• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

barton.gif

Whoever takes over at Newcastle please put in the word to resign Barton. Bring back Nolan and Carroll too. Maybe Habib Beye.

Linius

Have to say, the controls of Inazuma Eleven in a football game are quite complicated. I've only had one short match so far, but it seems a bit overwhelming at the moment. But I think I'm gonna love this game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My manager signed my promotion after I've decided to work on NYE

it's like I'm in a reality game show

tumblr_n1vu3s3Zg81qigluvo7_250.gif

:lol

Been there, m8.

Keatsian moment. “I know the colour of that blood; it is arterial blood. I cannot be deceived in that colour. That drop of blood is my death warrant. I must die.”
the period jokes hurt more than anything ;_;
This is a useful line for many Football matches >.>
specifically Arsene Wenger's Kamikaze sides

My Premier League team at the half way point:

De Gea
Azpilicueta - Terry - Fonte - Bertrand
Hazard -Matic - Fabregas - Sanchez
Aguero - Costa

Subs: Austin, Kane, Downing, Song, Clyne, Ivanovic, Forster

My Premier League team of flops and underachievers at the half way point:

Mignolet
Chambers - Kaboul - Lovren - Distin
Herrera - Gerrard
Schurrle - Ramsey - Markovic
Balotelli

Subs: Salah, Ben Arfa, Henderson, Rio Ferdinand, Sanogo, Adebayor, Mannone

Carbonox

My Premier League team at the half way point:

De Gea
Azpilicueta - Terry - Fonte - Bertrand
Hazard -Matic - Fabregas - Sanchez
Aguero - Costa

Subs: Austin, Kane, Downing, Song, Clyne, Ivanovic, Forster

My Premier League team of flops and underachievers at the half way point:

Mignolet
Chambers - Kaboul - Lovren - Distin
Herrera - Gerrard
Schurrle - Ramsey - Markovic
Balotelli

Subs: Salah, Ben Arfa, Henderson, Rio Ferdinand, Sanogo, Adebayor, Mannone

Good picks. I'd maybe put Mangala over Kaboul though given the price tag as well.

Arnie

Well done Yurt you lovely man you.

I'm waking up with a stonking headache. Getting egg fried rice as soon as the Chinese opens in 30 minutes. Need to shake this hangover off before the afternoon. Have hours of pre-Liverpool drinking to do before Emre Can turns Bony into soup.
Herrera a flop ?

Pure fucking bollocks
Wasn't he like £30 million?

When you look at the likes of Fabregas - and LALLANA - he's a huge waste of money.

Good picks. I'd maybe put Mangala over Kaboul though given the price tag as well.

Mangala is a good shout but I picked Kaboul because he was made club captain by Pottechino and every time I have seen him play he has been so poor I wonder how he even makes the bench.

Herrera a flop ?

Pure fucking bollocks

He cost a lot and has looked average. I expect him to have a similar time at Utd to Kagawa. Sat on the bench being overrated by the fans for a year or two before being flogged back to Bilbao for an undisclosed fee.

Herrera has been one of our best players when he's been on the pitch. I even considered him as the 2nd best player behind Di Maria. If you consider him a flop, you have to consider every other one of our signings as flops.

CCS

Banned
I don't understand why Herrera hasn't been picked more. He's actually been pretty good when he's been on the pitch.

I don't understand why Herrera hasn't been picked more. He's actually been pretty good when he's been on the pitch.

injuries

He had a rib injury that kept him on the bench for a while because when he played a half vs West Brom his performance was terrible. It's important to note that he was wearing a corset at the time so he wasn't 100%.

CCS

Banned
injuries

He had a rib injury that kept him on the bench for a while because when he played a half vs West Brom his performance was terrible. It's important to note that he was wearing a corset at the time so he wasn't 100%.

I see. I find it hard to keep track of which Man Utd players are injured at any given time.

Carbonox

If you had to pick your team's flop of the season so far who would you pick? Gonna be some obvious answers but extra points for your FAVOURITE flop. Does he make you laugh? Does he make you cry?

Remy Cabella is the biggest piece of gash this side of Albert Luque. Ben Arfa would have contributed more.

Riviere gets a runners up medal cos I'm not sure he's even a footballer.

confuziz

Banned
Sometimes I wish I had proper/normal work like you guys.

As a teacher a holiday isn't actually a holiday. It consists of days you can work at home instead of school (grading papers, preparing for the new period etc.).

It's all a big lie.

Wilbur

Banned
If you had to pick your team's flop of the season so far who would you pick? Gonna be some obvious answers but extra points for your FAVOURITE flop. Does he make you laugh? Does he make you cry?

Remy Cabella is the biggest piece of gash this side of Albert Luque. Ben Arfa would have contributed more.

Riviere gets a runners up medal cos I'm not sure he's even a footballer.

So many options :lol

Falcao, RVP, Herrera, Fellaini, Jones, Evans, Smalling, Valencia...

who fuckin knows, they've all been poor at parts. Some of them have had resurrections.

CCS

Banned
So many options :lol

Falcao, RVP, Herrera, Fellaini, Jones, Evans, Smalling, Valencia...

who fuckin knows, they've all been poor at parts. Some of them have had resurrections.

Fletcher's the worst, only one with no redeeming performances at all.

Carbonox

I'd also like to suggest a Phantom D'Opera award. For players who supposedly play for your club but were last seen when North and South Korea were whole.

Facundo Ferreyra would be a good shout for Newcastle. Signed as some legit talent from Latveria or where ever he played last, he hasn't shown up in the first team at all. I think he works in McDonald's now.

L1NETT

Aside from Aaron Mclean, gotta look at flops who cost a bucketload and had high expectations.

Gotta be Mangolalal or Lovren. Mangalalalalal cost the gdp of a small country and looks like a slightly more well built Djimi Traore

P44

I like to think of him as the footballing equivalent of a dementor.

If LVG picks up an experienced CM to rotate with Carrick and 2 experienced defender's (because lets be honest, they're gonna get injured) I'll be happy. Enough kids though, we need some old crusty ass guys who've been there and done that, grab the game by its haunches and hump it into submission.

Like defence is a lot better than say a few weeks ago, but its still a bit unsettled at times. Also whilst young as gotten a lot (a lot) better, Valencia's only improved a bit. He's okay, but when the ball is constantly being sent down the left, rather than the right, its kind of telling who the team has more faith in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom