• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Got tickets for Newcastle v Huddersfield next weekend, as a Huddersfield supporter tonight fills me with a lot more hope than before. Too many people were quick to assume they could just walk this season, it's going to be ruthless.

Ah but Mancini knew how to use him. The legs man, just used him to cover areas and fill in the gaps on the transitions, when he did get the ball Silva and Toure took care of his over powered passes. He had some strange delusions that he was a centre mid though.

If I would have a wage in the millions, I also would have run like a crazy man for the other players since I also have no talent like Milner ;)

He's just overrated and I stand by my sentence that only in England such a player can become so successful and even make a transfer of 30 million.
And of course, he's does his best and you need players like him in football, but still, look at the teams he played. Pretty crazy.

If I would have a wage in the millions, I also would have run like a crazy man for the other players since I also have no talent like Milner ;)

He's just overrated and I stand by my sentence that only in England such a player can become so successful and even make a transfer of 30 million.
And of course, he's does his best and you need players like him in football, but still, look at the teams he played. Pretty crazy.

Yeah he was never worth that much, even in todays stupid market he isn't worth that. However he played a vital role in the team, he wasn't a starting man the majority of the time but when City needed the person to do a specific job it was him you could turn to, if it was somebody just to fill the spaces in the wings or in the corners he was there or the centre when playing deep and have the legs to get back and prevent the counter and provide the backup required. Missed that sort of player last season, especially when half the team looked like that couldn't be arsed and Fernandinho was running after everything on his billy.

Blablurn

FC Bayern Fans. The time has come. We are finally here. After experiencing the Guardiola years we have come full circle. And we will not stop here. But let's think back first. Do you remember the day we bought Sebastian Deisler from Hertha BSC Berlin for 20m? It was a good day. Back then I thought he would bring us back to where we once were. Deisler was special. He was truly the savior of the Bundesliga and he could have changed the game completely. If he had stayed fit of course. But unfortunately injuries and his depression took a toll at him. So let's ignore this chapter. Remember when we bought Vahid Hashemian from VFL Bochum? Also know as the helicopter? Or Air Iran? Hashemian had it all. Starting with a good instinct to great finishing skills. But he also had problems getting used to the surroundings in Bayern. Sure, the Magath years were rough, but looking back they were just as successfull as the Guardiola years that showed that even a Messias cannot bring you success automatically. I don't know. For me Sebastian Deisler was always the special one. If he had stayed fit, people would have talked about him. And not about Messi. For me, as a young German, Deisler was an inspiration. I don't know where he is right now but I have no doubt that we will see him again one day. But besides that, do you remember the day we played our first game in the Allianz Arena? We played against Germany back then. And I still remember how Jens Lehmann tackled Bastian Schweinsteiger. The whole stadium was shaking. It's a mess fucking Klinsmann chose Lehmann over Kahn. I'm sure we would have won the World Cup if Lehmann had been number two. Anyway, that game marked the beginning of something special. The Allianz Arena helped us to become rich and it helped us to continually improve our reputation and image in Europe. Look were we are now. After the loss to Chelsea I thought we were done. I thought we were broken. I thought we were destroyed. I thought we were a relic of the past. Olic. I thought we would never come back. I hought we would never come back stronger. But things have changed. Like on that day when Mario Basler, a steady fellow of the FC Bayern, had been fired from the club, together with former reserve goalkeeper Sven Scheuer, because of an incident in a Pizza restaurant. Many things can change in one night. Chelsea definitely changed a lot. Our team looks good. Similar to the night in Bordeaux in 1996, when we managed to with the UEFA CUP 1996. I still remembe watching the game on SAT1. Back then the UEFA Cup meant something. A cup of Europeans greats with great history and great success. Bayern Fans, we are one of the few clubs who have won it all. And Sebastian Deisler should have been part of this success. I still remember that he was the cover star of Bundesliga Stars 2000. A game for PlayStation, Sonys first console ever, that was losely based on the FIFA series. Both developed by the Canadian developer studio EA Sports. Bundesliga Stars featured nice graphics and all stadiums from the 1999/2000 Bundesliga season.

Tubie

FC Bayern Fans. The time has come. We are finally here. After experiencing the Guardiola years we have come full circle. And we will not stop here. But let's think back first. Do you remember the day we bought Sebastian Deisler from Hertha BSC Berlin for 20m? It was a good day. Back then I thought he would bring us back to where we once were. Deisler was special. He was truly the savior of the Bundesliga and he could have changed the game completely. If he had stayed fit of course. But unfortunately injuries and his depression took a toll at him. So let's ignore this chapter. Remember when we bought Vahid Hashemian from VFL Bochum? Also know as the helicopter? Or Air Iran? Hashemian had it all. Starting with a good instinct to great finishing skills. But he also had problems getting used to the surroundings in Bayern. Sure, the Magath years were rough, but looking back they were just as successfull as the Guardiola years that showed that even a Messias cannot bring you success automatically. I don't know. For me Sebastian Deisler was always the special one. If he had stayed fit, people would have talked about him. And not about Messi. For me, as a young German, Deisler was an inspiration. I don't know where he is right now but I have no doubt that we will see him again one day. But besides that, do you remember the day we played our first game in the Allianz Arena? We played against Germany back then. And I still remember how Jens Lehmann tackled Bastian Schweinsteiger. The whole stadium was shaking. It's a mess fucking Klinsmann chose Lehmann over Kahn. I'm sure we would have won the World Cup if Lehmann had been number two. Anyway, that game marked the beginning of something special. The Allianz Arena helped us to become rich and it helped us to continually improve our reputation and image in Europe. Look were we are now. After the loss to Chelsea I thought we were done. I thought we were broken. I thought we were destroyed. I thought we were a relic of the past. Olic. I thought we would never come back. I hought we would never come back stronger. But things have changed. Like on that day when Mario Basler, a steady fellow of the FC Bayern, had been fired from the club, together with former reserve goalkeeper Sven Scheuer, because of an incident in a Pizza restaurant. Many things can change in one night. Chelsea definitely changed a lot. Our team looks good. Similar to the night in Bordeaux in 1996, when we managed to with the UEFA CUP 1996. I still remembe watching the game on SAT1. Back then the UEFA Cup meant something. A cup of Europeans greats with great history and great success. Bayern Fans, we are one of the few clubs who have won it all. And Sebastian Deisler should have been part of this success. I still remember that he was the cover star of Bundesliga Stars 2000. A game for PlayStation, Sonys first console ever, that was losely based on the FIFA series. Both developed by the Canadian developer studio EA Sports. Bundesliga Stars featured nice graphics and all stadiums from the 1999/2000 Bundesliga season.

I'm not gonna get trolled into reading all of this.

Nice try Mr. Bla!

*insert long ass text*

And here I am.

Nevee seen my team playing in an international cup.
Suffered all 5 relegations.
Celebrated 5 promotions.
Year on year hoping to not relive that nightmare again.
Year on year hoping for the Prinz to return.

And yet you tell me something of "I feared we could never return to our old strength"?

Cute.

just trolling with that last sentence obviously

spidye

Hashemian was awesome. Great personality. Too bad he went to bayern. He would have been awesome at bremen or hamburg.

wapplew

Hey GAF, I'll travel to London next April, planing to watch a match at Old Trafford. What's the best option for ticket, Stadium tour, hotel and train?
If I get ticket now, what happen if the match reschedule?

Plasma

Banned
It's a mess fucking Klinsmann chose Lehmann over Kahn. I'm sure we would have won the World Cup if Lehmann had been number two.

Really because from what I remember Lehmann had a brilliant season that year, got to the CL final without conceding a goal.

Hey GAF, I'll travel to London next April, planing to watch a match at Old Trafford. What's the best option for ticket, Stadium tour, hotel and train?
If I get ticket now, what happen if the match reschedule?

Assuming they're like your average top-tier PL club, the process you go through is this: first finding out which home games are being played during your stay, then waiting until it's nearer the time so tickets go on sale, when you realise you're so far back in the priority list it'll be impossible to get one.

So you sign up as a free member, and you realise you're so far back in the priority list it'll be impossible to get one.

So you pay a membership fee, and you realise you're so far back in the priority list it'll be impossible to get one.

So you pay a premium membership fee, and then you might be able to get one as long as there's some left after the super-premium members have bought theirs. Etc.

Or eBay or something, I dunno.

wapplew

Assuming they're like your average top-tier PL club, the process you go through is this: first finding out which home games are being played during your stay, then waiting until it's nearer the time so tickets go on sale, when you realise you're so far back in the priority list it'll be impossible to get one.

So you sign up as a free member, and you realise you're so far back in the priority list it'll be impossible to get one.

So you pay a membership fee, and you realise you're so far back in the priority list it'll be impossible to get one.

So you pay a premium membership fee, and then you might be able to get one as long as there's some left after the super-premium members have bought theirs. Etc.

Or eBay or something, I dunno.

Just bought a ticket at official site. ManU vs Everton. Have to get the membership like you said, £82 total. I hope it doesn't get reschedule.
Will find some place close to stay a night after the game and maybe go stadium tour next morning.

Just bought a ticket at official site. ManU vs Everton. Have to get the membership like you said, £82 total. I hope it doesn't get reschedule.
Will find some place close to stay a night after the game and maybe go stadium tour next morning.

Every time I have time booked off United are always away it's infuriating.

Everton at OT will be a good game enjoy!

well it can't be any worse than Rooneys testimonial.

wapplew

Every time I have time booked off United are always away it's infuriating.

Everton at OT will be a good game enjoy!

well it can't be any worse than Rooneys testimonial.

I have no other choice, the other game at OT in April is Chesea, no way I'm lucky enough to get ticket for that.
It doesn't matter for me, I just want to feel the OT atmosphere once in my lifetime as a fan.

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
West Ham agree £20m deal with Swansea for Andre Ayew. Medical this weekend. Swansea in talks with Atletico Madrid striker Borja Baston

Audioboxer

Hope he comes back to Bundesliga.

I hope so too.

As an individual he is an awesome person. As a player he was world class, but injuries have set him back a bit too much for the prem league IMO. Especially this coming season where to say it's going to be a competitive shit fest is an understatement.

I mean many other prem league teams would be chomping at the bit for him but I dunno if he's going to want to stay after his experience with Man Utd.

Yeah he was never worth that much, even in todays stupid market he isn't worth that. However he played a vital role in the team, he wasn't a starting man the majority of the time but when City needed the person to do a specific job it was him you could turn to, if it was somebody just to fill the spaces in the wings or in the corners he was there or the centre when playing deep and have the legs to get back and prevent the counter and provide the backup required. Missed that sort of player last season, especially when half the team looked like that couldn't be arsed and Fernandinho was running after everything on his billy.

Completely agree, I would even rather have a Milner than a lazy and always complaining Yaya Toure honestly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG664Rp7U9U

Enjoy! The stadium tour is pretty damn cool even though I was sick as a dog when I did it. Unfortunately for me, when I was in England they played 3 away matches (Sunderland, Valencia and Bolton) although I got to go to Bolton to see us draw them 2-2. Sat in the traveling supporters section and the atmosphere was incredible.

T-Rex.

Banned
It might get rescheduled for TV, but that's usually decided months in advance.

Completely agree, I would even rather have a Milner than a lazy and always complaining Yaya Toure honestly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG664Rp7U9U

Damn that video really emphasises how out of shape he was, looks half the size now. I still rate Yaya as the best player that has ever played in a CIty shirt and there are very few players I would put over an inform Yaya but the last two seasons… I can't even put into words how poor he was, may as well played with 10 men.

bjaelke

Football is back

Liverpool FC @LFC
Daniel Sturridge has been left out of today's #LFC squad as a precaution due to a slight hip issue

Football is back

Liverpool FC @LFC
Daniel Sturridge has been left out of today's #LFC squad as a precaution due to a slight hip issue

giphy.gif

Pretty strong team overall: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Wijnaldum, Can, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino.

slider

@SkyKaveh
West Ham agree £20m deal with Swansea for Andre Ayew. Medical this weekend. Swansea in talks with Atletico Madrid striker Borja Baston

Seems a little on the expensive side. I wonder if he's a backup/replacement in case Payet leaves. Can't help but fear the worst.

Floody

A Liverpool friendly being the second highest ever (new) Wembley attendance (89+k) make me smile.

Lovern looking injured makes me very sad though, at least Ragnar Klavan has looked quality this pre-season, arguably been our best CB, but we really need to stop having injured CBs.

Also what a goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom