• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

SportBILD: Granit Xhaka has agreed to join Arsenal. The Gunners set to pay between EUR40m-EUR50m for the Gladbach midfielder

dat EPL tax

It's SportBild tho, wait for better sources before you cream yourself

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
West Ham Ladies won the vote and the club cancelled their charity match anyway. There are other football events going on over summer at Upton Park but the women's team aren't getting their goodbye match there. Not a good look.
I think if there was a serious majority and this happened it would be outrageous but it was such a slim victory. I think they made the right call, that game was a fantastic way to leave the stadium. I'm no West Ham fan so what do I know..

http://www.5-jahres-wertung.de/APD/Online/5JW.php
seems to me that Italy will be ahead in 2017/18, if pool doesn't win today?

edit: I might read it wrong.
edit2: I forgot that 2016/17 hasn't started yet, so they are fine for now. :lol

Haha no worries, I was very confused for a moment, then thought maybe you were one of those people that's jealous of EPL

SportBILD: Granit Xhaka has agreed to join Arsenal. The Gunners set to pay between EUR40m-EUR50m for the Gladbach midfielder

dat EPL tax

It's SportBild tho, wait for better sources before you cream yourself

It's insane to think that the touted price is not even that insane anymore, especially not when you have teams like West Ham bidding £31 mill for players.

Floody

Lyon rejected a £31M bid from West Ham for Lacazette

Bloody hell.
This transfer window is going to be something special isn't it? My prediction is every BPL team smashes their transfer record and pays about 80% more then what the player is actually worth, other leagues must be delighted.

miserable

Bloody hell.
This transfer window is going to be something special isn't it? My prediction is every BPL team smashes their transfer record and pays about 80% more then what the player is actually worth, other leagues must be delighted.

all of that will be trumped by uncle Perez when he decides to pay 100% more than a player is worth just so he can have some headlines over Barca

sora87

Getting a little nervous now. Plus I've been ill all day so couldn't make it into the city center to watch the match with everyone :(

bjaelke

Ciwa5SRWYAE4hml.jpg:large

Origi and Konoplyanka on the benches

Alpende

I hope Liverpool win it. I want to see Klopp lose his shit for winning and Emery lose his shit during the match when he's losing.

Floody

I'm starting to get nervous now too.
Should be a good game though, both teams should be right up for it, with it being a make or break game for Liverpool, we lose and we threw away a potential top 4 position for nothing and Sevilla can make history with 3 on the trot and also save their season.

I'd love Liverpool to not give me an hearth attack and just have a nice and unremarkable 2-0 win or something, but they almost definitely won't, we never do it the easy way.

Floody

Liking how the stadium seems like it's 90% liverpool fans

Should be a great atmosphere, hopefully the fans can intimidate the Sevilla team like they did the Villarreal team. Also hopefully they behave themselves, no need to ruin such a great occasion.

d62TtdK.jpg

The new Premier League sleeve badges that will feature on kits from the 2016/17 season

Looks really boring. though nothing bad about it I guess.

Saw Sevilla fand in person at the Super Cup final a couple of years ago, they put on a great display. Real passionate bunch.

Last time I saw Liverpool fans in person... not so great.

That said, I hope Liverpool win. Gotta love Klopp.

There is no way that is accurate. It's 15m plus another 37m in potential bonuses.

http://www.20minutes.fr/rennes/1844...pporter-jusqu-52-millions-euros-stade-rennais
It's kinda funny how PL money fucks with everyone's head.

I'll tell you something, we won't agree to a (no matter how unlikely) potential 50m+ transfer for such a young player. We don't have PL money and we're not Bayern. And even if we did such a transfer, I'm pretty sure there'd need to be a note to our shareholders because of the huge price.

While I certainly won't completely trust those sportbild figures, I'm pretty sure they are a whole lot closer to the truth than this French site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom