• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I always mix up Chinatown with Big Trouble In Little China.

They might be the two most different films of all time

Saying that i told my friend to watch snow dogs once thinking it was straw dogs

She thought she was getting a violent thriller

She got cuba gooding jr and some huskies

pulga

Banned
Why don't we hold an official FootyGAF baloondoor award in the OT? Same rules as the real thing, list three players and each one gets a different set of points.

Many community threads seem to be making End of Year awards so eh, just a thought. Might even help getting fresh blood in here.

Probably would get boring seeing either Ronaldo or Messi win it for the foreseeable future though
D5Jy4CR.png

Plus it'll be very similar to the actual award, with a bunch of uninformed asshats voicing their opinion
myyqQEs.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1-Osama bin Laden
2-Hitler
3-Isla

Seriously, someone else come and tell elsk how good chinatown is

Yurt

YURT

YURT

YURT

edit:

1-Osama bin Laden
2-Hitler
3-elsk

Chinatown is one of the GOATEST of all GOATS. The GOAT that defined all GOATS.

terrisus

Blah. I just need a place to chat right now. Been having some bad shoulder/neck/back pain the past week, stemming from twisting my back about a month ago (just turned the wrong way when gettnig into a car, didn't think it was anything too major), which kept bothering me, and I guess I must've done something to have it bother my shoulder as well.

Been doing heating pads, soaking it, taking far more Tylenol than I should, etc. I really need to make an appointment with a doctor. No idea what they would even do though, since it's likely just a strain or something. But, darn, it's hard to sleep for more than a couple of hours without waking up in pain. It's better sitting here in a chair than it is laying down, but still hurts sitting here as well.

This sucks.

Also, what the heck at Liverpool. Middle of the table at the end of the year. Darn, I knew I was going to miss Suarez, and obviously Sturridge being out due to Roy being a moron sucks too... But, man, this season has just been hugely disappointing.
And, my shoulder still hurts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Blah. I just need a place to chat right now.
YO I SLICED MY PENIS OPEN ON CHRISTMAS

I'M SURE YOU'LL LIVE
welcome and feel free to complain all you want about anything in here ;)
If Chinatown was a goatse, it would be the goatsed goatse to ever goatsed. None will dare to spread their butt cheeks that wide ever again
Chinatown is really fucking good elsk
KIDA!

jerry-maguire-youcompleteme-o.gif

How come we never talked about Jerry Maguire before? Peak Renee, 90's movie, absolutely sensational script lead by a young Tommy. It fucking ruined my childhood.

terrisus

YO I SLICED MY PENIS OPEN ON CHRISTMAS

I'M SURE YOU'LL LIVE
welcome and feel free to complain all you want about anything in here ;)

If only I lived in England, and had the glorious NHS.

I mean, I have health insurance here in the US too...
And so it's just a matter of getting to a doctor.
But, everything's so far away here when one doesn't drive >.>

None will dare to spread their butt cheeks that wide ever again

This is a useful line for many Football matches >.>

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Blah. I just need a place to chat right now. Been having some bad shoulder/neck/back pain the past week, stemming from twisting my back about a month ago (just turned the wrong way when gettnig into a car, didn't think it was anything too major), which kept bothering me, and I guess I must've done something to have it bother my shoulder as well.

Been doing heating pads, soaking it, taking far more Tylenol than I should, etc. I really need to make an appointment with a doctor. No idea what they would even do though, since it's likely just a strain or something. But, darn, it's hard to sleep for more than a couple of hours without waking up in pain. It's better sitting here in a chair than it is laying down, but still hurts sitting here as well.

This sucks.

Also, what the heck at Liverpool. Middle of the table at the end of the year. Darn, I knew I was going to miss Suarez, and obviously Sturridge being out due to Roy being a moron sucks too... But, man, this season has just been hugely disappointing.
And, my shoulder still hurts.

welcome, who do you support?

terrisus

Swansea at home is the perfect game to see whether we're actually improving at all

Need a performance and a result tbh

Don't know how much it would actually say about us "improving."
That's the sort of match that we should win.
It's more the sort of match to see if we're really that lost.

A win would just be like, "Alright, that's what we were supposed to do."
A draw or a loss would just be terrible though.

Don't know how much it would actually say about us "improving."
That's the sort of match that we should win.
It's more the sort of match to see if we're really that lost.

A win would just be like, "Alright, that's what we were supposed to do."
A draw or a loss would just be terrible though.

It's the kind of match we haven't been winning all season though

terrisus

It's the kind of match we haven't been winning all season though

Well, sure, I suppose "improving" in that sense.
But, I mean, to be coming off the season we had last year, and to be in the position we are now, it doesn't feel like it would be so much an "improvement" as a "Alright, we're not horrible..."

I would be ashamed to post here too if I was a Liverpool fan. I don't know how LiverpoolGAF do it.

Its fine once you accept a few things

1) Liverpool FC isn't perfect
2) People don't like Liverpool FC
3) The saturation of Man Utd fans combined with 2, and the fact that we constantly fuck up, means that we'll be on the receiving ends of lols more than other fans

You get used to it after a few seasons :p

Cider X

Has Pardew signed for Crystal Palace yet? I must know cos I'd need to adjust my Alan Pardew scrapbook.

I'll need a new GAF avatar if that happens. I hope it doesn't. I never understood the hate he gets from our fans. Mike Ashley is the main issue, not Pardew.

Its fine once you accept a few things

1) Liverpool FC isn't perfect
2) People don't like Liverpool FC
3) The saturation of Man Utd fans combined with 2, and the fact that we constantly fuck up, means that we'll be on the receiving ends of lols more than other fans

You get used to it after a few seasons :p

So just like being an Arsenal fan lol

Salazar

Torres is returning to Atletico Madrid. Wat.

Part of me tried, tentatively, to sympathise with him. Because it can't be easy going from being incredible to being shit, in a very high profile way. It would genuinely, non-trivially fuck with the brain. And him being such a sulky, childishly petulant presence on the pitch was hardly the display of a natural personality - in the way of Suarez, Wise, Shawcross, Muscat et al.

But his it has been such a fucking Wagnerian journey of rancid body language - I would not be remotely surprised if he was a knobhead at Atletico.

lol at the commentary during Arsenal v West Ham - "and Welbeck getting those tap-ins is good news for England". More truly, Welbz not missing a tap-in isn't shit news for England but doesn't really move the needle. Ox, on the other hand, looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom