• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I would love it if Tio Flo manages to torpedo the fuck out of the Pogba deal.

It seems Pogba prefers Madrid cause of Zidane, but Man U is just offering way more than Madrid is.

A late 100m euro bid from Flo would close this tho.
I have no love for United but you're delusional.

Jack cw

Regardless of Perez not able to afford Pogba (the transfer fee is one thing but another 125m for 5 years wages would force Perez to sell his company), the Real midfield is good enough. But it's funny to see that that even mighty Perez with Real has to bow doen to the insane EPL money. They need get used to not getting the players from the top shelve anymore...

It seems Pogba prefers Madrid cause of Zidane, but Man U is just offering way more than Madrid is.

It's as good as done mate move on.

Fdkn

no thanks, United can keep him.

he's not worth half of that

I was just reading Alex Hleb's wikipedia. What a fuck-up he made of his career. Basically every club he's played for since leaving Arsenal he's said "man, I wish I was playing for this other club," but the other club never showed any interest so he just ended up playing for clubs that dropped down in quality each time.

Haha.

Beefy

Apparently you want Sissoko for £35m.

I'd like Pogba on the last day to turn around and say "I remain at Juve". And it will be too late for United to put that 100 million elsewhere. Woodward gets fired United get a better VC and we don't have to listen to another shitty United transfer saga ever again because the new guy can do their damn job.

If Pogba really prefered Madrid, he would be here by now ;)

Perez isn't going to pay 150 million for Pogba + a new crazy contract.
Latest rumors are that Sissoko will come, since no other target (Verratti, Pogba, Kante, Matic,...) seems feasible or Real not willing to pay the asking price.

Regardless of Perez not able to afford Pogba (the transfer fee is one thing but another 125m for 5 years wages would force Perez to sell his company), the Real midfield is good enough. But it's funny to see that that even mighty Perez with Real has to bow doen to the insane EPL money. They need get used to not getting the players from the top shelve anymore...

True, but a bit of an exaggeration, Real and Barcelona still generate the most money (with Man Utd).
But Real cannot compete with suger daddy teams like City or PSG. City will probably invest another 200 million this transfer window, that's just crazy. Real can't do that without selling a few big players.

That said, it's no shame to not have every big player out there. Real will always be a top team, even if they have to be a little bit more creative with their money.
And La Liga will follow the Premier League example sooner than later, in football everything can change in a few years.

Carbonox

If Pogba really prefered Madrid, he would be here by now ;)

Perez isn't going to pay 150 million for Pogba + a new crazy contract.
Latest rumors are that Sissoko will come, since no other target (Verratti, Pogba, Kante, Matic,...) seems feasible or Real not willing to pay the asking price.

Prepare your loins.

The thing is with the EPL the mid table teams are chucking money round like its nothing even Championship teams are making it rain.

Not just the top four of the top league in the country.

Carbonox

mo-diame-3.jpg

Real chuffed with the Diame signing. Don't care much for Clark unless he plays LB as Hanley, Lascelles and Mbemba are better.

New striker, winger and playmaker and I think we're looking mighty.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
mo-diame-3.jpg

Real chuffed with the Diame signing. Don't care much for Clark unless he plays LB as Hanley, Lascelles and Mbemba are better.

New striker, winger and playmaker and I think we're looking mighty.

Fantastic signing

Hope the toon is back up after this season, my family will be gutted otherwise

sora87

Looks good, hope there's some future extensions planned though to get all the stands to an even height, that'd be nice, plus take capacity over 60k.

I read Klopp plans to dip back in to the transfer window to find defensive reinforcements, hope that's true and he's abandoned the Milner as left back idea

Meier

Looks like we will be fielding a team of wingers this year.
I am very curious how we'll line up -- I imagine the Arsenal game will give us an idea of what we'll be looking at. The 13th can't come soon enough.

A shame the friendly today is closed doors. Hopefully we get at least a LITTLE info. Mark Booth said they wouldn't even have a story on the site about it.

I am very curious how we'll line up -- I imagine the Arsenal game will give us an idea of what we'll be looking at. The 13th can't come soon enough.

A shame the friendly today is closed doors. Hopefully we get at least a LITTLE info. Mark Booth said they wouldn't even have a story on the site about it.

I find it interesting there has been very few rumours on players leaving, Yaya's agent is strangely inconspicuous which is very odd and the few rumours died off pretty quickly. The team in certain areas is starting to look really bloated.

I want to know what is going on with the defence. I think Angelino is probably the best left back we have at the moment, the NYCFC loan seemed to have done him well. I would like to see him break through as in my mind he is better than Kolarov. I felt that was clearly the weakest area last season. That area is looking very spartan though there must be something in the works like dropping Sterling backwards if playing with 3 centre half's. Adarabioyo is clearly promising at 18 and I feel he needs to be the 4th defender but then there is also Maffeo, Denayer, Mangala, Otamendi, Kompany and another potential signing plus the rumours of either Fernandinho, Fernando and Delph dropping back. Then there is Sagna and Zaba both which are getting on.

The youth are starting to look good much better than last year and this isn't the hyped lot, can't wait to start seeing them come through in a few years time. Aleix García looks like he could be good under Pep his passing and positioning have been excellent would like to see if he can challenge Fernando.

King_Moc

Banned
Looks good, hope there's some future extensions planned though to get all the stands to an even height, that'd be nice, plus take capacity over 60k.

I read Klopp plans to dip back in to the transfer window to find defensive reinforcements, hope that's true and he's abandoned the Milner as left back idea

I think they have permission to do the same to the Anfield road end already, but they haven't yet decided if they're going to do it. That would take the capacity to 58,500. They could feasibly do the same to the Centenary Stand and take it to about 66,000 but I don't think they're interested. The Kop can't be extended any further back with that road there either.

Also, i'm sure I heard of some silly rule about needing a train station close by if the capacity is >60,000.

Meier

If I had my way, City would simply release Kolarov. Give him a golden parachute and say bye. I'm not a huge Clichy fan and haven't been for years now, but he's still an acceptable player. I'd have him comfortably ahead of Angelino, but I think Angelino is ready to be #2.

I am so-so on Stones. I don't think he's quite ready and I think he'll cost too much, but I know Pep can make him much better so if he wants him, I say pay what it takes. After adding Stones though, we need to be aggressive about clearing dead weight.

Syder

Funny thing is, Martínez could have sat around until Christmas and jumped in to 'save' a struggling Premier League team or he could have gone to a decent Championship team. Good for him for getting back into work, I suppose, maybe not so good for Belgian people.

bjaelke

Matt Spiro @mattspiro
Bayern Munich will pay Juventus the €21m buyout option to sign Kingsley Coman after France winger impressed on loan last season (L'Equipe)

Now that's a good option to have.

Can't be worse than Wilmots.

True, that man was a joke. Such a shame that such a talented group had to work with a loser like Wilmots.

I don't like the choice for Martinez, but his communication with the press is way better than Wilmots, so that's something.
Still, as a Belgian it's a shame that we can't get someone from our own country. I never understood why players must have the passport for the country they play for, but managers can do what they want.

This group needed a manager who rules with an iron fist imo, and hearing the comments in Belgium, he isn't exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom