• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Martin's writing in most of ASOIAF isn't to my taste, but the fact that so little happens in AFFC makes it really annoying because there's no pay off for trudging through so much verbosity. I just lost interest in everything by the time it was over. My brain was numb. Even the twists and the things I knew were supposed to be huge events just kind of felt like "I read 700 pages and this is all I get?"
I gave up on AFFC and never went back. I had intended to once ADWD came out but I just haven't been able to find the interest. And this is after reading all the other books in a couple of weeks, AFFC just stopped me dead.

Wilbur

Banned
Also, I'm devastated.

In second year of uni one of my screenwriting creative packages was a film where Brian Cox plays Santa and he accidentally causes a christmas tree to fall on a kid and kills him while delivering presents so he gets sent to prison and called a fucking loony and has to deal with all sorts of things like people trying to shank him and then there's a huge siege where reindeers are being shot out of the sky and shit.

I watch Film 2014 and I find out they've made a fucking kids film about Santa going to prison

Fuck off, Get Santa. Mine even had a better title. I was going to call it Nicked.

I've just started GoT myself, on Jon's chapter. I like it, the world-building is incredibly well-done, though it was a bit weird reading this:

his fingers brushed lightly over her budding breasts and tightened on a nipple. "you will not fail me tonight. If you do, it will go hard for you. You don't want to wake the dragon, do you?" His fingers twisted her, the pinch cruelly hard through the the rough fabric of her tunic. "Do you?" he repeated.

Guess I wasnt ready for that so early in the book :lol

Abraxas

Also, I'm devastated.

In second year of uni one of my screenwriting creative packages was a film where Brian Cox plays Santa and he accidentally causes a christmas tree to fall on a kid and kills him while delivering presents so he gets sent to prison and called a fucking loony and has to deal with all sorts of things like people trying to shank him and then there's a huge siege where reindeers are being shot out of the sky and shit.

I watch Film 2014 and I find out they've made a fucking kids film about Santa going to prison

Fuck off, Get Santa. Mine even had a better title. I was going to call it Nicked.

Didn't know you studied film m8. What was it like?

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't know you studied film m8. What was it like?

Ah, I didn't! I did English and Creative/Professional Writing, but this module was split between CPW and Film/Media Studies.

Also, I'm devastated.

You should watch Rare exports : a christmas tale. Best Christmas movie of all time.

Also, I'm devastated.

Nicked would never get past the studio execs. It's too subtle. They would make you change it to Saint Nicked or more likely Saint Nick'd.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sigurdsson, speaking to The Times, said when asked if could fit into Pochettino's high-pressing team: 'That's what we do here.'

And when pushed, he added: 'Yes. Pochettino is trying to bring the style he had at Southampton and of course it's going to take time.

'I'm pretty sure the chairman is going to give him a couple of seasons to get it right.'

The attacking midfielder also revealed he was reluctant to leave Spurs during the summer as he wanted to prove himself at the north London outfit.

'My first reaction was, Gylfi, don't leave Tottenham, it will look like you can't make it to the next level.'

Why couldn't we have given them Paulinho instead :(

Arnie

I can't believe Spurs let Gylfi go and kept some of the dross they still have. Like Paulinho. It's beyond belief.

Still wish we'd got Gylfi in that summer. Would take the lad over Lallana and he's a fraction of the price. A much greater goal threat as well.

Scum

I can't believe Spurs let Gylfi go and kept some of the dross they still have. Like Paulinho. It's beyond belief.

Still wish we'd got Gylfi in that summer. Would take the lad over Lallana and he's a fraction of the price. A much greater goal threat as well.

Daft bugger Levy strikes again. Should have just paid for Vorm and kept Gylfi. Instead, he's going to remind us why it was stupid to let him go.

Facism

Also, I'm devastated.

"sensational"

Arnie

Has anyone here played Unity? Is it any good? Does it change or evolve the formula of the franchise (I couldn't keep playing Black Flag, such a boring game).

This is the part where I get really angry about swapping Sigurdsson for Ben Davies, but he's been decent the last few games so I'll save it for another time

Has anyone here played Unity? Is it any good? Does it change or evolve the formula of the franchise (I couldn't keep playing Black Flag, such a boring game).

If you've played one Ubisoft game you've played them all

ghst

thanks for the laugh
hotel california is engaged in an eternal war with my heart will go on to become the premier lazy MIDI remake anthem for chinese buffets across the nation.

Arnie

This is the part where I get really angry about swapping Sigurdsson for Ben Davies, but he's been decent the last few games so I'll save it for another time

Indeed.

It's bananas. Makes me really skeptical of The Division as well.

Scum

Arnie, pls. You knew the answer well before you asked such a question.

Tomorrow will that other time. :-/

Salazar

I've pissed about in it a bit.

A little annoyed with it, tbh. There are mugs harassing people in the street. The game encourages me to kill them. I jump down there, Zorro-like, and try to pull me sword out. And nothing fucking happens. There seemingly needs to be some kind of contextual threshold crossed before I can fuck hoodlums up. That's not good enough. If I want to do it, and feel like I'm ard enough, that should be it. We don't need to co-operatively establish a Violent Situation. I'm just going to fucking cut em.

Character seems considerably more mobile. You can make laughable fucking jumps.

The absence of fodder on rooftops is absolutely deadening. I do not fucking understand the decision not to populate all those fucking rooftops with idiots to snipe and judo.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Daft bugger Levy strikes again. Should have just paid for Vorm and kept Gylfi. Instead, he's going to remind us why it was stupid to let him go.

I think Swansea wanted Sigurdsson or there wasn't going to be a deal for Davies, so I get why we did it. Really if Lamela were producing this wouldn't be talked about, but we have so many players in bad form that it looks embarrassing. Davies is playing well now so hopefully it works out for the best.

I think it says a lot about our fanbase that most Spurs fans couldn't have cared less when he left but now they look pretty stupid. You always want hard-working players, especially when they have proved themselves in this league. Sherwood is a naive manager but he was right when he cast out certain players for being soft and not caring. Sigurdsson wasn't one of them and sadly we are left with a lot of those that were.

Arnie

I've pissed about in it a bit.

A little annoyed with it, tbh. There are mugs harassing people in the street. The game encourages me to kill them. I jump down there, Zorro-like, and try to pull me sword out. And nothing fucking happens. There seemingly needs to be some kind of contextual threshold crossed before I can fuck hoodlums up. That's not good enough. If I want to do it, and feel like I'm ard enough, that should be it. We don't need to co-operatively establish a Violent Situation. I'm just going to fucking cut em.

Character seems considerably more mobile. You can make laughable fucking jumps.

The absence of fodder on rooftops is absolutely deadening. I do not fucking understand the decision not to populate all those fucking rooftops with idiots to snipe and judo.
Sounds like I'd be happier playing GTA/PES.

Speaking of the latter it's such a Jekyll and Hyde. One minute I'm having a boss 0-0 against Levante, the next Real Madrid or Bayern are just running through me and scoring at will. Through balls are so potent if Ronaldo or Robben are receivin 'em.

Scum

I think Swansea wanted Sigurdsson or there wasn't going to be a deal for Davies, so I get why we did it. Really if Lamela were producing this wouldn't be talked about, but we have so many players in bad form that it looks embarrassing. Davies is playing well now so hopefully it works out for the best.

I think it says a lot about our fanbase that most Spurs fans couldn't have cared less when he left but now they look pretty stupid. You always want hard-working players, especially when they have proved themselves in this league. Sherwood is a naive manager but he was right when he cast out certain players for being soft and not caring. Sigurdsson wasn't one of them and sadly we are left with a lot of those that were.

Yeah. InterTim was spot on there. Oh well. Hopefully we turn up tomorrow no matter what the result.

iatGNMo.png

What what

Valencia -- McNair -- Rojo -- Young
Carrick
Herrera -- Fellani
Rooney
RVP -- Wilson

?

Clegg

Ferguson always tried to have an academy player start against Liverpool. Doubly so if he was a Manc.

Januzaj is morte.

L1NETT

anybody watching Boro Derby?

Lee Grant havin a stormer in goal for Derby. Great double save earlier

Bamford scored early on (kid is Yakubu esque in his ability to always score)...still 1-0 Boro

Fintan

anybody watching Boro Derby?

Lee Grant havin a stormer in goal for Derby. Great double save earlier

Bamford scored early on (kid is Yakubu esque in his ability to always score)...still 1-0 Boro
I hope if Drogba retires next season, that Bamford can come back to be third (or second choice) striker for us. He's clearly very talented, and he's on a great run of form at the moment.

Arnie

PES is brutal online. If I come up against a Real, Bayern or Barca I always drop Lucas into a super-deep midfield role.

Just managed a 1-1 against Bale and Ronaldo. Kolo had a fucking stormer. Intercepted everything.

Elchele

XI: Neuer – Rafinha, Boateng, Benatia, Bernat – Rode, Alonso, Schweinsteiger – Robben, Lewandowski, Ribéry

Nice lineup

El Topo

XI: Neuer – Rafinha, Boateng, Benatia, Bernat – Rode, Alonso, Schweinsteiger – Robben, Lewandowski, Ribéry

Nice lineup

Alonso out, Gaudino or Hojbjerg in please. You know what? Throw out Rafinha and put someone from our youth team there as well.

L1NETT

Derby are a shambles. Can't retain the ball for shit. Nowt sticking to Martin

Boro should be 2/3 up

Ibe and Best came on at HT. Changed little

WJD

Went into Oxford this morning to try and do some Christmas shopping. Ended up having a coffee, wandering round some colleges and buying myself a pair of earbuds.

Probably gonna stick to online shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom