• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

How did you do yesterday

Got Borini to score first and the Newcastle vs Saints score right. :p

...and that was it.
l1x61OA.png

Blablurn

David de Gea PLUS £50million to get Gareth Bale to Manchester United?

No idea why Real bought Bale then. This guy has so much potential.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United have begun a complex £100m deal to sign Real Madrid's 25-year-old midfielder Gareth Bale - with David de Gea, 24, heading to the Bernabeu. (Sunday People)
But according to another report, Real are ready to make a world-record bid for De Gea, with no Bale involvement. (Daily Star Sunday)
Meanwhile, United will attempt to renegotiate the £43m transfer fee they agreed to pay Monaco for Radamel Falcao, 28, should they decide to keep the striker beyond his season-long loan. (Daily Telegraph)
Tottenham Hotspur have renewed interest in Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, 25, who is out of contract in the summer. (Mail on Sunday)
Everton manager Roberto Martinez will meet Samuel Eto'o, 33, this weekend to discover his plans as the striker edges closer to leaving Goodison Park. (Mail on Sunday)
Manchester United and Chelsea have been handed a transfer boost as the wife of Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric, 29, is unhappy in Madrid and could play a major role in her husband's return to the Premier League. (Sunday Express)

OTHER GOSSIP
Bayern Munich midfielder Arjen Robben was reportedly bitten by a crocodile when retrieving a ball from a lake during his team's training camp in Qatar. The 30-year-old was left with a bandage around his "heavily bruised thumb, middle and ring fingers". (Bild - in German)
West Brom manager Tony Pulis, who has run two marathons, climbed Kilimanjaro and cycled from John O'Groats to Lands End, is to row from Tower Bridge to the Eiffel Tower for charity. (Sunday Mirror)
Manchester City midfielder James Milner, 29, says becoming a dad is inspiring him - and he relishes being a father figure in the club's dressing room. (Sun - subscription required)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
New Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes, 33, posted a picture of himself "with my friend Radamel 'Tigre' Falcao" while hailing "another great victory" for his team at QPR.
After his side came from two goals down to beat Burnley 3-2, Crystal Palace's 24-year-old striker Dwight Gayle tweeted: "Great comeback from the boys and pleased to get double figures. Nice to repay the travelling fans."
Southampton midfielder Eljero Elia, 27, posted a picture of himself in the dressing room with his man-of-the-match award after scoring twice in his team's 2-1 win at Newcastle.
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, 25, was delighted by his side's 2-0 win at Aston Villa. He said: "Three points again! Team's getting stronger each game. Soon I'll be amongst it all."
Following a 2-0 defeat by Manchester United at Loftus Road, QPR midfielder Karl Henry, 32, tweeted: "Shame about the result today but if we play like that for the rest of the season we will be ok. That means away games too."

AND FINALLY...
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal posed for a 'selfie' with a 'lookalike' young fan following his team's win at QPR. (Sunday Express)

Probity

When I watch my FIFA stream on Twitch I kinda wish I was more invested into the whole Ultimate Thing mode. Its fun to watch other people create teams.

On the other hand those pople spend a lot of money to get there. When I played Ultimate Team it went waaaay slower. The game basically forces you to spend even more on FIFA coins.

The MyClub Mode in PES seems alright. But having no Transfer Market where u can sell or buy players makes it more boring. Plus you need to grind a lot for having the money to extend contracts. This is just too much work in the end.

I just have a hard time playing either of them in general, since it really doesn't feel fun ever. I mostly play normal manager mode and occasionally as a player, but it feels too bare in PES and too repetitive in Fifa, which makes playing football games difficult.

My problem with Ultimate Team is how restrictive it is and how much it feels like a mobile game at times, which it ironically is now lol. MyClub is alright, but just like a lot of things in PES it feels bare, coupled with what you said.

Blablurn

I just have a hard time playing either of them in general, since it really doesn't feel fun ever. I mostly play normal manager mode and occasionally as a player, but it feels too bare in PES and too repetitive in Fifa, which makes playing football games difficult.

My problem with Ultimate Team is how restrictive it is and how much it feels like a mobile game at times, which it ironically is now lol. MyClub is alright, but just like a lot of things in PES it feels bare, coupled with what you said.

Glad to see another person with a similar mindset about all those things. Man... I miss the days where I had fun with football games. Maybe I'm just burnt out.

:/

Probity

Glad to see another person with a similar mindset about all those things. Man... I miss the days where I had fun with football games. Maybe I'm just burnt out.

:/

I think that's my problem right now. But the real issue is more along the lines of lacking innovation. While you can't change the fundamentals of a football game, you can make it interesting. Like career mode needs an overhaul. For some reason EA and Konami are blind to the potential in a football career mode, but so are most companies with sports titles. I've been thinking it a while but a real sports RPG could be an extremely solid title, manager or player mode.

That's just me though. I play mostly career in FIFA and PES so maybe there is a bias coming from my frustrations with their lack of change in regards to their potential.

GHG

Arsene Wenger: No Arsenal defender signing would be 'risky'

Perfect, I need to bookmark this link so I can remember what an idiot he is when we sign no defender, and have back 4 of Bellarin, Chambers, Monreal, Flmaini start in the CL

Why the fuck is he just making enquiries?

Put the fucking cash on the table and say we want this guy and you will sell him to us because you can't resist this amount of money. Who the fuck makes enquiries in this day and age? You need to show that you are serious.

Next thing you know, a player we "enquired" about gets sold to another club and wenger comes out and says "we almost signed them but their club ignored our enquiry, what can you do?".

What you can do is fuck off.

Blablurn

I think that's my problem right now. But the real issue is more along the lines of lacking innovation. While you can't change the fundamentals of a football game, you can make it interesting. Like career mode needs an overhaul. For some reason EA and Konami are blind to the potential in a football career mode, but so are most companies with sports titles. I've been thinking it a while but a real sports RPG could be an extremely solid title, manager or player mode.

That's just me though. I play mostly career in FIFA and PES so maybe there is a bias coming from my frustrations with their lack of change in regards to their potential.

I guess one problem is also the fact that they dont dare anymore. EA is in a nice comfort zone where the game sales like crazy because of the way it is. On the other hand I'm sure the PES team is suffering from a restricted budget due to not being a big time seller anymore. And I dont know why they went with the Fox Engine. The more I look at the players the more I dont like the look of them. They just dont look very natural. Except maybe the big superstars.

Probity

I guess one problem is also the fact that they dont dare anymore. EA is in a nice comfort zone where the game sales like crazy because of the way it is. On the other hand I'm sure the PES team is suffering from a restricted budget due to not being a big time seller anymore. And I dont know why they went with the Fox Engine. The more I look at the players the more I dont like the look of them. They just dont look very natural. Except maybe the big superstars.

Yeah, I hope it changes one day, or I will just make some mediocre indie sports rpg and it will be great. You're not wrong with PES though, or the Fox Engine. I don't have a clue what the issue is. The skin is disturbing for me, every time. The hair is mostly dreadful looking, the jerseys have too solid a look to them, like they aren't affected by light. The closeups of most players make me upset, but in motion it still feels pretty nice.

Blablurn

Yeah, I hope it changes one day, or I will just make some mediocre indie sports rpg and it will be great. You're not wrong with PES though, or the Fox Engine. I don't have a clue what the issue is. The skin is disturbing for me, every time. The hair is mostly dreadful looking, the jerseys have too solid a look to them, like they aren't affected by light. The closeups of most players make me upset, but in motion it still feels pretty nice.

Yeah, the skin looks off because there is almost no texture on it lol. And the hair... its like they use the same material for all the different styles haha.

oh man.

jts

...hate me...
noooooo ronaldooo

Admittedly, he even missed his fair share of goals.

I got proper bantered FF m8

jts

...hate me...
Bloody Cristiano...

So overrated lol

Just admit you love Cristina.

El balloon door y nada más.

Can't really complain though, as I did nothing attacking wise.

Good games m8.

Now it works. Maybe for good.

btw, I couldn't understand a word lol. Sound on TV is proper bad, volume was low to coz here is the wee hours.

And my PS4 headset is back in Finland :(

Its the New Zealand internet connection
Nah, was legit. I also won though ;p

FootballFan

noooooo ronaldooo

Admittingly, he even missed his fair share of goals.

I got proper bantered FF m8

That's true but the fact he got those shots from the dribbling and skills is bs lol.

Good games though. Both games had much worse internet connection for me compared to our first match the other day....(yesterday?)

But at least it worked lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Last week

Whiplash: a lovely little movie and engaging from start to finish. It was surprisingly tense giving the subject matter, and funnily enough, more so than American Sniper :lol you know your sniper movie is shit when watching a drummer is more tense than anything in your shower of shit

American Sniper: One of the worst movies I've seen this(last) year, honestly, absolute fucking shit show. I don't know if it's Clint Eastwood's fault or if the story was just remarkably boring and as flat as Kompany's forehead. Some really COMICAL moments with the Syrian OLYMPIC WINNER anti-Bradley antagonist. Sienna Miller numnumnum. No idea why Bradley was nominated, the only thing he did was get fat?

the most interesting part of his life was only mentioned in text. Spoiler > only read it if you know his story
they don't know show how he died

The Imitation Game: it wasn't as shit as I expected, but it wasn't great either :/ just floating in limbo in between. Was really turned off (and disgusted) when I found out that most of his story was made up/hollywoodized.

Boyhood: Remarkably unremarkable. Loved the idea and Ethan Hawke's performance way more than the movie itself. The story wasn't so great, but I guess that was kinda the point? It was just a boy going through the motions.

Taken 3: Really really crap, even by Taken standards
I hate playing jerks at five-a-side.

40 minutes of utterly childlike lip.

One of the reasons why I stopped playing five-a-side :lol

jts

...hate me...
That's true but the fact he got those shots from the dribbling and skills is bs lol.

Good games though. Both games had much worse internet connection for me compared to our first match the other day....(yesterday?)

But at least it worked lol
2 days ago.

Maybe there's a difference depending on who's inviting? Like the one who invites hosts the game and suffers less.

PES 6 online was jokes with this. One half you hosted, game fluid as hell. Other half the other guy hosted, more stutter than a... well, I don't really have the vocabulary to make a joke here. Maybe facism could.

It was funny in the first game when the ball got kinda stuck under my player on the ground and you were trying to kick it. Reminded me of Hazard vs Swansea kid.

He's solid.

He is pretty solid. The only concern is hes pretty slow and is coming off a broken leg. But apparently we had a scout at an Espanyol game last week and he was pretty good. Weve survived with Merte so whatever.. he wont cost more than half a Chambers at worst.

edit: damn it KidA

I was on whoscored and I see he has played in two games this year, did he have big injury? typical Wenger.

I don't know shit about remastered version m8

Fair enough

Put the fucking cash on the table and say we want this guy and you will sell him to us because you can't resist this amount of money. Who the fuck makes enquiries in this day and age? You need to show that you are serious.

Next thing you know, a player we "enquired" about gets sold to another club and wenger comes out and says "we almost signed them but their club ignored our enquiry, what can you do?".

Yeah, how we handle transfers is a joke. I remember reading that Ashley laughed Dick Law out the door at Newcastle and something similar happened when we were after a goalkeeper a few years back.

At least we seem to be getting better at dealing with transfers from big clubs like RM and Barca. But the Manolas flop transfer shows we still can't do the deals when Wenger wants to try and get "value"

They play it very safe with the movie but its cute. Baymax just steals the show.

He looks adorable.

Manuel Neuer's Tackle 35 Yards out from Goal During Bayern Munich vs. Al Hilal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOBVFl4hfw&feature=share

#Revolutional #Redefining #BetterThanBuffon

i really wish I could find always sunny gifs.
Pickle party episode when Mac say I am gonna kill you, you son of a bitch.

Neuer is nowhere near as good as peak Buffon, it is why he needs to try and "reinvent" the position because he isn't as good at the basics. I would rather have Buffon as a 17 y.o than Neuer now

FootballFan

Do you prefer the original voices or the dub? I always prefer the source material in anything and I feel the same about db. I don't know about ff though.

I like both. But prefer English in DB, so I don't have to look at subtitles too often and can concentrate on the gr8ness.

Do you prefer the original voices or the dub? I always prefer the source material in anything and I feel the same about db. I don't know about ff though.

For most new animes I watch with the original voices. But things like Dragonball Z and Gundam were always shown with dubs when I got home from school so it always feels normal watching them like that.

I don't mind watching DB in japanese. I am tempted to watch DBZ next time in Japanese because I heard it makes Vegeta sound a lot less like an angry old man.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neuer is nowhere near as good as peak Buffon,

how good can he really be, he's German

mac-laughing-it-s-always-sunny-o.gif

don't think they were into football back when Buffon was the greatest goalkeeper to ever walk this earth :lol Gigi is not as infallible as before clearly and Neuer is now better, but one is at his peak and the other is on his death bed, not sure how is it fair to compare them :p it's like making fun of Fat Ronaldo for not scoring 30 goals anymore

how good can he really be, he's German

mac-laughing-it-s-always-sunny-o.gif

don't think they were into football back when Buffon was the greatest goalkeeper to ever walk this earth :lol Gigi is not as infallible as before clearly and Neuer is now better, but one is at his peak and the other is on his death bed, not sure how is it fair to compare them :p it's like making fun of Fat Ronaldo for not scoring 30 goals anymore

Neuer would have had a tough time making the top 5 in Serie A back then :D

Probity

Damn, harsh criticism. Seems a bit exaggerated.

Who cares how good he'd have been years ago? I guess it's hard to look at the present when the last time Italy was worth watching was almost a decade ago.

what the fuck, WHAT DO YOU MEAN 450+ CALORIES in a White Mocha? No wonder my stomach is turning

ain't nobody got time for Germans, except for Inter, because they ain't got time for Italians :lol

Yurt, no milk coffees after breakfast. I go Latte and then espresso through the rest of the day.

So depressing seeing only one Italian start for Inter yesterday and now he is dead.

wedward

Why haven't United or Barca signed a good defender?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, no milk coffees after breakfast. I go Latte and then espresso through the rest of the day.
I don't even have time to eat breakfast ;_;
So depressing seeing only one Italian start for Inter yesterday and now he is dead
Who? The Frog? I don't think he was alive at any point in his career. A stillborn since birth
it's hard to look at the present when the last time Italy was worth watching was almost a decade ago.
I'm not sure you even know what you meant by that :lol
Who cares how good he'd have been years ago?
is this German Humour again?

1364032607938636535.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom