• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't think that United side was anywhere the greatest but frankly, that season was just fucking exciting. Fergie time at its best

Feel like that was Fergie trademark. He had a way to instill the we have to win mentality in the team even if they weren't the best side overall they would get the win.

Sheringham was good yeah, but Ole.

Yeah, I don't think that United side was anywhere the greatest but frankly, that season was just fucking exciting. Fergie time at its best

You don't think the treble winning side were anywhere near the best?

Which United sides do you consider to be better?

Clegg

Only side that's comparable is the 07-08 version. Won the league and CL. Excellent keeper and defence. A midfield that could control most games, speed in attack and two of the best young footballers in the world.

98-99 was the dogs tho. Scholes scoring 40 yardeds, Beckham with a billion assists and Keane cementing his status as the most dominant central midfielder in world football.

Zabojnik

I enjoyed it, a solid 8/10 action horror which has some 9/10 moments.

Just don't expect the second coming of Resident Evil 4 and you'll be fine.

I approve of this post. Even though I didn't think Wolfenstein was, in the end, all that. Still the best shooter I played in years though.
I don't play shooters.

Clegg and Cartoon said it, 2007-2008.

What I'm trying to say though it was nowhere near some of the best teams ever. We had a lot of close calls that season.

A lot.

I think United 2006-2007-2008 maybe

Only side that's comparable is the 07-08 version. Won the league and CL. Excellent keeper and defence. A midfield that could control most games, speed in attack and two of the best young footballers in the world.

98-99 was the dogs tho. Scholes scoring 40 yardeds, Beckham with a billion assists and Keane cementing his status as the most dominant central midfielder in world football.

Yeah the 07-09 side would be the nearest, maybe better. It's a toss up.

But the treble side not even close. That's clearly not right.

I think United 2006-2007-2008 maybe

Manchester United 2006 got beaten by Copenhagen.
4TfeeGW.png

Clegg and Cartoon said it, 2007-2008.

What I'm trying to say though it was nowhere near some of the best teams ever. We had a lot of close calls that season.

A lot.

Maybe it's not as good as the Barcelona team of recent years but other than that it's a match for anyone IMO.

This was back when the CL had a second group stage and our squad wasn't even that big. We only used about 19 players regularly and they won everything. (Okay we didn't win the LC but whatever)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can't comment on the treble 90s side unless you were old enough to watch them yo

Or watched their whole games on VHS I guess

noal

Banned
Sheringham was good yeah, but Ole.

Plus the semi against Juve and the FA Cup comeback against Liverpool. Great. Sorry Yurt, but that was a mad game.

Linius

Welcome to Madrid Odegaard.

Dont see this working out too well unless we loan him somewhere first

Normally I'd say he joins the youth system and works his way up from there. But yeah, he's probably gonna get zero game time and will be shipped out by 21 or 22 for a couple of million to a midtable big league club.

KidJr

Speaking of Jackson Martinez why the hell is no one making noise about him anymore? Liverpool need a striker, he has a £35 million release cause, why dont they enquire about him. Porto probably wont sell him now but summer atleast no?

EDIT: Just looked at his record, first season 31 goals in 40 appearances. Second season 29 Goals in 51 appearances. This season 20 goals in 24 appearances. How the hell has no one signed him, not least liverpool!

Linius

CDvaLQU.jpg

17 year old kid from Amsterdam was caught with this on a train just across the border with Germany
h8xug2P.png

How are your drugs laws Germans?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
CDvaLQU.jpg

17 year old kid from Amsterdam was caught with this on a train just across the border with Germany
h8xug2P.png

How are your drugs laws Germans?

That knifes gotta be worth easy £100 in csgo

Hixx

Someone buy me Reremake. PS4, Xbone, PC - any is fine.

I can't even afford a single mango

Because I can't find any in my town
D5Jy4CR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom