• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Falcao is a brilliant and true professional, amazing talent, no doubt in my mind he'll come good by the end of this year. I have faith in him, I trust him.

This is how I feel about him as well. And if you've seen him play you know it's true.

Under different circumstances and with less bad luck I have no doubts he'd be one of the league's sensations. I hope he gets enough time to prove me right. =/

GQman2121

Banned
Falcao is damaged goods and Monaco's doctors knew it. They were hoping he would stay fit long enough for United to make an offer.

It's not that much different than what we're currently trying to pull with Milan and Torres who is currently back with us receiving treatment for an ankle injury. Luckily, we've already swindled them into a loan deal that will see out the last two years of his contract at which point we'll wipe ourselves clean of him.

judging from the reactions, im really glad i didn't stay up last night for the match. no falcao either, i've always liked watching him play before.

wouldn't miss the man u vs liverpool match though, the meltdowns will be glorious

GorillaJu

Gomes has the technical ability of Mastour. He only just turned 14 in August so he's as foetus as it gets. I hope players like them turn out to be great players in the future. Football needs magical technical ability to entertain us.

It's true that few are as talented as that kid, but a lot of really technically amazing players go on to be mediocre in real football. Young players are exciting but I don't like to pin my hopes on fetuses.

It's true that few are as talented as that kid, but a lot of really technically amazing players go on to be mediocre in real football. Young players are exciting but I don't like to pin my hopes on fetuses.

I don't just flat out say oh this player will become a star based on a few videos. I'm pretty harsh on almost all of United's youth players. I've only really been confident in Januzaj and Wilson recently. Gomes is an interesting prospect at this point, nothing more. I'll know more about him once he plays for the u18s (a year or two from now) as I would be able to watch him much more. From people that go to games and videos I have seen of him his technique and vision are all at a level that aren't common in kids his age.

He's very talented, but talent alone doesn't turn a player into a star. Attitude, injuries, playing time, etc... can ruin talent as we have seen with Ravel.

True. Sterling was great for a couple of months and has now settled into being mediocre. He should just retire now. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Simeone expects the best Juve of all times tonight.
I'm not sure about that :lol we'll never see the best Juve this season at all because Caceres is permanently injured and Barzagli (!!!!!) is in a comatose state.

I love the Abysswalker but he's not even 20% the player he was last season

same goes for Pirlo.

Marchisio and Pogba are still incredibly gud tho

Bonucci :lol Ogbonnator :lol Evra :lol Current Chiellini :lol PADOIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Llorente is worse than Soldado

I'm not sure about that :lol we'll never see the best Juve this season at all because Caceres is permanently injured and Barzagli (!!!!!) is in a comatose state.

I love the Abysswalker but he's not even 20% the player he was last season

same goes for Pirlo.

Marchisio and Pogba are still incredibly gud tho

Bonucci :lol Ogbonnator :lol Evra :lol Current Chiellini :lol PADOIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Llorente is worse than Soldado

Is going to be a great match. Excited :D

Zabojnik

True. Sterling was great for a couple of months and has now settled into being mediocre. He should just retire now. :p

As long as we all agree who called it first by saying that Sterling peaked last season. Sorry, Hitch, I call 'em as I see 'em.

Simeone expects the best Juve of all times tonight.

laughing-puppets-o.gif

Blablurn

Told ya guys. Reus aint coming. He hates Bayern for some reason. I can see him going back to Dortmund once he failed in Madrid. Or he goes to England then.

Dark Rider

no one actually looks at first post :p

well to put this question to rest this is why I chose this title
I added this section to the OT

--FootyGaf heritage since the dawn of mankind

Note: Link number 1 is the first official thread of the year or the first thread of a specific competition.
Note 2: please add the previous official thread or competition thread link to each new thread.

2004:

Official footy thread
Men European Cup

2005:

Official footy thread

2006:

Official footy thread
Men World Cup: 1 + 2 + 3

2007:

Official footy thread
Women World Cup

2008:

Official footy thread
Men European Cup

2009:

Official footy thread

2010:

Official footy thread
Men Champions League
Men World Cup: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9

2011:

Official footy thread: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5
Men Champions League
Women World Cup: 1 + 2 + 3
Men Club World Cup

2012:

Official footy thread: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18
Men Champions League
Men European Cup: 1 + 2

2013:

Official footy thread: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 + 23
Men UEFA League
Men Champions League

2014:

Official footy thread: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 + 23
Men Champions League
Men World Cup: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11

have fun digging into the bright/dark past of the thread :p

Slizz

I shat on Carrick, was pissed Aguero went to City and probably tons of other hilariously off predictions and contradictions.

Dark Rider

I shat on Carrick, was pissed Aguero went to City and probably tons of other hilariously off predictions and contradictions.

I remember the days when Cristiano was so hated and accused of diving and acting while playing for united, most of the other teams fans hated him back then

Slizz

I remember the days when Cristiano was so hated and accused of diving and acting while playing for united, most of the other teams fans hated him back then

United had that legit hate back in the day. I remember when Nani got gashed open against Liverpool and cried on the pitch and EVERRRRYONE was shitting on him lol.

Now most everyone are friendly and self-aware.

Dark Rider

United had that legit hate back in the day. I remember when Nani got gashed open against Liverpool and cried on the pitch and EVERRRRYONE was shitting on him lol.

Now most everyone are friendly and self-aware.

Arsenal were legit looked at as a possible contender for the league trophy

Blablurn

haha thats awesome

from 2006

I wonder if Ribery will sign with Arsenal before the start of the new EPL season. He did say he wanted to play in the English league and that playing for a French coach would be ideal. Hmm, I wonder what he was implying...

:lol arsenal

Hadareud pls

I'm not a big fan of Ribery, so I hope not. Also, midfield is not a really problematic zone for us with Hleb and Rosicky both being able to play in similar roles

So I'm posting here since 2006. Phew. No big ban yet. I hope it stays like this.

Dark Rider

haha thats awesome

from 2006

:lol arsenal

Hadareud pls

So I'm posting here since 2006. Phew. No big ban yet. I hope it stays like this.

remember that year you played against Getafe in europa league and almost got knocked out but miraculously made it through with a tie in Getafe? :p
bayern gaf went mental that night lol

miserable

man that UCL thread was/is hilarious
so many wrong opinions
so much crow eating

He needs a game in the U21's and then he'll be able to start, simple as that. Falcao is a brilliant and true professional, amazing talent, no doubt in my mind he'll come good by the end of this year. I have faith in him, I trust him.
What I meant is that Rooney is always going to start anyway and now that RvP is scoring he's not going to get dropped either.

jts

...hate me...
man that UCL thread was/is hilarious
so many wrong opinions
so much crow eating
Yeah but in the end, answering to a guy saying that Mourinho will go to United after SAF is done:
Dr Zhivago said:
Nah, Ferguson wants Moyes to take over.
3 years before

It was known.

Jesus, 10 years since 'and the ball falls for GerrAAAAAAAAAAAAARD OH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON! WHAT A HIT'

Don't think we're doing it tonight. Absolutely desperate to be wrong. I know we're not winning it, but exiting at the group stage from such a favourable group is not good enough.

Biggest match of Rodgers' Liverpool career in terms of where he stands going forward. Fail to win and he's standing on very shaky ground, especially with a trip to Old Trafford coming up on Saturday

That second Man Utd goal

Ball hangs in the air for a good 2.5 seconds

Lands inside the 6 yard box

Forster on his line

Werewolf-looking cunt.

Even Mignolet would have come for that. He'd have missed it, but still.

I'd pay so much for MotD's guys to be replaced by James RIchardson and Rafa Honigstein. The PL may not be Honigstein's ral area of expertise, but it doesn't seem to be for Shearer either.

Blablurn

remember that year you played against Getafe in europa league and almost got knocked out but miraculously made it through with a tie in Getafe? :p
bayern gaf went mental that night lol

Oh I remember that night. That was crazy. Fucking Luca Toni who scored in the end <3. I miss Luca Toni.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Loooool white smoke out of my car's engine (the car's equivalent of a red ring of death I think)

Best month ever. Being Europa'd tonight will be the cherry on top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom