• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Missed all the United formation talk so I tracked back and I saw no Fellaini in those formations.

United Bros pls. HE IS VITAL. OUR BENZEMA.

--------------- De Gea --------------

Rafa/Valencia - Jones - Rojo - Shaw

-------------- Carrick -------------
-------- Fellaini ----- Herrera/Mata/Blind
-------------- Di Maria --------

----------- Rooney - Falcao ----------

Watched highlights of the United match. Falcao should be finishing those chances but have to give credit to the keeper and defender for some of those saves and that little touch. At the moment I prefer Falcao > RVP just because he's more active around the pitch, holds the ball well and gets into good positions. I honestly think the finishing will come the more he plays. He also showed some good linkup with Di Maria, who is 1000x better playing deeper.

Great to see Wilson grab his goal too. Very good finish. Look forward to watching him play in the FA Cup game. Hopefully Herrera and Wilson start too.

Suen

What the fuck Toronto FC signed Giovinco?

Yurt, zabo, why
The fat fucker Ghirardi said he had even encouraged Giovinco to go abroad. That little cunt could have played for us and shown he is still class. At least be there on a loan for half a year and build his status and catch the eye of other clubs but no, he insisted to warm Juve's bench. The bald rotten midget cunt can now fuck off to Canada and play in his shitty below Tippeligaen cunt league.

Go fuck yourself Giovinco, and fuck your career as well. I hope someone ram the money so far up your arse that you start shitting out dollar bills. Fucking cum twat.

FootballFan

Hey everyone,

I made a stupid chrome extension for footygaf today. It's called "Welcome, who do you support?" and hopefully it'll make it easier to find out which team a gaffer supports. The data is from "The leagues" and "The Members" section of the OP. So if there wasn't a badge there, I just assumed you or didn't exist. That sucks for now but if you PM with your team,and ( if it's not already in the OP) a 72x72 pixel icon of your club's badge, I'll include you/your team.

No ETA on when I'll make the changes or add things like multiple teams cause this was just a side project to learn how chrome extensions work, but I'll do my best to keep it updated as frequently as possible. Also, if you find a bug or think of a cool feature, hit me up and I'll try include it eventually.

Anyway, here's a link and a screenshot so know what it's like:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/welcome-who-do-you-suppor/hpdgimakgkmppbobjhicgjdkncjnjplm?authuser=1
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/3vx7eVT1fmj3LwLpxjYQ8GIuGU4mN-s7El0dw46iqDPVe8sn91QXwQXKHd4eqksBAAsmUkzQIA=s640-h400-e365-rw[IMG][/QUOTE]

Personally I wouldn't add the option of multiple teams but that is awesome either way.

FF, I was looking on Amazon at DB box dvds and they are the digitally remastered editions. Do you know if they are good???

Also there are 5 seasons?

---

Beating Wilbut in Fantasy head to head this week, although disappointed not to make greater gains in the GAF league, only jumped one place. Hopefully, Capo Sanchez tears City a new one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why do we always play so late? Because MONEY isn't it? UGH

really can't blame Giovinco, that's a bit more than 6 million Euros per season, and he'll never get anything close to that anywhere else. Just take the money and run, you'll never be whatever you think you're gonna be in this life
e ram the money so far up your arse that you start shitting out dollar bills.
can you imagine? Now how awesome would that be! I'd tip terrible waiters with my asshole
Mann is well overrated
Don't even think Heat's anything better than decent.
YES!
I also remember public enemies looking weird when I saw it back then
his excessive use of filters melts my brain
Anyway, here's a link and a screenshot so know what it's like:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/welcome-who-do-you-suppor/hpdgimakgkmppbobjhicgjdkncjnjplm?authuser=1
3vx7eVT1fmj3LwLpxjYQ8GIuGU4mN-s7El0dw46iqDPVe8sn91QXwQXKHd4eqksBAAsmUkzQIA=s640-h400-e365-rw
:looooooooooool

FootballFan

FF, I was looking on Amazon at DB box dvds and they are the digitally remastered editions. Do you know if they are good???

Also there are 5 seasons?.

There are indeed 5 seasons. Unfortunately I do not know the difference between the remastered one compared to whatever else is out there.

But I am pretty sure the other alternatives would be cut up episodes with missing content, no option to choose between japanese/english audio, or even worse, you'd be looking at getting VHS versions lol.

So I'd be confident in saying that would be the most preferred option, but I don't know for sure, so I'd ask google or KidA.

There are indeed 5 seasons. Unfortunately I do not know the difference between the remastered one compared to whatever else is out there.

But I am pretty sure the other alternatives would be cut up episodes with missing content, no option to choose between japanese/english audio, or even worse, you'd be looking at getting VHS versions lol.

So I'd be confident in saying that would be the most preferred option, but I don't know for sure, so I'd ask google or KidA.

Ok cheers, I will give KidA a shout when he is online.

Also Freaks and Geeks is getting really good. I couldn't stand the characters in the first episode, but their acting gets better and they really grow into the roles. Funny how in episode 1 I thought Franco's character was great and by episode 6 he is a complete cunt

Probity

I miss too many sitters in PES. It makes no sense. I'm about to go play some Fifa because this game is so infuriating sometimes, but in a good way.

FootballFan

Ok cheers, I will give KidA a shout when he is online.

Also Freaks and Geeks is getting really good. I couldn't stand the characters in the first episode, but their acting gets better and they really grow into the roles. Funny how in episode 1 I thought Franco's character was great and by episode 6 he is a complete cunt

Yeah Freaks and Geeks is gr8.

Let's play FIFA, FF.

Ok, let's give it a shot. I'll go on now.

Missed all the United formation talk so I tracked back and I saw no Fellaini in those formations.

United Bros pls. HE IS VITAL. OUR BENZEMA.

--------------- De Gea --------------

Rafa/Valencia - Jones - Rojo - Shaw

-------------- Carrick -------------
-------- Fellaini ----- Herrera/Mata/Blind
-------------- Di Maria --------

----------- Rooney - Falcao ----------

Watched highlights of the United match. Falcao should be finishing those chances but have to give credit to the keeper and defender for some of those saves and that little touch. At the moment I prefer Falcao > RVP just because he's more active around the pitch, holds the ball well and gets into good positions. I honestly think the finishing will come the more he plays. He also showed some good linkup with Di Maria, who is 1000x better playing deeper.

Great to see Wilson grab his goal too. Very good finish. Look forward to watching him play in the FA Cup game. Hopefully Herrera and Wilson start too.

How could you forget about Adnan? The little cunt is reduced to being a Fellaini cheerleader and you didn't even hope for him to start?

Just kill me Moyesgri

Blablurn

I miss too many sitters in PES. It makes no sense. I'm about to go play some Fifa because this game is so infuriating sometimes, but in a good way.

PES is so strange. Call me crazy but its not as responsive as FIFA. The defending is atrocious and the forwards never make runs. With FIFA it always felt like I was in control.

Unless the whole momentum change started. That fucked the game up as well.

Probity

PES is so strange. Call me crazy but its not as responsive as FIFA. The defending is atrocious and the forwards never make runs. With FIFA it always felt like I was in control.

Unless the whole momentum change started. That fucked the game up as well.

I have so many odd issues with PES. The Goalkeeper AI makes some odd decisions at sharp angles, the defenders don't track back really, the runs on the left side are weak, and the passing is inconsistent. The keeper does a lot of things I don't understand sometimes, like running out at poor times when I don't call for it or punching the ball right back to the opposition.

The passing is weird in that it sometimes chooses for me, but incorrectly. I can't name how many times a pass attempted to the side went backwards instead or generally right to an opposing player, which is extremely odd.

There does also feel like a delay, and the lag makes pacy passing extremely difficult at times, I feel at the mercy of the game.

Probity

Fuck Badstuber. Never going to be in my starting 11 ever again. in pes.

Edit: Alright, So yeah, it has only ever happened when I have Badstuber in my starting lineup, but he gives up too many balls for attacking players, just sort of loses it regularly in this game. I don't know what it is.

Besides his failures, the problem I have on defense is that it feels so chaotic. Like it is impossible to pass on defense, the game always switches to the wrong players, most passes out end up right back in the other team's feet, and the whole thing just feels like a mess. When on the break, nobody tracks back manually, the coverage is a travesty, and everyone feels extremely slow if the pass is made correctly. As for tackling, the slides are inconsistent, and so are the fouls. You get away with some stuff but other times you get a yellow, and hardly ever get nothing. The only really good thing I think that I like about PES is the midfield play, it is mostly pretty good and feels natural.

Blablurn

I have so many odd issues with PES. The Goalkeeper AI makes some odd decisions at sharp angles, the defenders don't track back really, the runs on the left side are weak, and the passing is inconsistent. The keeper does a lot of things I don't understand sometimes, like running out at poor times when I don't call for it or punching the ball right back to the opposition.

The passing is weird in that it sometimes chooses for me, but incorrectly. I can't name how many times a pass attempted to the side went backwards instead or generally right to an opposing player, which is extremely odd.

There does also feel like a delay, and the lag makes pacy passing extremely difficult at times, I feel at the mercy of the game.
All this is true.

jts

...hate me...
Jts/jtb pls.

I just followed some instructions to telnet into my router to enable some sort of a gamer mode, rebooted, it went fine, so I sent you an invite.

When I test the connection though, still says NAT type 2, so I have little faith that this will work.

Pls accept.

Tubie

Fuck, why is the Madrid game so fucking early? I'm probably going to miss it.

Florentino's going for that Asian market hard this season. We've played in this time slot way more than any other La Liga team this season.

scabro

Any good?
He is pretty solid. The only concern is hes pretty slow and is coming off a broken leg. But apparently we had a scout at an Espanyol game last week and he was pretty good. Weve survived with Merte so whatever.. he wont cost more than half a Chambers at worst.

edit: damn it KidA

Blablurn

When I watch my FIFA stream on Twitch I kinda wish I was more invested into the whole Ultimate Thing mode. Its fun to watch other people create teams.

On the other hand those pople spend a lot of money to get there. When I played Ultimate Team it went waaaay slower. The game basically forces you to spend even more on FIFA coins.

The MyClub Mode in PES seems alright. But having no Transfer Market where u can sell or buy players makes it more boring. Plus you need to grind a lot for having the money to extend contracts. This is just too much work in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom