five years left on his contract. (Northern Echo)
Pardew has fuelled rumours linking him with the Palace job by refusing to speak to the press after the 3-2 victory over Everton on Sunday. (Daily Mail)
Former Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich boss Chris Hughton has put his name forward for the vacant managerial posts at Palace and Brighton. (Daily Express)
Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet says he has nothing to prove despite being dropped "indefinitely" last month. (Sun - subscription required)
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has refused to rule out releasing forward Lukas Podolski, 29, in January after the German admitted to being frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities. (Daily Mirror)
Uefa president Michel Platini has used the Dubai International Sports Conference to reaffirm his 'white card' initiative to sin-bin players for "maybe five to 10 minutes" for certain offences, such as play-acting and backchat. (Goal.com)
Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has accused ex-Blues defender Ashley Cole, 34, of going to the press and undermining his authority while he was in charge at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Star)
Former Fulham boss Felix Magath has called English players "a joke" for not being prepared to train twice in a day, but has not been put off managing in England again. (Guardian)
Everton could still face action from the FA after a supporter appeared to shine a laser towards the eyes of Stoke City striker Bojan Krkic, 24, during the Boxing Day defeat at Goodison Park. (Daily Mail)
West Brom boss Alan Irvine could be sacked on Monday after Baggies fans turned on him and his coaches after Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Stoke City made it seven losses in nine games. (Sun- subscription required)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie, 31, drew a blank in the goalless draw against Tottenham on Sunday and then posted a photo of himself on Instagram falling on his neck with the caption "one of those days".

AND FINALLY...
Manchester City are giving opponents the cold shoulder by refusing to heat the seats in the away dug-out at the Ethiad Stadium. (Sun - subscription required)
Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez, 26, says travelling to Champions League fixtures and Chile internationals has distracted him in his attempts to learn English, but insists he learned to speak Italian fluently at Udinese and will "crack" English, too. (Daily Mirror)

Former Fulham boss Felix Magath has called English players "a joke" for not being prepared to train twice in a day, but has not been put off managing in England again. (Guardian)

ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom