• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Lyon rejected a £31M bid from West Ham for Lacazette

every club looking at the PL teams like

i7fbw3G.gif

Jarnet87

Ashley Young at striker again, Van Gaal you are a cheeky nut doing it again. He dares our board to fire him and they do nothing

Can someone please explain what this is supposed to represent? It looks like something a children's hospital rejected.

I see it as Bernie their mascot bear standing on a rubber boat (the Allianz Arena).

For the strange forms, shapes and colors, I have no idea. But I'm not gonna judge, remember when autistic children designed Barca's shirt font? That got some backlash when the info got out :lol

Beefy

@sdouglas80
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe confirms West Ham's bid for Ritchie/Wilson. Flatly rejected. Disappointed with timing of bid

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
excellent news the signing of Mitroglou, for both parties as I assume that Fulham wanted to get rid of him (even if he had a great season) and we obviously wanted to keep him after a amazing season with not only lots of goals (22 in total, 20 in the league) but decisive goals in big games like against porto and sporting (which, for example, our top scorer Jonas with 32 goals strangely never does).

LVG moaning about 'expectations being too high'.

I'm sorry that expectations for you to achieve at least top 4 (when you miraculously did it last year) in a seriously weakened league this year and crashing out of both the Champions and Europe League is too much for you after spending so much money in the summer and joining one of the biggest clubs in the world. Two of your competitors repeatedly had league meltdowns and still managed to get top 4 whilst another won the bloody thing on a shoe string budget.

Deluded.

T-Rex.

Banned
Work today is going to be such a drag. I'm more nervous for this final than any of the others. It's a weird thing to say considering we've been in Champions League finals before, UEFA cup finals etc, but I was in my teens back then and there was always a feeling that even if we lost we'd still get another chance in the near future to get back to the top.

T-Rex.

Banned
Liverpool should have this. Their kind of game with a manager that can push the players.
Pre-2007 I would have agreed with you but since then our record has been really bad. From Gerrard's article in the Telegraph "on the eight occasions Liverpool reached the semi-final of a competition since 2006, we’ve only gone on to win the trophy once." Then there's also the league in 08/09 and 13/14.

Pre-2007 I would have agreed with you but since then our record has been really bad. From Gerrard's article in the Telegraph "on the eight occasions Liverpool reached the semi-final of a competition since 2006, we’ve only gone on to win the trophy once." Then there's also the league in 08/09 and 13/14.

But you also had Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers during that time.

https://twitter.com/Ozzywessi/status/732866896907866112
Nach infos von @SPORTBILD ist @dembouz deutlich günstiger als angenommen: 8 mio. fix plus nachzahlungen bis zu 7 mio. #bvb #dembele

Wat. According to Sportbild Dembele was less expensive than previously reported: 8m fee + up to 7 in bonuses.

tQpmuzF.jpg

5nMLrRz.gif

Willkommen in Dortmund, Ousmane Dembélé! (ENG/GER Subtitles) - YouTube

Dembele says Auba convinced him to come to BVB. Based Auba, please lure more French talent to us.

/well, Tuchel convinced him too. I assume that promoting a newly acquired 20yo midfielder (Weigl) into your first team is quite a strong argument.

T-Rex.

Banned
Fair point, but we also had Suarez, Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Carragher, Sterling, Sturridge etc etc. We had good teams, even 2 great ones but we just can't get over the line in recent times.

I think we will win tonight though. Pls Klopp, improve our recent record (and your own).

TeddyBoy

lJ1kJvH.png

Liverpool gotta go balls deep to win this trophy

Haha yeah I imagine we'll be throwing everything at the game tonight, we've rested our starting eleven at the weekend and the team is ready.

There was a time when we thought Rodgers was at the level of Klopp management wise :p

u have my support liverpool gaf

JS74100479.jpg

Thanks Blaburn!

Coutinho's face....

It's a bad picture of everyone tbh!

EPL needs Liverpool to win. Need that coeffcient point.

The final is literally two points for this season, two points for a win, one for a draw and none for the loss (in 90 mins).

jrmanimal

Nice deal for Dembele. Dortmund will get a lot more money when they sell him to Bayern in a few years.

And today I'm believing in Sevilla 5th EL title...1-0, Vitolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom