• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

I don't understand letting him go with some of the dross still on our books. I don't understand the policy of signing talented kids and letting them walk a few years later.

Who exactly should we sell?

We sign talented kids in the hope that some of them make it to be good enough to help LFC. Some help by playing in the first team (Flanagan), while others help by being sold on to provide money for the club (Tom Ince has provided us £750,000 through tribunal).

Sadly Suso has been the later.

L1NETT

nae Ibe for Derby, but still think they will poo poo all over Forest. They have been turkey recently

On Sky now if anyone fancies it.

Linius

At first I thought American Sniper was typical American war stuff, mainly because the flag is so all over the movie posters. But then my uncle showed me the trailer when I visited a couple of weeks back and it actually looked pretty interesting. Obviously now it got a ton of Oscar noms everyone needs to take a dump on it. But I'm still going to see it.

Blablurn

When I played Zabo all was going well today. He had good matches, I had some.

But when we suddenly played Juve vs Bayern everything was going his way. I got no foul calls at all.

I call rigged.

vgSaAmp.jpg

bud

At first I thought American Sniper was typical American war stuff, mainly because the flag is so all over the movie posters. But then my uncle showed me the trailer when I visited a couple of weeks back and it actually looked pretty interesting. Obviously now it got a ton of Oscar noms everyone needs to take a dump on it. But I'm still going to see it.

it's a clint eastwood movie.

it deserves to be pooped on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Joke post?
He's right :lol

My opinion won't be influenced by the amount of nominations it got. Let's see, it's too early to poop on it, but let's just say that the tip of my poopberg is already dangling outta my asshole

Rikkun

Yeah, one of a couple of reasons I avoid the cinema recently.

Fucking destroys alot of cinema feeling having like 30+ little screens with full brightness on....

It doesn't happen here, I'd punch everyone.
People talk, or laugh, or applaude, and that's already enough for me to get mad.

Linius

no.

well.

sort of.

i didn't care for anything post-mystic river.

Letters From Iwo Jima, Changeling and Gran Torino were pretty great. Invictus and Flags of Our Fathers were alright too. Don't care for the rest.

And then there's Mystic River indeed. Also Unforgiven, Pale Rider and Bird. The man made a good bunch of more than decent movies.

El Topo

The trailer got me interested as well, then I read some reviews and decided to check the Wikipedia page. Yeah, eh, no, don't need that kind of movie.

Godan

ArsenalGAF

Have you read the news this polish kid might start at Man City.

Ive been really dismissive of him tbh, I usually have a drink in celebration of a new signing like my own welcoming ritual etc. didn't even do that with this kid. However he's gone straight into the first team and noemi hear he may start, gunna go watch some videos of him and come back completely knowledgable.

Surely not lol.

Has he not only played like 5 senior games for his old club?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Now I know why everyone hates Rafa, what a bitter fucking tiny little fat spunkbubble

The Coach spoke at a Press conference ahead of Sunday’s trip to Lazio, but was asked about his comments following a 3-1 Juve victory.

“It’s easy now. You just need to go on the Internet and search for these words: Buffon, Juventus, Marotta, Lazio, Sampdoria, Allegri, Muntari and Milan. The result will be: ‘It can happen.’”

This was the phrase Benitez said he had been taught in the wake of Juventus games, that contentious decisions were considered acceptable, if not the norm.

“We weren’t born yesterday, this phrase says it all. You have more experience of Italian football than me. You know the big clubs have to win and every now and then... ‘it can happen.’

“Technology in football would certainly help everyone. It’s true football is wonderful because anything can happen, but there does need to be more precision.

“Are we worried about Rizzoli officiating tomorrow? He’s a world class referee, we are relaxed.”

Please fuck off back to England

How about we talk about how you crashed out in the CL qualifiers

Why are you 13 points behind us after spending 100 million

Why are you so fat

Wilbur

Banned
I can't name that many directors that made more than 10 good films. But Clint is one of them.

Haven't seen that one yet.

He's made 6/7 good films for me. Tarantino, Fincher, PTA have all made far less films and have a much better hit ratio.

Linius

He's made 6/7 good films for me. Tarantino, Fincher, PTA have all made far less films and have a much better hit ratio.

I think we're a bit different in what makes someone a good director. To me the people you name in your post are the greats. The stand out directors that rarely miss a note and pretty much always deliver. Then there's a sea of just good directors who made a fair bunch of good movies over the years. And then you have one hit wonders like M. Night. And everything below that.

So yeah, if a certain director has been making movies for over 25 years and managed to make 5 or more good ones he's a good director in my book. Just not worth of any hype since you never quite know if it will be something good.

Zabojnik

Fuck off to Spain, you fucking bald cunt.

When I played Zabo all was going well today. He had good matches, I had some.

But when we suddenly played Juve vs Bayern everything was going his way. I got no foul calls at all.

I call rigged.

vgSaAmp.jpg

You come at the king, you best not miss.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we're a bit different in what makes someone a good director. To me the people you name in your post are the greats. The stand out directors that rarely miss a note and pretty much always deliver. Then there's a sea of just good directors who made a fair bunch of good movies over the years. And then you have one hit wonders like M. Night. And everything below that.

So yeah, if a certain director has been making movies for over 25 years and managed to make 5 or more good ones he's a good director in my book. Just not worth of any hype since you never quite know if it will be something good.

He's made some good films, but nothing I'd say was truly excellent. Mystic River probably comes closest. Decent director.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck off to Spain, you fucking bald cunt.

You come at the king, you best not miss.
No, no, let him fuck off back to England. I wanna see Gaal and Mou shit down his throat, let's see what excuse is he gonna come up with this time

Not sure tbh.

Don't look very 'elite'
5-2 now. Good performance against a good team. This team is bubbling along nicely, goals have been a problem but could go on a decent run in the FAYC. Demetri Mitchell to come back too who's probably the best attacker in that age group.

Yen

Just remember, the real-life American Sniper only joined the army because he wanted to kill brown people (seriously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom