• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 million for De Gea sounds fair.

What's this stupid news about United wanting Pique. Why are rumour stories so stupid sometimes.

Also what's this I've heard about PC Master Speed Based Cardiovascular Sports Term being banned from GAF.

Probity

Technically I've been around since around the World Cup, but I never posted and didn't contribute ever besides a few times I talked about hating Pep and not understanding Bla's obsession with him. Then I stopped posting completely and now I am around. Woo.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Fargo is really good. Two episodes left :(

edit: Schweinsteiger injured. fuck this shit

Bild: BVB want Lassana Diarra

in other news, that lady who stole a tv by shoving it up her legs today fled the police by swimming across a river and then running away
i hope someone makes this into a movie

50 million for De Gea sounds fair.

What's this stupid news about United wanting Pique. Why are rumour stories so stupid sometimes.

Also what's this I've heard about PC Master Speed Based Cardiovascular Sports Term being banned from GAF.

It has been some time because of soft moist dudes on gaming side and moderation list.

FootballFan

I don't understand how there are people that enjoy peppermint in their chocolate.

Just disgusting.

It's like adding nutella on top of a pizza(with all its toppings already on)

Makes no sense.

Probity

I don't understand how there are people that enjoy peppermint in their chocolate.

Just disgusting.

It's like adding nutella on top of a pizza(with all its toppings already on)

Makes no sense.

Italians are weird and so are people obsessed with chocolate.

A brave comparison, I love it.

That said, that York chocolate thing is awful and I don't understand how people eat them. Tastes like toothpaste but worse and they buy them. Why?

jts

...hate me...
After_Eight_chocolate_thin_(adjusted).jpg

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

inky

Like, writing the words "PC master race" in a random thread like this won't get you banned.

Going into the Witcher Wild Hunt thread when it comes out, then posting a pic of the PC version and saying: "LOLOLOLOL enjoy your inferior version of the game console peasants, meanwhile I'll be here with the Glorious PC Master Race" most likely will.

It's a dumb, tired meme that had only a couple of funny uses anyway, so why would you be using it if not mockingly anymore?

Italians are weird and so are people obsessed with chocolate.

A brave comparison, I love it.

That said, that York chocolate thing is awful and I don't understand how people eat them. Tastes like toothpaste but worse and they buy them. Why?

Expecting non-Italians to understand us is like asking an ant to comprehend God.

Barzul

Who would you rather have on your team Giroud or Falcao? Serious question. 6 months ago this would've been an idiotic question now I'm not so sure. Giroud has goals against City, Liverpool and United so he can score against top teams which was my biggest criticism of him.

Who would you rather have on your team Giroud or Falcao? Serious question. 6 months ago this would've been an idiotic question now I'm not so sure. Giroud has goals against City, Liverpool and United so he can score against top teams which was my biggest criticism of him.

That's an easy one.

Coq signing that contract, like a new signing. Arsene doing well this transfer window I see.
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

inky

Who would you rather have on your team Giroud or Falcao? Serious question. 6 months ago this would've been an idiotic question now I'm not so sure.

Might as well ask: Which of these 2 strikers is in better form right now? And you have your answer.

A bit of a daft question if I'm being honest.

Salazar

Falcao. It's still an idiotic question.

Was beating City really that much of a tipping point for you ?

wedward

Welbeck

Every month makes Falcao's case look worse. I bet clubs are more wary after Torres. He never came good.

I dont understand this.

Falcao has been good. He hasn't gotten the goals but that's mostly due to our shit midfield situation. His play on and off the ball has been great.

What most Manchester United fans are wondering though if he's worth 60 million, which is an absurdly high price with his age and the fact there's still a lot of positions we need fixing.

It's not like Torres who had some fantastic assists coming his way and him completely flunking it.

inky

I dont understand this.

Falcao has been good. He hasn't gotten the goals but that's mostly due to our shit midfield situation. His play on and off the ball has been great.

Shouldn't bother anymore tbh. For anyone else who has actually watched the matches it's obvious what he has contributed (mostly in creating spaces, chances, assists and holding the ball well) which, as you correctly point out, is not in line with his price tag and disappointing for his role (still better ratio that RVP innit), but perfectly in line with the mediocre job everyone else has been doing due to several factors, including someone like Di Maria, who has missed sitters too or disappears at spots, has been riddled with injury and has been played out of position among other many team failings.

But surely, give it enough time and someone will come out and ask who would you rather have in your team, Cazorla or Di Maria. At least Arnie will back you up with the correct answer.
Which we all know it's Can or some such :p

sohois

I dont understand this.

What most Manchester United fans are wondering though if he's worth 60 million, which is an absurdly high price with his age and the fact there's still a lot of positions we need fixing.

It's not like Torres who had some fantastic assists coming his way and him completely flunking it.

These are the exact things that people would say about Torres, or Liverpool fans would say about Carroll, you know, their defensive headers or off the ball play and so forth.

And when you're dealing with an older player it's very unlikely to be a case of a temporary decline and more likely that they are on a permanent downward slope, regardless if Falcao can get some form in the second half of the season

wedward

Shouldn't bother anymore tbh. For anyone else who has actually watched the matches it's obvious what he has contributed (mostly in creating spaces, chances, assists and holding the ball well) which, as you correctly point out, is not in line with his price tag and disappointing for his role (still better ratio that RVP innit), but perfectly in line with the mediocre job everyone else has been doing due to several factors, including someone like Di Maria, who has missed sitters too or disappears at spots, has been riddled with injury and has been played out of position among other many team failings.

But surely, give it enough time and someone will come out and ask who would you rather have in your team, Cazorla or Di Maria. At least Arnie will back you up with the correct answer.

And Giroud's hold up play is underrated.

These are the exact things that people would say about Torres, or Liverpool fans would say about Carroll, you know, their defensive headers or off the ball play and so forth.

And when you're dealing with an older player it's very unlikely to be a case of a temporary decline and more likely that they are on a permanent downward slope, regardless if Falcao can get some form in the second half of the season

I would agree with you both if we weren't playing

a) 3-5-2

b) a fucking weird strat with Di Maria as a striker which hasn't really worked well.

Both haven't had any of our players playing at their best. I still think he's great. I think he still can score, but I don't think we should buy him if he's 60 million.

wedward

After a year of hearing nothing but Ozil jokes from United fans, one mention of Falcao being a flop and they are acting all sensitive.

After a year of hearing nothing but Ozil jokes from United fans, one mention of Falcao being a flop and they are acting all sensitive.

United's season
(and Falcao's knee)
is hanging by the threads of what formation their glorious leader chooses, of course they're sensitive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom