• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

B7tZWg-CAAAorBX.png

All valid points that should have been presented in haiku poem

Growing in confidence every game, way to early to assess him yet.

He hasnt had have one of those games where he is the reason we are 0-0 (e.g. De Gea performances).

But for the most part he is doing the basics well. I guess in this day and age I should be thankful for that though lol.

Lol great news for our nt

Not sure why scznnsnznznnzny is considered above him.

Salazar

I'm writing off Otamendi on his name alone.

Edit: We could just add gormless Argentinians until things improve. It's not the worst strategy.

Unless it makes us like a Serie A club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Carlo Ancelotti "Pogba has the ability to play anywhere, but not for Real Madrid." “Why not? Because at the moment we’re not interested in him

I don't think he wants to buy another 100 million player, it'll put too much pressure on them to deliver

Carlo Ancelotti "Pogba has the ability to play anywhere, but not for Real Madrid." “Why not? Because at the moment we’re not interested in him

I don't think he wants to buy another 100 million player, it'll put too much pressure on them to deliver

He doesn't get to decide unfortunately

I'm writing off Otamendi on his name alone.

Edit: We could just add gormless Argentinians until things improve. It's not the worst strategy.

Unless it makes us like a Serie A club.

If they've turned down £26 million I think that's probably the end of that. I've never heard particularly good things about him anyways.

In Madrid parlance that means they've already signed him.

L1NETT

as much as Cellino n Leeds is a chucklefest for the whole nation....there are SO many crooked owners who need to be chucked out not just the tax dodging mafia boss at bellend road

this will drag on and on and chances are Cellino will still be involved just not directly

OneTwoTee

Banned
Managed to get my tickets for tomorrow eventually. Admittedly I've never been to Anfield, so I'm super excited.
We're gonna get thrashed though.

Oh, I'm not a junior anymore. That's cool.

Splatt

That's because they're going for the new great white hope

Adnan

Managed to get my tickets for tomorrow eventually. Admittedly I've never been to Anfield, so I'm super excited.
We're gonna get thrashed though.

Oh, I'm not a junior anymore. That's cool.

I went to Anfield once, was a horrendous occasion.

Seeing a young soon to be Serie A blond haired Czech help beat Italy in 96, 4 days before my 9th birthday. :(((

Swore never to return again and have kept to it

Twitter is pretty useful for keeping up to date with things. That's the main reason I use it.

I think that is the main reason why I will keep it. I can't believe there is someone who just posts new gaming threads on there. What a sad existence.

Yen

I think that is the main reason why I will keep it. I can't believe there is someone who just posts new gaming threads on there. What a sad existence.

That's presumably a bot. @NeoGAFShitPosts was a classic account. But they stopped that in protest of inconsistent modding on gaf.

Marrotta:

"We will do everything within out limits to hold on to Pogba, but we must not forget Italy is a country in transition," Juve chief Guiseppe Marotta told reporters.

"The problem we have is that of offers coming in from other clubs offering him a salary that we are not able to match due to our financial situation.

"At the moment, there's no reason to believe that Pogba will definitely leave Juventus for another team, but we have to bear in mind that we cannot compete with the wages that are being paid elsewhere. We have our limits."

Zioey3m.png

Hall of Famer Marrotta:

"We will do everything within out limits to hold on to Pogba, but we must not forget Italy is a country in transition," Juve chief Guiseppe Marotta told reporters.

"The problem we have is that of offers coming in from other clubs offering him a salary that we are not able to match due to our financial situation.

"At the moment, there's no reason to believe that Pogba will definitely leave Juventus for another team, but we have to bear in mind that we cannot compete with the wages that are being paid elsewhere. We have our limits."

Zioey3m.png

edited it for you. He is being inducted into the Italian football hall of fame today with Ancelotti

CCS

Banned
Marrotta:

Zioey3m.png

So he's off then.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Everytime I've watched spurs this season it seems like they've ended up winning by accident.

It's not by accident, but certainly we make it hard on ourselves by giving away a silly goal every game. We also have a lot to learn when it comes to managing a game, we tend to relax when we go in front.

A win is a win though, we are going in the right direction. Remember we are in 4 competitions still.

jts

...hate me...
Marrotta:

Zioey3m.png
LMAO

3 quotes saying the same.

"We're not saying that we're going to sell him, but we're going to sell him."

Poor Yurt.

pineapple-express-burger-cry.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marrotta:

Zioey3m.png
It's true we can't (don't want to) give him Bayern-esque wages. 4.5 million for a 21 y/o should be enough for now

He's our highest earner now I think :lol or is still Tevez and Vidal? I don't know

It's not by accident, but certainly we make it hard on ourselves by giving away a silly goal every game. We also have a lot to learn when it comes to managing a game, we tend to relax when we go in front.

A win is a win though, we are going in the right direction. Remember we are in 4 competitions still.

Yeah that's what will screw you.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LMAO

3 quotes saying the same.

"We're not saying that we're going to sell him, but we're going to sell him."

Poor Yurt.

pineapple-express-burger-cry.gif
GUYS

I genuinely don't care if we sell him (or anyone, including the Abysswalker)

Provided we don't piss away the money on average Udinese players

jts

...hate me...
GUYS

I genuinely don't care if we sell him

Unless we're planning to piss away the money on average Udinese players
Can put a chunk towards Rolando
CNB1W6d.png

I was going to say to stay away from our talents though, but what talents. The ones owned by a third party or on loan from Atletico, Real or Barça
l1x61OA.png

KidJr

What team that could realistically afford him would benefit the most from having pogba in their team?

Also watched the Gambler yesterday, need to re-watch. dont know what the consensus on this film is however I imagine that alot of people think its style over substance, however on first look it's a really interesting and fairly cohesive look at someone with a gambling addiction. I love films like that.

I didnt know this was a remake, might try and catch the original.

I feel like if you dont like the Counselor you wouldnt like this film, very dialog heavy which is why I probably need to re-watch it again. I know most of gaf dont like the Counselor however I honestly think it's an amazing film, so so so so so fucking clever on so many levels. I might watch it again tonight.

Best team was Barca in 08. Pep is great. I could see him building another goat team with Bayern.

Not sure if it will be as great as dat Barca though. Messi is too fucking incredible.

Most exciting season in Football has got to go to United 98/99. Schmeichel was on the cusp of leaving, we won the EPL with one point, some fantastic last minute goals (vs Arsenal, Bayern are legendary) and while Cole and Yorke were fantastic (not to mention the Class of 92 obviously), we were also blessed with the Best Substitute Player In The World Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

That 4 goals he scored after being subbed on was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom