• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Surprised we're maintaining a good atmosphere against a Slovenian team, it's getting me hyped for going to the friendly against Juventus on Sunday.

Horn
Toljan-Ginter-Süle-Klostermann-
Bender-Bender
Brandt-Gortzka-Meyer
Selke

should be an okay-ish team (in particular the bolded players) but the fuckin rain

.. goretzka injured.. lol

Oh fuck you Hertha. Every single fucking year a German time has to shit the bed somehow. Unbelievable.

Not last year tough, hehe.

Horn
Toljan-Ginter-Süle-Klostermann-
Bender-Bender
Brandt-Gortzka-Meyer
Selke

should be an okay-ish team (in particular the bolded players) but the fuckin rain

.. goretzka injured.. lol

Yeah, some nice scenes & passing here and there, but overall not very spectacular.

slider

Cannot wait to see the atmosphere against some of our biggest rivals this season.

On the train home. Any opinions on... Anything?

A mate offered me a ticket but, fuck it, I had a thing I couldn't get out of. I'm meeting the mate tomorrow for a view on atmosphere, team, new signings etc.

Syder

On the train home. Any opinions on... Anything?
We still need another striker even if Sakho is staying. Carroll is injury prone, Valencia is inconsistent and Sakho is.. Sakho (I want to cash in on him, for the record). Antonio is improving but he shouldn't be our first choice right-back. We're going to miss Cresswell a lot. I wouldn't mind if the rumours about a Santon loan are true because he can play either side, 6 months would be preferable, and Bilić needs to have faith in Byram at right-back. I can see us playing 3 at the back in the first quarter of the season and having marauding wing-backs with Feghouli & Valencia cutting inside on the wings. Reece Oxford looked amazing tonight.

I'm going to the Juve game on Sunday and I'll be going to a select few Home & Away matches in the coming season. Seems like there's going to be a few teething problems but considering we didn't sell-out this isn't a bad atmosphere for a Europa League Qualifying match.

gIFNE6u.jpg

Audioboxer

Hope this Pogba madness is over soon.

The UK media is garbage.

"POGBA SIGNS FOR MAN UTD CONFIRMED

"It is believed after we spoke to our trusted anonymous sources...."

yagal

Champions League play-offs.

Champions route:

Ludogorets v Viktoria Plzen
Celtic v Hapoel Beer Sheva
Copenhagen v Apoel FC
Dundalk v Legia Warsaw
Dynamo Zagreb v Salzburg

League route:

Steaua Bucharest v Manchester City
Porto v Roma
Ajax v Rostov
Young Boys v Borussia Monchengladbach
Villarreal v Monaco

Jarnet87

Hope this Pogba madness is over soon.

The UK media is garbage.

"POGBA SIGNS FOR MAN UTD CONFIRMED

"It is believed after we spoke to our trusted anonymous sources...."

Should be next week since he will finish his vacation this weekend, but who knows. Wasn't going to play in the Community Shield anyways. Maybe a sub appearance against Bournemouth and Southampton and gets the first start vs Hull.

Audioboxer

Mou basically confirmed Basti is gone and not a Man Utd player anymore. Also pretty much expect Pogba in coming days.

Live press conference going on now.

Audioboxer

Basti is one of the nicest guys around but Mou isn't wrong in that he's a new manager, didn't sign him and like it or not has to pick his squad.

As a signing he ended up injury prone and crowded out in a Man Utd midfield that never needed more central midfielders. He was injured more than he was available to play...

If we sign Pogba as well what chance does Basti have? Carrick has stayed on for another year as our experienced midfielder and we have Herrera, Scheneiderlin, and potentially Pogba all ahead of Basti in the pecking order.

For his own sake he deserves to go back to Germany. I don't think he'll make it with another Prem league club given his fitness concerns. Most likely he'll have to take a pay cut as I can only imagine what money banks United decided to pay him to sign.

bjaelke

Klopp: Christian said it makes sense to go to another club. he is still a great striker. We have others. it makes sense for us to play them
Villa should use their parachute payments to buy him back.

If he was a Spaniard, he would probably never been a professional footballer.
And City paid 30 million for him.

Ah but Mancini knew how to use him. The legs man, just used him to cover areas and fill in the gaps on the transitions, when he did get the ball Silva and Toure took care of his over powered passes. He had some strange delusions that he was a centre mid though.

If he was a Spaniard, he would probably never been a professional footballer.

Bollocks

And I say that as someone who doesn't think his very good assist record last season merits a spot in our first 11. Especially never want to see him play CM for us again.

Decent player though. As an England fan will be happy to never see him play for England again, think he's always been poor for the national team tbh. Somewhat underrated for club, legitimately shit for country.

Beefy

@SkySports_Keith
Sunderland have signed Papy Djilobodji from Chelsea for £8million. The Senegal defender has signed a 4-year deal.

Bumhead

Banned
Welcome to the Championship, Newcastle United.

This division is a ruthless, oppressive grind, and it's a division that gets stronger and more difficult every year. Anyone who thought Newcastle will have their own way at this level wants to have another look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom