• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Not that long ago I think one of the madrid fans tried to argue with me and say Di maria is not inconsistent, when imo that is his biggest flaw, by a large margin.

Nyx

13.000 tickets sold already for the friendly match against Dortmund tomorrownight.
Just 3.000 more and there will be more people than last Sunday, which was a league-match lol.

scabro

Not that long ago I think one of the madrid fans tried to argue with me and say Di maria is not inconsistent, when imo that is his biggest flaw, by a large margin.

the only consistent season he had was the last one under Ancelotti. I remember some Madrid fans blaming DiMaria for destroying all their attacks whenever he got the ball a few years ago.
Great news for the m8s.

its a new era, coq in, flamini and diaby out

Peco

YEEEEEEEEEESSS KEISUKEEEEEE

exactly.

you're dodging the question, I'm very familiar with this Marotta-ctic

81yc0qm4yyl._sl1500_u6k9x.jpg

Read it.

Lightning

Banned
Everton should either sack Martinez or start sounding out a replacement for next season. Obviously Everton cannot get relegated but they cannot have another season like this and Martinez can't get another chance with that squad. Massive under performance of huge proportions.

Unless Everton win the europa league he needs to be removed.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Everton should either sack Martinez or start sounding out a replacement for next season. Obviously Everton cannot get relegated but they cannot have another season like this and Martinez can't get another chance with that squad. Massive under performance of huge proportions.

Isn't this what happens to every midtable team that accidentally qualify for Europa League? It happened to Newcastle, Swansea and now Everton. If you have to play your best players every Thursday it's going to hurt you.

We made 8-9 changes for the group stages and still had some terrible hangovers. The competition ruins teams.

Sack him and do what?

Their squad was playing at it's peak last season - that was always going to be difficult to replicate with Europa League added to the fixture list. They're below the level they should be at right now but Martinez is a good coach which he proved last season. Even if their season continues as is and they finish 12th they should stick with him.

Clubs like Everton can't get too ambitious and demand too much until they start backing it up with firm investment. What's happening shouldn't be a huge surprise.

KidJr

The Hitcher

Killing them softly is a brilliant film, again it really depends on what you like from a film but I'm quickly learning that I enjoy dialog heavy films, it takes a while to dissect them but there's certainly substance there. You just have to be in the mood for it and dont go in expecting entertainment in the form of action.

The Town, fucking fantastic film. This is how you do fucking bank robbery film, its a simple film but done well. The action pieces are worth the film for alone.

@Vivalaraza

Yeah I agree. Sorry drag the Falcon up again but I actually believe that he's probably still a world class player. My point I was making to my friend last night is that until you're sure beyond a reasonable doubt that he's become Torres-esk you persist with him. Yeah give Wilson a chance to break into the squad but due to the price you paid Falcao should be one of the first names on your team sheet, he was a world class player, in my opinion its your job as a manager to bring the best out of him whether you wanted him or not.

Also liverpool will win today.

I'm fucking petrified of Chelsea. We're better than Swansea, but if Chelsea play anywhere near as well as they did on Saturday, we're fucked regardless.

Cheers KidJr :)

Any of you guys played 80 Days? Want a proper mobile game to play on my breaks at work

Imagine Suarez...

I try not to

Fuck you cunt, I'm not gonna bother next time then

Your response didn't have enough depth

Cheers bruv

One thing putting me off from KTS is the fact that one of the box quotes is from Heat magazine.

Problem with Alien is that I know most of the major incidents through osmosis, whereas I know almost nothing about the others. Really liked Argo, and really like Jake Gylenhaal so The Town and Nightcrawler are definites, if not now, at least when I have holiday next week.

Actually, I'm not sure Nightcrawler is even out on DVD, I forget when it came out in cinemas

Re: mint chocolate, gooey mint like in After Eights is fucking rank, Aeros are boss though

KTS is great, need to rewatch it. lol at being put off by a quote, just watch it m8.

The Town is pretty good, have you seen HEAT tho? GOAT bank robbery film.

Nightcrawler isnt out on DVD yet no. But it's really good.

KidJr

Well they haven't won anything except the Fa cup, so they've got to have something to get excited about :lol

I'm willing to place a bet in an escro/mod only access paypal account that Arsenal win the league in the next two seasons.

Pachimari

I should really begin to watch the Premier League.

Anyway, Odegaard is on the way to Madrid. He will train with our first team, and play for Castilla. Zidane had a pivotal role of him joining us.
I like Zidane's recommendations so far.

Btw, have any of you seen this commercial with James, Benzema, Suarez and Bale? It's funny.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't remember my problem with The Town because I don't remember what happened in it

I think it was the very predictable story trajectory, I don't know.

edit: just watched the ending on YouTube. 0/10

Wilbur

Banned
When you put Di Maria's price tag into the equation, you can see why he's easily described as a flop.

Think it was Wilbur who said regarding Ozil that a player commanding that sort of fee shouldn't become shite when slightly shifted position

Can't remember if it was Wilbur or not, but definitely remember someone saying that.

I did say that. I also said Mata and Kagawa suffer from the same syndrome, and that such little versatility in such talented players is disappointing.

I know wide left and the number ten role are entirely different in terms of defensive diligence (at least the number tens that Ozil and Mata seem to be; not the likes of Oscar), but all three have played wide throughout their careers: Kagawa for Japan, Mata at Chelsea, Ozil for club and country. I think if you're paying 30-40m for an attacking midfielder you should expect them to play relatively well whether they're attacking from the wings or the centre, especially now inside forwards and inverted wingers are so popular.

As for Di Maria, he's proven himself able to play both as a wide attacking midfielder, the tip of a diamond and further back. What he has not shown the versatility to do is play as a striker, which requires a completely different set of skills; playing with his back to goal, having to time his runs perfectly instead of doing what he does best and bulldozing through everyone, looking to get the ball over the top instead of to his feet.

It's very different than what I was alluding to regarding Kagawa, Mata and - yes, Arsenal fans, I did also criticise one of YOUR players - Ozil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom