• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Howard's pretty good.

I dunno, I guess my standards are different. I don't view mediocrity very harshly so long as it's attempting novel concepts and not just a ponderous greying headache.

Loooooooool WHAT?!

There's a sniper antagonist btw, bit silly.

- The real Kyle reportedly described killing as "fun", something he "loved" and wrote in his biography: "I couldn't give a flying fuck about the Iraqis."

- The real Kyle was reportedly happy to trade on his reputation and even embellish the tale. The Daily Telegraph reports that after leaving the military in 2009, Kyle went from being "a faceless killer to his enemies" to "a minor celebrity in the US, featuring on the cover of Soldier of Fortune magazine and appearing on chat-shows". The Telegraph adds that "the biggest feeder of the legend was himself".

- In Kyle's autobiography he claimed to have killed two carjackers in Texas, sniped at looters during Hurricane Katrina, and punched a former governor, Jesse Ventura, in the face. None of that was true and Eastwood leaves out that part of the story.

- In the film, Kyle spends a good deal of his time peering through the cross-hairs at his elusive rival Mustafa, a Syrian sniper and former Olympic marksman. While there was a real Mustafa, he's mentioned only in passing in the book and he and Kyle had no interactions.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
- The real Kyle reportedly described killing as "fun", something he "loved" and wrote in his biography: "I couldn't give a flying fuck about the Iraqis."

- The real Kyle was reportedly happy to trade on his reputation and even embellish the tale. The Daily Telegraph reports that after leaving the military in 2009, Kyle went from being "a faceless killer to his enemies" to "a minor celebrity in the US, featuring on the cover of Soldier of Fortune magazine and appearing on chat-shows". The Telegraph adds that "the biggest feeder of the legend was himself".

- In Kyle's autobiography he claimed to have killed two carjackers in Texas, sniped at looters during Hurricane Katrina, and punched a former governor, Jesse Ventura, in the face. None of that was true and Eastwood leaves out that part of the story.

- In the film, Kyle spends a good deal of his time peering through the cross-hairs at his elusive rival Mustafa, a Syrian sniper and former Olympic marksman. While there was a real Mustafa, he's mentioned only in passing in the book and he and Kyle had no interactions.
Seriously that 'rival' storyline is beyond silly, B movie stuff.

choodi

Banned
id say jedinak and milligan are our best combo for mid. from the limited game time i saw, aussies were long bombing it???

Not really long-balling, just......shit. Kept turning the ball over, kept making bad decisions.

I mean, Cahill came on and we started playing short corners and delivering crosses on the ground. Just a lack of maturity.

Africa Cup of Nations is finally starting today, anyone watching it? Shame that Morocco didn't want to host it after all :/

I fucking will be. Black Staaaaaaaaaaaaaars

Just excited that Amartey is going to be there. Although Ghana will probably use him in defense and not midfield as we do.

eKqaOvF.jpg

0VJMn57.gif

Sr4uvyn.gif

Also he's so good at tackling that he sometimes scores goals from it

EpmeAp1.gif

UzVKX4y.gif

What a man. The only hope for Copenhagen.

Clegg

5-2 now. Good performance against a good team. This team is bubbling along nicely, goals have been a problem but could go on a decent run in the FAYC. Demetri Mitchell to come back too who's probably the best attacker in that age group.
Thought City's defending was shocking at times, but a wins a win.

First time properly seeing Mensah play too. Looked good.

That's a red card, not a goal...

Clearly not by the score.

We got both our CB's sent off in the first half anyway

Also in the other gif you can see he only blocks the path of the ball with his right foot, and the left isn't even close to hitting him. Good tackle m8.

Rikkun

Now I know why everyone hates Rafa, what a bitter fucking tiny little fat spunkbubble

Please fuck off back to England

How about we talk about how you crashed out in the CL qualifiers

Why are you 13 points behind us after spending 100 million

Why are you so fat

Did he search on the internet how to lose weight

Rikkun

No because getting fat can happen

It can happen

“We weren’t born yesterday, this phrase says it all. You have more experience of carbohydrates and sugar than me. You know the fat fucks have to eat and every now and then... ‘it can happen."

Rikkun

Good directors don't change that much, and they don't pick up such trash.

The title alone says enough, sounds like an 80s flick with Michael Dudikoff.

I'm actually kinda reclutant to seeing it, I mean... Eastwood directing a movie called "American Sniper"? How deep and meaningful could it be?

Now I know why everyone hates Rafa, what a bitter fucking tiny little fat spunkbubble

Please fuck off back to England

How about we talk about how you crashed out in the CL qualifiers

Why are you 13 points behind us after spending 100 million

Why are you so fat
I won't discuss the decisions in that game, because we've already been over that, but I hope ADL shocks everyone this summer by nabbing Bielsa, Klopp, or Conte as a replacement for him. Our squad is too talented to be wasting time playing like we have been.

Rikkun

I won't discuss the decisions in that game, because we've already been over that, but I hope ADL shocks everyone this summer by nabbing Bielsa, Klopp, or Conte as a replacement for him. Our squad is too talented to be wasting time playing like we have been.

Oh God

Just imagine Conte at Napoli

The endless whining
The Juve bashing

There would be too much blood. Take Bielsa, we'll take Kloppo keep Allegri

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm actually kinda reclutant to seeing it, I mean... Eastwood directing a movie called "American Sniper"? How deep and meaningful could it be?
His rival sniper is now jumping from rooftop to rooftop, while wearing his signature bandana. 5 mins ago we got a shot of him bored in his flat waiting for the Americans while playing spin the bullet with himself, with a picture of his glory days in the Olympics hanged on his wall

Eastwood has gone senile

Please bring Bielsa to Italy, he'd be fucking wonderful. We already know he's a bit unsettled in France

Lender

I fucking will be. Black Staaaaaaaaaaaaaars

Just excited that Amartey is going to be there. Although Ghana will probably use him in defense and not midfield as we do.

eKqaOvF.jpg

0VJMn57.gif

Sr4uvyn.gif

Oh man that goal was so frustrating. Luckily Vazquez equalized in a brilliant way as well.

FuturusX

Clint Eastwood is a hack director with the taste and judgement of a man that thought it was a good idea to hold a debate with a chair.

Hixx

Defoe starts!

3-5-2

NOT AGAIN WE GOT BEAT 5-1 WHEN WE LAST PLAYED 3-5-2 FOR FUCKS SAKE

"Rodwell, Larsson and Johnson the middle trio"

We are going to get fucking BATTERED

Yen

"@LFC: Confirmed #LFC line-up v @AVFCOfficial: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Borini"

Lallana, Ibe, Jordan Williams on the bench. No Gerrard or Balotelli.

#MUFC team: De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Valencia, Carrick, Mata, Blind, Rooney, Di Maria, Falcao

#MUFC subs bench: Manchester United Valdes, Evans, McNair, Januzaj, Herrera, Fellaini, Wilson.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh shit, ADEBAYOR SIGHTING!

#THFC team: Lloris (c); Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Dembele, Stambouli; Chadli, Kane, Eriksen; Soldado

#THFC subs: Vorm, Davies, Naughton, Capoue, Paulinho, Townsend, Adebayor

We've shown a real contempt for Sunderland by starting Soldado. Fazio and Kaboul are both ill, this is a big game for Dier and is his first start in a while.

Not very impressed Cahill is starting over Zouma but never mind

MiguelDelaney: Chelsea team: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

Chelsea: Cech, Iva, Cahil, JT, Luis, Matic, Cesc, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Costa.
Subs: Tbo, Zouma, Mikel, Rami, Salah, Remy & Schurrle.

Why the fuck is Cahill starting again.
JzKGOjM.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
.@Dr.Sal

I did and it's genuinely much better than this :lol the tone of the movie is different, here American Sniper is trying to be gritty and it's just as silly as Jack Wilshere's attempts at being captain grinta

"@LFC: Confirmed #LFC line-up v @AVFCOfficial: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Borini"

Lallana, Ibe, Jordan Williams on the bench. No Gerrard or Balotelli.

B7fFHo0CcAE9-uM.png

I got to apologize to Liverpool fans, Totti is very good at making players look better than they are and getting them bought by other clubs. Apologizes also to Spurs and whoever ends up buying Destro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom