• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba leaving
Reus staying

What a time to be BVB fan
I don't see the correlation between Pogba leaving and a BVB fan's happiness you vindictive cunt

I hope you get mutilated even more by the depraved rich Bavarians
Can put a chunk towards Rolando
CNB1W6d.png

I was going to say to stay away from our talents though, but what talents. Then ones owned by a third party or on loan from Atletico, Real or Barça
l1x61OA.png
Maybe we should go for Falcao or Cavani

Falcao or Cavani :lool FUCK THAT! GIMME FALCAO AND CAVANI

arkon

No they wouldn't, after Liverpool won it in 2005 they changed the rule so that whoever finishes 4th gets replaced by the CL winner if they're not already in the top 3 places - it's how Tottenham got screwed over when Chelsea finished 6th but won the CL.

Have they changed the rules since Chelsea last won it and kicked Spurs out despite them finishing 4th?

They've changed the rules and they'll come into effect for next season's CL campaign. Europa League Winners get a CL spot and you can have 5 teams from one association in the competition now.

An English team winning the Europa League and one winning the Champions League would spell trouble for whoever finishes 4th (assuming they're different teams obviously)

What team that could realistically afford him would benefit the most from having pogba in their team?.

Depends. If Juve demand the money up front then most likely only RM, Barca, and Utd,

If Juve would allow for installments then several more teams, including Arsenal.

Every team on the planet would benefit from having him, he is just that good and he isn't anywhere near his prime.

I don't see the correlation between Pogba leaving and a BVB fan's happiness you vindictive cunt

Tevez is leaving next year right?

If you sell Pogba you'll probably buy Falcao. Would be a good buy for Juve too.

Pogba's heart will already be in Madrid when we play Juve next month. Perez will then tell Pogba to score an own goal because we trick Perez into thinking he can get Reus if he helps us win the CL.

You see, it's obvious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tevez is leaving next year right?

If you sell Pogba you'll probably buy Falcao. Would be a good buy for Juve too.
He's leaving after 2015-2016, yeah. Boca can't afford him so he'll go there on a bosman

We're okay with it because we understand his decision.

Colombians do well in Italy but I'm not sure about cripples. I mean, Vidal seems okay so far

Best team was Barca in 08. Pep is great. I could see him building another goat team with Bayern.

Not sure if it will be as great as dat Barca though. Messi is too fucking incredible.

Most exciting season in Football has got to go to United 98/99. Schmeichel was on the cusp of leaving, we won the EPL with one point, some fantastic last minute goals (vs Arsenal, Bayern are legendary) and while Cole and Yorke were fantastic (not to mention the Class of 92 obviously), we were also blessed with the Best Substitute Player In The World Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

That 4 goals he scored after being subbed on was incredible.

I actually rank the Arsenal side of 98/99 ahead of the invincibles because of United. That was a great United side and it took the historic nature of that team from preventing Arsenal doing the double-double. That Bergkamp miss in the FA replay :(((

The invincibles were miles better than an average bunch, but boy that United team were truly special and Arsenal were just as good.

Fuck losing to Spurs costing us the league in May

Clegg

No they wouldn't, after Liverpool won it in 2005 they changed the rule so that whoever finishes 4th gets replaced by the CL winner if they're not already in the top 3 places - it's how Tottenham got screwed over when Chelsea finished 6th but won the CL.

Have they changed the rules since Chelsea last won it and kicked Spurs out despite them finishing 4th?
The rules have been changed to allow a 5th team to qualify for the CL if they won the Europa League. Doesn't seem to be the same for a Champions League winner. Odd.

scabro

i, for one, think that it would be swell if both pogba and reus stayed with their respective teams

and if arsenal won the cl

arkon

Best team was Barca in 08. Pep is great. I could see him building another goat team with Bayern.

Not sure if it will be as great as dat Barca though. Messi is too fucking incredible.

Most exciting season in Football has got to go to United 98/99. Schmeichel was on the cusp of leaving, we won the EPL with one point, some fantastic last minute goals (vs Arsenal, Bayern are legendary) and while Cole and Yorke were fantastic (not to mention the Class of 92 obviously), we were also blessed with the Best Substitute Player In The World Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

That 4 goals he scored after being subbed on was incredible.

No mention of Sheringham? Goal and assist in the CL final wasn't it?

jts

...hate me...

Good thing about those is that it could be a last stop kind of deal for them. Before USA/UAE anyway.

Otherwise, Lacazette m43. Him and Pogba will be next summer's hot ticket items I reckon. edit: oh and Reus ofc.

What a time to be a french.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Good thing about those is that it could be a last stop kind of deal for them. Before USA/UAE anyway.

Otherwise, Lacazette m43. Him and Pogba will be next summer's hot ticket items I reckon. edit: oh and Reus ofc.

What a time to be a french.
Reus would be nice but he can find a better team surely, he's too young.

Yen

Roma have had a good few years of signings. Pity they're so in debt they'll eventually end up selling them all.
JDsIANu.png

RiggyRob

The rules have been changed to allow a 5th team to qualify for the CL if they won the Europa League. Doesn't seem to be the same for a Champions League winner. Odd.

They've changed the rules and they'll come into effect for next season's CL campaign. Europa League Winners get a CL spot and you can have 5 teams from one association in the competition now.

An English team winning the Europa League and one winning the Champions League would spell trouble for whoever finishes 4th (assuming they're different teams obviously)

Yeah, I saw a paper saying that'd they'd changed it for the Europa League winners (benefiting Tottenham and Everton) but I didn't see anything about it changing for the CL winners.

Roma have had a good few years of signings. Pity they're so in debt they'll eventually end up selling them all.
JDsIANu.png

I don't think they are in heavy debt. They are moving in the right direction, although I always say this and then they go ahead and sell someone.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Dont seem to be linked with anyone seriously.

Feels like LvG is hoping to scrape this top 4 and proper rebuild in the summer, if it works no complaints, I imagine the exodus next window to be quite large though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

arkon

Yeah, I saw a paper saying that'd they'd changed it for the Europa League winners (benefiting Tottenham and Everton) but I didn't see anything about it changing for the CL winners.

CL winners go straight into the group stages. EL winners get play-offs at the minimum and would go into the group stages if the CL winners slot isn't used (e.g. team qualifies for the CL automatically through domestic league).

Dont seem to be linked with anyone seriously.

Feels like LvG is hoping to scrape this top 4 and proper rebuild in the summer, if it works no complaints, I imagine the exodus next window to be quite large though.

The exodus better be large

CL winners go straight into the group stages. EL winners get play-offs at the minimum and would go into the group stages if the CL winners slot isn't used (e.g. team qualifies for the CL automatically through domestic league).

Change CL to be a knock out tournament. Would be glorious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's semi-official but Giovinco is going to earn a whooping €8.6m per season for the next four years in the MLS

That's like, 162k per week.

I'm really happy for him. That's 7 million more than his current salary I think

dc89

I think when I am finished with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix I might get The Evil Within.

Anyone played it? Is it worth £24? Will I shit my pants?

No mention of Sheringham? Goal and assist in the CL final wasn't it?

Sheringham was good yeah, but Ole.

I actually rank the Arsenal side of 98/99 ahead of the invincibles because of United. That was a great United side and it took the historic nature of that team from preventing Arsenal doing the double-double. That Bergkamp miss in the FA replay :(((

The invincibles were miles better than an average bunch, but boy that United team were truly special and Arsenal were just as good.

Fuck losing to Spurs costing us the league in May

Yeah, I don't think that United side was anywhere the greatest but frankly, that season was just fucking exciting. Fergie time at its best

I think when I am finished with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix I might get The Evil Within.

I enjoyed it, a solid 8/10 action horror which has some 9/10 moments.

Just don't expect the second coming of Resident Evil 4 and you'll be fine.

I really enjoyed it. I don't think you'll shit your pants, it's not that scary, but it does have some tense moments. I had no idea what was going on in the story until I beat it..then I still had no idea. I looked up an explanation and it made sense.

miserable

lol senile old man Cruyff spouting some nonsense again
who the fuck even takes seriously what that man is saying?
even Barca fans laugh at the some of the things he says

Carlo Ancelotti "Pogba has the ability to play anywhere, but not for Real Madrid." “Why not? Because at the moment we’re not interested in him

I don't think he wants to buy another 100 million player, it'll put too much pressure on them to deliver

WELCOME TO CHELSEA PAUL YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom