• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
we're getting shit from Germans, of all people. Damn, we really are shit now then ;_;

anyway this is getting pretty childish, as usual when Bayern GAF is involved :lol

ref.gif

I'm pulling away

Probity

Those posts came out completely different than how they sounded in my head. Sorry, I'm exhausted. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow when my brain wants to work.

Probity

Neuer is overrated though.

A bit, yeah, but he isn't undeserving of the praise. I'm enjoying how defenders and keepers are getting more attention as time goes on, a nice change of pace from strikers all the damn time.

The only reason Neuer is so highly rated is that he is entertaining to watch on a good day, and he's good at a wide variety of things. Still, compare him to other keepers right now and tell me they're better with no doubts, it isn't all that wrong with him.

wedward

A bit, yeah, but he isn't undeserving of the praise. I'm enjoying how defenders and keepers are getting more attention as time goes on, a nice change of pace from strikers all the damn time.

The only reason Neuer is so highly rated is that he is entertaining to watch on a good day, and he's good at a wide variety of things. Still, compare him to other keepers right now and tell me they're better with no doubts, it isn't all that wrong with him.

He is probably the best keeper currently playing.

Buffon was better though.

People love Neuer because he comes out of the box.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My last car caught fire :D fuck the 458
what's with Ferraris catching on fire? It's really embarrassing. I heard some horror stories about the 458 too!

Dunno about talk shows, but of the high profile ones, I probably like Kimmel the least. Leno was the absolute worst and Conan and Lettermen are both the best.
Buffon overrated?
your newfound appreciation for juve brings a tear to my eye ;_; ;_; ;_;

Go_Ly_Dow

Why the fuck is he just making enquiries?

Put the fucking cash on the table and say we want this guy and you will sell him to us because you can't resist this amount of money. Who the fuck makes enquiries in this day and age? You need to show that you are serious.

Next thing you know, a player we "enquired" about gets sold to another club and wenger comes out and says "we almost signed them but their club ignored our enquiry, what can you do?".

What you can do is fuck off.

"Hello, it is Arsene here. We are enquiring about the availability of *Insert any player* transfer"

"Sorry we don't think we will sell them."

"OK no problem. Thank you for your time".

Probity

I can't take this Italian festival of love anymore, I'm going to take advantage of the fact I am about to pass out before I have nightmares.

Hope we meet in Euro 2016 so you can finally lose against us you pasta-obsessed fashionistas.

Blablurn

Ronaldo: "Atletico Madrid don't play attractive football."
Diving and scoring penalties is a part of an attractive football.

I love how some of Madrid GAF have adopted his character lol.

"Hello, it is Arsene here. We are enquiring about the availability of *Insert any player* transfer"

Then he will tell the press five years later how he could have signed that player.

there isn't one actually, especially here, Shanks is just trying to wind you guys up

Me? Never :p I love our German overlords. Better them ruling us than the English. :D

Blablurn

lol. there was a 500h mario kart stream last year. i watched it from time to time. it was fun. made by a couple. but for some reason they havent done anything since then.

so i decided to check what happened.

apparently shortly after the marathon the two went on a trip to summer games done quick. an event where streamers come together for a good cause.

apparently one night the wife started drinking, and the husband who was a mormon asked her to leave the party.

she refused and so HE left the party.

on the next morning he heard that she cheated on him.

big time.

apparently she slept with like 5 guys at that night (some say up to 20 lol) and sucked a lot of dicks as well.

holy shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wooooodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Mohamed Salah’s agent confirmed talks with Roma and “it’s very likely he’ll leave Chelsea on loan.”

The Egypt international is thought to be negotiating a loan move worth €1m with option to buy at the end of the season for €15m (£11.4m).

According to Tuttosport, the sticking point is that Chelsea want a clause put in forcing Roma to complete the transfer when Salah makes his 10th appearance for the club.

“It’s very likely he’ll leave Chelsea on loan,” agent Oliver Kronenberg told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I spoke to Roma, but the cost of the operation is very high. He is on big wages at the moment and would like to maintain them. We’ll wait and see what happens.”
well thanks for being honest loooool

CCS

Banned
lol. there was a 500h mario kart stream last year. i watched it from time to time. it was fun. made by a couple. but for some reason they havent done anything since then.

apparently shortly after the marathon the two went on a trip to summer games done quick. an event where streamers come together for a good cause.

apparently one night the wife started drinking, and the husband who was a mormon asked her to leave the party.

big time.

apparently she slept with like 5 guys at that night (some say up to 20 lol) and sucked a lot of dicks as well.

holy shit.

Go big or go home :lol

Why the fuck is he just making enquiries?

Put the fucking cash on the table and say we want this guy and you will sell him to us because you can't resist this amount of money. Who the fuck makes enquiries in this day and age? You need to show that you are serious.

Next thing you know, a player we "enquired" about gets sold to another club and wenger comes out and says "we almost signed them but their club ignored our enquiry, what can you do?".

What you can do is fuck off.
Hot damn

The hammering is still to come

CCS

Banned
Arsene Wenger seems like he'd turn up at a store on Black Friday wanting a TV, spend hours fighting his way around the store trying to make sure he got the absolute best deal possible, then when he realised they were all gone he'd panic and buy a fridge instead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsene Wenger seems like he'd turn up at a store on Black Friday wanting a TV, spend hours fighting his way around the store trying to make sure he got the absolute best deal possible, then when he realised they were all gone he'd panic and buy a fridge instead.

lord help me

GHG

This is almost exactly how I envisage it. Only he wouldn't even bother to pick up the phone, or even email, he would send a fax instead.

I was on whoscored and I see he has played in two games this year, did he have big injury? typical Wenger.

Fair enough

Yeah, how we handle transfers is a joke. I remember reading that Ashley laughed Dick Law out the door at Newcastle and something similar happened when we were after a goalkeeper a few years back.

At least we seem to be getting better at dealing with transfers from big clubs like RM and Barca. But the Manolas flop transfer shows we still can't do the deals when Wenger wants to try and get "value"

The only reason we were able to get ozil and sanchez was because they were surplus to requirements at Madrid and barca respectively. Its all good and well enquiring for players when you know the selling club needs to sell some players to fund a new big signing, but its a completely different situation when a club are not in a position where they have to sell someone.

You would have thought that he would have learnt from all the times we have been shafted in the transfer market and have had to sell players against our will but alas...

He needs to understand that nice guys finish last in the modern transfer market and that he needs to be willing to play dirty if he wants to get the players he wants. But that would mean going against his principles so we will forever be fucked in the transfer market with him in charge.

That's where Dein was good, he would just get the names from Wenger and then do the dirty work in the background to get the deal done.

Why haven't United or Barca signed a good defender?

Neither are in the same desperate situation that we find ourselves in. We have just 2 proper CB's in the whole senior squad. The fact that we actually went into the season in that situation is a sackable offense in my book. We are more desperate for a new CB more than possibly any other club in world football and there is only one man to blame here.

CCS

Banned
Serious question for BundesligaGAF: I don't really follow German football much, how did Dortmund become shit so quickly?

dc89

big time.

holy shit.

Young couple from USA?
I think I watched them stream a Pokemon X & Y stream once - they did that for 500 hours too.

What was the channel name Bla, I need to know this.

Edit: ShowVideoGames?

Serious question for BundesligaGAF: I don't really follow German football much, how did Dortmund become shit so quickly?

- many key players injured
- lack of proper pre-season because of the WC and the injuries
- Klopp's system depending on a good pre-season
- lots of individual mistakes
- after a few losses, the team has completely lost any confidence

CCS

Banned

Ahh, okay. Thank you :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
-mutilated by depraved rich Bavarians

So Liverpool are signing Falcao? That could be fun to watch.

I read all transfer rumours, even the weakest and weirdest, as the absolute truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom