• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabro

My mum is friends with his mum. I was at their house when he was like 11 (I was 16 iirc, not sure why I went with, think we were just passing through before going to my cousin's). I remember that his dad was really proud, had loads of photos of him playing for Arsenal, spoke about his goalscoring records, etc.

Anyway, he had Def Jam Fight for NY for the PS2, so I could tell he was a smart person. That's why I think he'll stay.

please tell your mom to call his mom and tell him to make the right decision

Really good article on Diaby on the Guardian website.

I feel so sorry for him, clearly very talented when he's fit. I remember him beasting against Liverpool two seasons ago, was awesome to watch.

:(

its sad :( got his career taken out from under him before it even started.

Injured. :((( man I miss him.

hes actually back! came back to training a few weeks ago i think.
Probably a part of the reason we loaned out Campbell.

please tell your mom to call his mom and tell him to make the right decision

its sad :( got his career taken out from under him before it even started.

hes actually back! came back to training a few weeks ago i think.
Probably a part of the reason we loaned out Campbell.

Sweet, he is so exciting to watch. Hopefully he has worked on his wild shooting

jts

...hate me...
CHICKEN ON PIZZA?

Tuna on anything?

This list is disgraceful.

Tuna, onion and a raw egg yolk as it leaves the oven
4TfeeGW.png

A proper pizza tonno.

Screw u hicks.

I've been spiking my coke at work today
CNB1W6d.png

Ameobi signed for Palace?

Sanogo and Ameobi. The dream team.

Will probably score more goals than Fletcher and Defoe knowing our luck.

Not expecting goals from him, but I don't think he needs to either. I think our tactics and squad are expected to get more goals from our midfielders then before. The Jordon Mutch signing is an indicator of that.

Awesome news that FFS Murray has signed a contract extension also.
4TfeeGW.png

Scum

"Dragon Dogma Online? Fuck off, Capcom!"
"You suck, Capcom!"
"More like Crapcom!"
"F2P suxxxorrr!11"
"Capcom are dead to me!"
ngDCi9a.png

Dragon's Dogma Online 1st Trailer

"Sold!"
"That's amazing!"
"Looks great!!"
"Better get a Western release!"
"Hype!"
"Day one!"

iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

CCS

Banned
"You suck, Capcom!"
"More like Crapcom!"
"F2P suxxxorrr!11"
"Capcom are dead to me!"
ngDCi9a.png

"Sold!"
"That's amazing!"
"Looks great!!"
"Hype!"
"Day one!"

iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

Gaming side tends to overreact to everything stupidly.

scabro

on the team news…
The squad will be exactly the same as last Sunday. The only uncertainty we have is Alexis Sanchez who has a hamstring concern, and that will be decided on Saturday. He might be out for Sunday. The only [other] difference is that Gabriel is available and we’ll check him how he is physically but he should be alright to be available.

OH GOD

IT HAS BEGUN

CCS

Banned
I've said it many a times. Most of them don't play games anymore. They play a numbers game instead.

People complain about use of the word hivemind, but it really is like that sometimes. If "Ubisoft" or "F2P" or something else like that is said, most of gaming side seem to just enter automatic mode without even reading what's been written.

Esch

Banned
Sanchez noooooooo

Bet it was bringing him on in the cup that did him in.

i remember some interview where wenger was saying that 'he was in the red zone' for injuries but 'some people just tolerate it well', better than others.

We absolutely need him for Tottenham and Monaco.

inky

"You suck, Capcom!"
"More like Crapcom!"
"F2P suxxxorrr!11"
"Capcom are dead to me!"
ngDCi9a.png

"Sold!"
"That's amazing!"
"Looks great!!"
"Hype!"
"Day one!"

iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

Gaming side for you.

Is it a single player game again? Is it offline? Is it coming to PC? Is the first one getting a PC release?

No? Then I'm still firmly in the first camp. Cacpcom sucks.

scabro

i remember some interview where wenger was saying that 'he was in the red zone' for injuries but 'some people just tolerate it well', better than others.

We absolutely need him for Tottenham and Monaco.
lol i think i remember that

wenger you fool

Esch

Banned
In the red zone? Fuck it and play him anyway.

lol i think i remember that

wenger you fool

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/05/arsene-wenger-arsenal-alexis-sanchez

Alexis Sánchez’s workload is taking a visible toll, according to Arsène Wenger. The Arsenal manager is aware that the Chilean, whose relentless energy has been such a major part of his dazzling start to the season, has played almost every game since he joined the club after a busy summer at the World Cup.

“He is in the red zone,” Wenger said. “You can see that when he plays but he can dig deep. He played his 27th game on Wednesday since the start of the season, if you consider international games and travelling on top of that. Unfortunately you never know how far you can push it. We are not scientific enough to predict that completely but he has good recovery potential. He recovers very quickly.”

dUlMFSY.png

Razor554

tumblr_niwsgmmBkJ1ry3rxao6_250.gif

Damn i love Neymar. Barca is so lucky to have him and his signing will be the only good thing Rosell and his lackeys managed to do when in charge, even if it meant that we had to pay 40 million to Neymar senior :lol.

Bold One

Dragons Dogma Online makes no sense for Capcom especially since Deep Down is essentially the same thing...

Starting to see why that company is tanking

Meier

I saw confuziz mention Strootman was dead. I didn't see if it was mentioned why he said this -- turns out he is having another operation done on his knee and they'll remove fibrous tissue and check on the ligament. Poor guy. He's out for at least a month due to the surgery but obviously that's a best case scenario.

inky

Dragons Dogma Online makes no sense for Capcom especially since Deep Down is essentially the same thing...

Is that still a thing? To be honest, I just assumed it was silently cancelled after the delays and lack of news. In my mind, it was never really a game, just an ever changing tech demo. The sci fi twist looked like the worst idea ever.

Yes, it makes even less sense now, but I guess Deep Down is still aimed at the western market. Ironic, considering Dragons Dogma was supposed to be their Skyrim like thing to get that western money.

I guess not.

Rikkun

They have been tanking for 10 years.. I don't know how people still expect things from them.
They're way worse than Sega yet people just don't give a shit and always get hyped.

Chelsea are ready to make a late approach to West Ham for forward Enner Valencia.

Mirror Sport revealed last week that the Blues could turn to the 25-year-old Ecuadorean after failing so far in moves for Fiorentina’s Juan Cuadrado and Shakhtar Donetsk winger.

Fiorentina insist Cuadrado will not leave unless his £26.8m release clause is triggered. Shakhtar have asked for £30million for 24-year-old Costa.

West Ham, however, will rebuff any attempt by Chelsea to prise away Valencia this month.

Chelsea are understood to be prepared to offer striker Loic Remy in part exchange.

Mirror

Looool such BS, would be a fucking weird decision to get rid of Remy even as a like-for-like when we have other areas which are a bigger concern

The_Poet

Banned
I went to drivers awareness course yesterday (doing 34mph in a 30 zone..) and Harry Redknapp was there, shook his hand and said the worst thing Spurs did was let you go. He laughed it off, but I think he thought the same.

I reckon he got done for talking to too many people out of his car window while driving.

pulsemyne

Yay time to download the prime trilogy.

Also swansea interested in buying Jack Cork from Saints. Not a bad buy if we get it.
Also apparently reps for Gomis have been going around and approaching clubs asking to buy him. The ungrateful tosser has a starting spot in the swans for the rest of the season and can make his mark. I hope we leave him go.

confuziz

Banned
Oh..strootman alive again

Kevin Strootman ‏@Kevin_strootman 14m14 minutes ago

It's nothing serious and I will be back on the pitch as soon as possible 4/4

KidJr

@ CCS - I couldn't advise anything more than to do machine learning orientated degree or do some modules. My advice (depending on where you're doing it) they will tell explain the fundamentals, but they rarely explain the math behind it. Learn the math, ML is such a buzz word the moment but anyone can easily pull something from an open source library without understanding the math behind them.

Which is fine if your going down the more Compter Science route, but the real value comes from being able design prototype algorithms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom