• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Agreed, just pointing out that there were some reasons for Giggs to leave even though he wasn't inclined to. Beckham left. Nicky Butt left. Neville left. Giggs deserves some props for sticking through the tough times too.

Beckham fell out with SAF, Butt was told that he wasn't going to get enough game time and Gary went to SAF to discuss Phils career, only for SAF to tell him that he didn't want him to go but that he wasn't going to get game time. Phil didn't want to go but need to play and his missus was in tears and sat in the car with Mrs Frog while Phil, Gary and SAF talked. Neville didn't even go and find a club, SAF set up a deal with Moyes for him to go to Everton and he went.

Giggs was never at risk of losing his long term spot and never got on the wrong side of SAF. Same as Scholes and Gary.

Blackhead

Redarse
Beckham fell out with SAF, Butt was told that he wasn't going to get enough game time and Gary went to SAF to discuss Phils career, only for SAF to tell him that he didn't want him to go but that he wasn't going to get game time. Phil didn't want to go but need to play and his missus was in tears and sat in the car with Mrs Frog while Phil, Gary and SAF talked. Neville didn't even go and find a club, SAF set up a deal with Moyes for him to go to Everton and he went.

Giggs was never at risk of losing his long term spot and never got on the wrong side of SAF. Same as Scholes and Gary.

In the mid 2000s Ferguson was mixing around with the midfield (remember Veron?) to try and win the CL again and everybody was in danger of losing their long term spot. Beckham fell out with SAF because he lost his long term spot (to Solskjaer iirc) and that's why a big reason why he left. Scholes even had his low point in 2001 where Fergie could have sold him...

Giggs, Scholes, G Neville never tried to be bigger than the club and instead buckled down and did what ever was required of their services. Beckham did not (demanding to be played in central midfield etc) and Ferguson kicked him out. Liverpool coddled Gerrard, he was captain fantastic and they accommodated whatever he demanded

Blablurn

"He will return in the not-too-distant future. This doesn't mean next week or the week after, but soon."-Rummenigge on Ribery (Bild)

The former Liverpool captain claimed Diouf had no real interest in football and cared nothing about Liverpool, finishing off by stating that while he had some respect for Balotelli, who could be ‘endearing’ at times, he had none for Diouf.

Diouf, known to be a controversial character, seemingly did not like what Steven Gerrard had to say about him and took to Radio Future Media in Senegal, relayed by Le10 Sport, to voice his opinion on the Liverpool legend.

He said: “We all saw how he made life difficult for Mario Balotelli at Liverpool. I warned him. Liverpool isn’t a team that accepts black people unless they are English.

“It’s common knowledge. Gerrard has never liked black people. When I was at Liverpool, I showed him I was black, that I wasn’t English, but that I'm no pushover. All the time I was there, he never dared looked me in the eye.”

Gerrard the racist confirmed.

spidye

"He will return in the not-too-distant future. This doesn't mean next week or the week after, but soon."-Rummenigge on Ribery (Bild)
I want to blieve but even if he's back he will have a hard time to get back in form. He's nt the youngest anymore

Jack Wilshere out for 3 months and requires surgery.

Honestly you couldn't make this shit up lol.

Gross negligence and incompetence exhibited in classic fashion by Wenger once again,
leaving our team short.

We need to get Eva Carneiro in. Look at Chelsea without her! I think some competent medical staff would be final piece of Wenger's jigsaw, like more than signing a world class striker like Nicklas Bendtner would be.

Diouf is obviously as untrustworthy as anyone can be, and a disgraceful person.

But Gerrard sure seems to be stirring the pot with his book, throwing shit at quite a few people. Not surprising, he has always seemed like a very little person, who likes Phil Collins way more than he should.

Jack Wilshere out for 3 months and requires surgery.

Honestly you couldn't make this shit up lol.

Gross negligence and incompetence exhibited in classic fashion by Wenger once again,
leaving our team short.

Hear that? That's the sound of another Arsenal 4th place finish.

Because if there's one thing Arsenal lack, it's midfielders.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Wilshere's even second choice for the second central midfielder slot next to Coquelin at this point. Cazorla and Ramsey have it covered.

Even then, there's Rosicky (injured too, but still on the books), Arteta, Ox and even Flamini who could all do a job there. Fingers crossed that Arsenal can last 3 months with only 5 uninjured first team options for that one position. It was crazy for Wenger to let the transfer window slam shut with only 7 (8 if you include Coq) first team players that can play in that one position. Disgraceful. Gross negligence. Incompetence. #WengerOut. I definitely know what I'm talking about.

raven777

Manchester United
@ManUtd
#mufc XI: De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Schweinsteiger, Herrera; Young, Mata, Memphis; Martial.

We need to get Eva Carneiro in. Look at Chelsea without her! I think some competent medical staff would be final piece of Wenger's jigsaw, like more than signing a world class striker like Nicklas Bendtner would be.

People keep saying this, X thing will finish the jigsaw, then Y, then Z and yet the jigsaw is never complete.

Maybe the jigsaw just had a bunch of missing pieces and these will only come when something bigger happens

Apologies if this was a joke or something I missed, though.

norinrad

Manchester United
@ManUtd
#mufc XI: De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Schweinsteiger, Herrera; Young, Mata, Memphis; Martial.

I like the line up. Hopefully United will ship Shrek back to Goodison Park where he belongs.

Diouf is obviously as untrustworthy as anyone can be, and a disgraceful person.

At one point in a bar in Senegal, he was drunk and started talking shit to people. They beat the hell out of him he needed to go to the hospital for treatment.

Diouf is a cretin who thinks very highly of himself.

Blablurn

CO9lzKMW8AAsneR.jpg:large

Fuck Wolfsburg

Would have rather seen Dortmund in the CL

ahoyle77

Anyone watching fox sports pregame and wondering if they realized Aguero was on the bench? They kept talking about City like Aguero was done for the year.

Linius

Good thing I couldn't give two fucks about PSV ayyy

Okay, I hope they gather enough points to become third in the group and join us in the EL after the winter

People keep saying this, X thing will finish the jigsaw, then Y, then Z and yet the jigsaw is never complete.

Maybe the jigsaw just had a bunch of missing pieces and these will only come when something bigger happens

Apologies if this was a joke or something I missed, though.

Arsene Wenger's jigsaw:

eternity-ii.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom