• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
If Falcao was at Arsenal he would literally disintegrate from injuries.

Gonna take a guess here and say he goes to La Liga somewhere.

All I heard was someone shout Agger! I actually missed the goal because my housemate was flashing her underwear at me.

ieBViOIubAlm1.png

I prefer Caribbean but friend is cray about the triple cask.

I don't drink much whiskey these days. I'm all about my super limited 1 of 500 hundred bottles of 21 year old Glen Elgin though. I will cry when its empty.

Damn Nice. I ain't got no rare shit. Only just started getting into proper scotches.

You need a good striker and he won't struggle forever.

Doubt he'll actually cost 42m either. Monaco aren't actually too well financially.

For 15-20 we might as well buy him. We are gonna need a striker in Summer anyway.

Or let me open up the floor

Which striker would you buy in Summer considering:
RVP is 32
Rooney is a midfielder for life under LVG
Wilson is there, but young unproven and untested for a full campaign

Bold One

I really feel for Falcao since he seems to really want to be here, but the price is just way too high for his age and recent injury record.

K1LLER7

Arsenal, Liverpool and City have all enquired about Falcao.

Hope he has a strong 2nd half to the season and we sign him. Could get him for ~20-25m probably.

K1LLER7

All our strikers have sucked this season.

Rooney should be playing up front instead.

Maybe try:

------------- Valdes (De Gea ;_; ) -------------

Rafa ------ Jones ----- Rojo ------- Shaw

------ Fellaini --- Carrick --- Herrera ----

------------ Mata ----- Di Maria -----

---------------- Rooney ---------

wedward

You need a good striker and he won't struggle forever.

Doubt he'll actually cost 42m either. Monaco aren't actually too well financially.

We wont pay 200k+ a week for a striker that has yet to show he can be the player he once was.

I suspect it is because he isn't.

K1LLER7

That's getting on a par with the 'he tries hard' argument that is used for so many.
Has to be used when the 2 strikers have both been meh :(

RVP really hasn't done much either tbh. He had his little run where he scored but then went missing in games afterwards.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go with Falcao. However I'd rather just push Rooney up front and get Herrera/Blind in midfield instead.

Midfield of Fellaini, Carrick, Mata, Herrera/Blind, Di Maria. Do it Gaal!

Arnie

Falcao would probably be alright in a team that plays attractive, attacking football.

Imagine his hair blowing in the wind on the Battleship's viewing deck.

kharma45

Has to be used when the 2 strikers have both been meh :(

RVP really hasn't done much either tbh. He had his little run where he scored but then went missing in games afterwards.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go with Falcao. However I'd rather just push Rooney up front and get Herrera/Blind in midfield instead.

Midfield of Fellaini, Carrick, Mata, Herrera/Blind, Di Maria. Do it Gaal!

Still more than Falcao has managed. He's started what, 7 out of the last 8 games? He's been anonymous in most and totally embarrassed himself at the weekend with his inability to finish. Reminded me of Mata the game before. In his prime Falcao finished those chances in his sleep. He's showing no signs of the player he once was. Getting into good positions means bugger all if you can't put the ball in the back of the net when it comes your way.

RVP has managed to scrap goals out of nothing this year, like in the Southampton game. When has Falcao looked like doing that?

At the start it was argued he wasn't fit. Then it he wasn't playing enough. Now it's i don't even know what. He simply looks past it. Might bang in a few, but he's no longer a world class £40m+ striker.

Jarnet87

All our strikers have sucked this season.

Rooney should be playing up front instead.

Maybe try:

------------- Valdes (De Gea ;_; ) -------------

Rafa ------ Jones ----- Rojo ------- Shaw

------ Fellaini --- Carrick --- Herrera ----

------------ Mata ----- Di Maria -----

---------------- Rooney ---------

A christmas tree in the prem, you've gone mad killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom