• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Went bonkers last night. Was on cloud nine after The Reds. Felt like I had half a shoreditch Jazz bar singing for Brendan Rodgers.

Off for a massive scran then I can enjoy the evening game. I've never wanted a City win so badly. Need to make our win count somewhere and I'd love to turn the heat on Arsene.

Up The Reds. Playing well. Scoring goals. Getting points. Signings being great. Team being great. Fans being great. Manager being great.

Shove that philosophy up your arse.

King_Moc

Banned
Went bonkers last night. Was on cloud nine after The Reds. Felt like I had half a shoreditch Jazz bar singing for Brendan Rodgers.

Off for a massive scran then I can enjoy the evening game. I've never wanted a City win so badly. Need to make our win count somewhere and I'd love to turn the heat on Arsene.

Up The Reds. Playing well. Scoring goals. Getting points. Signings being great. Team being great. Fans being great. Manager being great.

Shove that philosophy up your arse.

Definitely feels like a corner's been turned. I'm still having flashbacks to that Leicester game though. Hopefully Sturridge can help though. Very happy we're this close to Arsenal and Utd considering how shit we've been. If we keep up decent form to the end of the season, I can see us pipping both of them.

Hixx

Arsenal are missing a big piss
o3abnfi.png

The strange thing about Ronaldo these days is that he scores without being particularly convincing in other aspects of his game. He's turned into an out and out goalscorer.

Yen

Definitely feels like a corner's been turned. I'm still having flashbacks to that Leivester game though. Hopefully Sturridge can help though. Very happy we're this close to Arsenal and Utd considering how shit we've been. If we keep up decent form to the end of the season, I can see us pipping both of them.
Have to play away to Arsenal, Chelsea and Saints unfortunately which could be our undoing in our outside chance at fourth.

Arnie

Definitely feels like a corner's been turned. I'm still having flashbacks to that Leivester game though. Hopefully Sturridge can help though. Very happy we're this close to Arsenal and Utd considering how shit we've been. If we keep up decent form to the end of the season, I can see us pipping both of them.
I have no doubt we'll beat both.

Seriously.

We're winning far more games until the end of the season; only reason we're a few points behind is because of the horrendous start.

They're playing gash football and struggling mentally.

We've got Markovic at wingback and are having fun.

GHG

Just over 3 hours to go and I'm scared of what city will do to us already.

Hope Ozil doesn't start to he honest.

King_Moc

Banned
Have to play away to Arsenal, Chelsea and Saints unfortunately which could be our undoing in our outside chance at fourth.

We'll lose to Chelsea, not so sure on the other two though. If we had any kind of recognised goalscorer on the pitch against Arsenal the other week we'd have won comfortably. I know they'll be at home and all, but even so, I can't see them turning it completely around.

Arnie

Come on Horse, back to back wins vs Sunderland and Villa is nothing to scoff at.
Since Boxing Day we've taken 13 from 15, and played nice football doing it, with new signings making massive contributions.

Sorry that we don't all want to moan at our manager, berate our players and tirelessly grumble about the way we play football.

We just want to enjoy what's ostensibly meant to be enjoyable.

Goes for you as well, Horsey.

Purdy

Seriously.

We're winning far more games until the end of the season; only reason we're a few points behind is because of the horrendous start.

We'll get done by any team with half decent finishing if we keep us these second half performances

Since Boxing Day we've taken 13 from 15, and played nice football doing it, with new signings making massive contributions.

Sorry that we don't all want to moan at our manager, berate our players and tirelessly grumble about the way we play football.

We just want to enjoy what's ostensibly meant to be enjoyable.

Goes for you as well, Horsey.
I was sticking up for you.

How rude.

Seriously though - be happy. It's good to be happy. But Liverpool's next 5 games will determine how far you've come around this corner. I've come to know a lot about them lately.

Come on Horse, back to back wins vs Sunderland and Villa is nothing to scoff at.

It's truly remarkable how much better their defence looks against the two lowest scoring teams in the league.

Wins against Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth and Leicester prior to that. It's almost like their form is related to the utter dross they've played.

Salazar

having fun.

We've mined right down to the core of Brendan Rodgers's real, fundamental identity as an over-ambitious, ingratiation-obsessed PE teacher.*

*Who took philosophy electives at Loughborough.

^^^ This is Gaal too, innit. Minus one or two layers of slimy public relations desperation.

Seriously.

At this point, I'd give Arsenal, Liverpool and United the same amount of chance to qualify for CL.

Liverpool does look better though, but not by a big margin.

scabro

We've mined right down to the core of Brendan Rodgers's real, fundamental identity as an over-ambitious, ingratiation-obsessed PE teacher.*

^^^ This is Gaal too, innit. Minus one or two layers of slimy public relations desperation.

and art!
rodgers1_2332799c.jpg

Gaal was a PE teacher after all.

Arnie

Wouldn't go full steam ahead yet, Arnold.
Fuck that.

My brain doesn't work that way. I'm absolutely going full steam ahead. I'm skipping to the cafe. If I refuse to enjoy the present because of what may be around the corner I'm doing it all wrong.

Don't mind looking a tit on here; become quite adept at it.

I just think we'll keep winning until we're playing some Brazilian team in the Club World Cup.

I get the Brendan Rodgers thing.

But then, like, he's absolutely without a doubt the most enjoyable manager I've ever seen at Liverpool.

I revel in his Brendanisms. From wingers at the back to inverted wingers in the front. He's sensational. Letting us just have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom