• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember liking Terminator 2 more than both Terminator 1 and Die Hard. But then again last time I watched them I was like 12 years old I think, what the fuck did I know at that age. Actually probably more than you guys, I'm sticking with my opinion. Terminator 2>the rest.

Salazar

He wants to put himself up against the world's best (Douglas).

FPFpBNV.gif

Quiche was not on form on Fifa tonight I'm disappointed to say. I won us a penalty and he missed it.

It was a disappointing performance all round, we must do better.

GorillaJu

Laboured, I'm having these feelings.

Writers shouldn't just do their job and get paid for it. They should spend untold (and, let's face it, unpaid) amounts of time trying to civilly justify themselves to conspiratorially-minded goblin fucks who are DSM-IV-worthily uncomfortable with the existence of any kind of asymmetrically arranged authority (betokening a fucking awful time at school, if they were not brutally homeschooled).

I mean, I'm sure every freelancer out there is just dying to sign into the JUSTIFY URSELF OR FACE CONSEQUENCES grand unified message board.

Hmmm, let me check my messages.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO LIKE. DON'T TELL ME THINGS. GRRRRRRR.

=/

That's not what I'm saying. At least I hope you're not attributing that to me. They don't have to justify themselves, it's just a unique case and I find it strange.

There is no set standard though an thats the problem, games arent being judged for what they are instead they are judged for what they're not or what the reviewer hoped they would be.

They are being judged by all of those criteria.

They're just now being additionally judged in the product's preview state as well, which is fine. Publishers have earned this scrutiny after having released so many broken games recently. Consumers should embrace this, not shit themselves that their console maker may have their pants pulled down.

You're a consumer not a fucking employee/share holder.

Bold One

They are being judged by all of those criteria.

They're just now being additionally judged in the product's preview state as well, which is fine. Publishers have earned this scrutiny after having released so many broken games recently. Consumers should embrace this, not shit themselves that their console maker may have their pants pulled down.

You're a consumer not a fucking employee/share holder.

No they are not, thats my point, the subjectivity of what a reviewer has an affinity for will always trump the objective fact.

As a consumer I am well within my right to admonish a publication that's trying to feed me their inconsistent click-bait bullshit

that being said, pre-ordering is for suckers anyway

Ah you're playing the "they didn't warn me about every bad game ever" card.

I can't help with you with that. Only you can.

I can't begin to tell you how unimpressed I am with the argument that people can't now start doing more critical previews because they haven't done them since the beginning of recorded time.

Bold One

My initial response to Sal was about the review process not the preview

I am arguing the point about pre-orders, you seem to arguing the point about the preview

There seems to be a disconnect between common sense and common practice (pre-orders) here, everyone knows or should know that pre-ordering a product means investing in an unfinished, unproven product. The entire practice is monumentally stupid.

Our 'friends' in the industry have done well to keep shtum up until its reached saturation point.

The Horse has bolted.

Esch

Banned
Deadspin : Nobody wants Fernando Torres

Well, Chelsea have an answer for that, too. Should Milan go through with ending the loan, Chelsea will supposedly offer the striker to anyone who wants him on a free transfer. That's right, the Blues want so little to do with him, they'll literally try to give him away for nothing. The Premier League's best team believes that not having Torres is preferable to having Torres.

Tony-Farmer-Courtroom-Collapse.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I like Aliens more than T2 as well.

I've always thought Aliens is massively overrated. It's a good, fun action flick with one or two dynamite moments... but maybe because I've only ever watched it in such close proximity to the first one it suffers by comparison.

Blablurn

I've always thought Aliens is massively overrated. It's a good, fun action flick with one or two dynamite moments... but maybe because I've only ever watched it in such close proximity to the first one it suffers by comparison.

I'm with you on this one. Never understood the love for it.

Blablurn

Odd. I have a question about Persona 4. I wonder how close I am to finishing it.

I just beat the main guy and now the city is all foggy. Still much to go?

My co-worker is a Brighton fan and a lovely guy, he seems eternally upset about them but doesn't blame Hyypia.

That's because he has a soul, unlike you, you Heavy Rain hating fuck

Partick Klepek just does my head in. 'I saw nothing in the Uncharted demo that justified its existence.'

It doesn't have to justify its existence you dull twat, whatever that even fucking means in this industry, It's reason to exist is to make money for Sony, and that's what it'll fucking do. Existence justified.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's because he has a soul, unlike you, you Heavy Rain hating fuck

Partick Klepek just does my head in. 'I saw nothing in the Uncharted demo that justified its existence.'

It doesn't have to justify its existence you dull twat, whatever that even fucking means in this industry, It's reason to exist is to make money for Sony, and that's what it'll fucking do. Existence justified.
Can we talk about the the EAGLES pls

and how, as far as wizards go, Gandalf is just a glorified Light bulb

GorillaJu

Wut. And i thought i was done

well, "plenty" in terms of hours of your life. You're like 90% through the game.

Did you look up in a guide what the correct answers are? There's a scene in the hospital room where you can decide which ending you go for essentially by making the character express dissatisfaction. Like "I don't think it's over yet..." then you discover who the real killer is. Did you do that?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
well, "plenty" in terms of hours of your life. You're like 90% through the game.

Did you look up in a guide what the correct answers are? There's a scene in the hospital room where you can decide which ending you go for essentially by making the character express dissatisfaction. Like "I don't think it's over yet..." then you discover who the real killer is. Did you do that?
The game sounds really interesting

Love me some whodunit stories

(just in case, don't read this Blablurn)
I remember reading
something about a gas station guy
a while ago :lol

Apparently I started a brawl in a bar over being over charged for a cranberry mixer. I called everyone cunts and shit kicked off. I ended up losing a cashmere scarf

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Apparently I started a brawl in a bar over being over charged for a cranberry mixer. I called everyone cunts and shit kicked off. I ended up losing a cashmere scarf
You talking about writing down your spending for the month makes this post x100 times funnier :lol

'overcharged for a cranberry mixer'
'unexpected loss of a cashmere scarf'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom